• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Version 12.1 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to hear that as we did commit to a specific date in the official announcement of 12.1 update and Amanda repeated that date
in her YouTube show as well.

Now we have an extra delay in having our budget proposals up and running and have missing MN payments because payment enforcement is still off.

I'm sorry to hear that as we did commit to a specific date in the official announcement of 12.1 update and Amanda repeated that date
in her YouTube show as well.

Now we have an extra delay in having our budget proposals up and running and have missing MN payments because payment enforcement is still off.

there is no delay - amanda date was never confirmed by Dev's (not sure how she got that)
do you prefer to have merchants and whoever working on the wrong fork eventually if we enforce now (or whatever date Amanda suggested) ?
remember we are not some little coin project anymore - 100 Mill market cap brings a responsibility to merchants and 3rd Parties we are working with
(our personal MN payments are one thing - but there are bigger fish/as important to be taken care of now)

do you prefer to have merchants and whoever working on the wrong fork eventually if we enforce now

Is this possible if 100% of miners are on 12.1?

It seems a bit backwards if large merchants can veto or delay protocol changes by not upgrading. Surely it's the responsibility of merchants to update to the latest version as agreed by masternodes and used by miners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there is no delay - amanda date was never confirmed by Dev's (not sure how she got that)
do you prefer to have merchants and whoever working on the wrong fork eventually if we enforce now (or whatever date Amanda suggested) ?
remember we are not some little coin project anymore - 100 Mill market cap brings a responsibility to merchants and 3rd Parties we are working with
(our personal MN payments are one thing - but there are bigger fish/as important to be taken care of now)

Tungfa, It seems that you champion the poor merchant's plight. But I ask "what merchants?" all publicly available info. on dash accepting merchants show virtually no Dash acceptance except the guy selling hot sauce out of his garage and me, of course, selling photographs. Now,I overstate a bit but I imagine 90% of those merchants are simply submitting exchanges on a QT wallet anyway. Perhaps they haven't yet upgraded because it's low priority, low business volume to them. I thing you need to prioritize MN holders who are the true value drivers for Dash at this point and stand by them with predictable schedules. Merchants will come in time, certainly, but to overstate their importance is misleading.

Tungfa, It seems that you champion the poor merchant's plight. But I ask "what merchants?"
Bingo. Talk about a thing as if it exists so that onlookers will get the impression that the imaginary marketplace isn't imaginary.

Kinda like "Institutionalized Racism" and "The Patriarchy."

It doesn't exist. But if you keep blaming it, then the weak-minded will fall for it...

It's kinda funny that the very same people that are talking about "OMG the Merchants!" are the same ones that have gone out of their way to sabotage Merchant usability for nearly 2 years now...

Suddenly they care so much about the very thing they assured would not exist, and use dishonest snowflake tactics to pretend to care, pretend that it exists, and pretend they aren't the very reason it doesn't; all at the same time...

This is not to throw support behind the complaint behind the decision to leave enforcement off. I'm all for leaving enforcement off. But, again, we see the snowflake invasion... Why make up bullshit and lies as the reason, when the truth does just fine...

Enforcement should stay off until MNs are 90% 12.1.x or better. Enforcement is a collective extension of PoSe. If you don't update, you don't get paid. Suck it.

Oh, yeah, how's that 0.12.1.1 coming?

Last edited:
It seems a bit backwards if large merchants can veto or delay protocol changes by not upgrading. Surely it's the responsibility of merchants to update to the latest version as agreed by masternodes and used by miners?
You fell for it. There are no Merchants calling these shots because there are no Merchants. Well, no large ones, and no number in desperate need of worrying about this. The existing methods of accepting payment can have chain depth easily adjusted because they don't use IX anyway... DASH's current Merchant perspective is no different from LTC, and the bump to 12.1 doesn't impact them even if they were a factor.

See how that deception plays so easily?

Calm yourselves people. The merchants he is referring to probably consists primarily of exchanges and a few direct business partners. No one is saying or has ever said that we're talking about a grand vibrant marketplace of retail businesses transacting in dash. Jeez.

Uhhh, just to clear my own name here, I definitely did not make up the 12th as an enforcement date to report on DASH: Detailed. In Evan's 12.1 writeup, he published precisely:

"It is imperative that ALL users of the dash client update to the most recent version of the client as soon as possible. End users, miners, pool operators, exchanges, and masternode owners have until Sunday, February 12th to update. After that date, we will switch completely to the new version as soon as our engineers determine it is safe to do so, and older versions of the software will drop off the network."

^ Perhaps I should have used Evan's more exact wording on the show. He writes "after that date," while I had said "on that date." So my bad there. But it is not at all a surprise that people expected enforcement on or just after the 12th.

Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? :D

Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? :D

QlRmMFP.jpg

Bingo. Talk about a thing as if it exists so that onlookers will get the impression that the imaginary marketplace isn't imaginary.

Kinda like "Institutionalized Racism" and "The Patriarchy."

It doesn't exist. But if you keep blaming it, then the weak-minded will fall for it...

It's kinda funny that the very same people that are talking about "OMG the Merchants!" are the same ones that have gone out of their way to sabotage Merchant usability for nearly 2 years now...

Suddenly they care so much about the very thing they assured would not exist, and use dishonest snowflake tactics to pretend to care, pretend that it exists, and pretend they aren't the very reason it doesn't; all at the same time...

This is not to throw support behind the complaint behind the decision to leave enforcement off. I'm all for leaving enforcement off. But, again, we see the snowflake invasion... Why make up bullshit and lies as the reason, when the truth does just fine...

Enforcement should stay off until MNs are 90% 12.1.x or better. Enforcement is a collective extension of PoSe. If you don't update, you don't get paid. Suck it.

Oh, yeah, how's that 0.12.1.1 coming?

so purse.io is not considered a large merchant??
https://cointelegraph.com/news/dash...ular-altcoin-as-bitcoin-dominance-strengthens

Uhhh, just to clear my own name here, I definitely did not make up the 12th as an enforcement date to report on DASH: Detailed. In Evan's 12.1 writeup, he published precisely:

"It is imperative that ALL users of the dash client update to the most recent version of the client as soon as possible. End users, miners, pool operators, exchanges, and masternode owners have until Sunday, February 12th to update. After that date, we will switch completely to the new version as soon as our engineers determine it is safe to do so, and older versions of the software will drop off the network."

^ Perhaps I should have used Evan's more exact wording on the show. He writes "after that date," while I had said "on that date." So my bad there. But it is not at all a surprise that people expected enforcement on or just after the 12th.

hey amanda
sorry no offence :rolleyes: my bad
yes evan set that date in the announcement (u are definately cleared here ;) - it is all on me - totally missed that date line sorry again)
"on" 12th
and
"after" 12th
is exactly what i am talking about

well anyway
dates should never be set for technical updates and enforcement
enforcement depends 100% on technical details and not human factors (sorry to all of us humans involved)

merchants question - yes there are merchants but they are not forcing anybody to do anything - we are just trying to protect them and their transfers (as any "good" network would do)

3rd parties
this is the concern here - exodus , jaxx , exchanges .... we want to ensure everybody is on the right version before enforcing . they are not forcing us ether , but as said above it is our responsibility to give them enough time to update . (we do NOT want to fork them or be forked by them so better save than sorry)

obviously the community is desperate to update , just give it another couple of days please , check the numbers we are nearly there :rolleyes:

personal thought
smoothest update everrrrr (in my 3 years in drk/ dash)
why the rush ? if the tech department / quality controll suggests more time is needed - hell yeah - give them another couple of days - they brought us so far why screw it up now ? ;)

Last edited:
...it is not at all a surprise that people expected enforcement on or just after the 12th.
It's like watching the media in a press conference with Sean Spicer. They twist every word they hear, and spit out questions that don't even make sense. It's more like daycare with unruly brats that just make shit up...

It's like they still don't see the version number...

ZERO.TWELVE.ONE.ZERO

It's not even v1.0 yet... It's v0.12.whateverblahblah... It's not even version 1/8th yet... It's absolutely silly to expect anything to be carved in stone with this much development underway.

The expectations of snowflakes rarely have anything to do with reality.

Leave enforcement off for another 2 weeks for all I care... I don't even have any of my masternodes running. Because I'm not a fuckin' retard.

I have my criticisms of the DASH project, but this is not one of them, nor is there any excuse for whining....

It's not even v1.0 yet... It's v0.12.whateverblahblah... It's not even version 1/8th yet...

That's not how software version numbers work. The number after the point isn't a decimal fraction, it's an integer. Dash could go to version 0.101.0 if it wanted. 0.x.y indicates that the API is not considered stable. The Semantic Versioning site explains this in more detail.

That's not how software version numbers work. The number after the point isn't a decimal fraction, it's an integer. Dash could go to version 0.101.0 if it wanted. 0.x.y indicates that the API is not considered stable. The Semantic Versioning site explains this in more detail.
Really? Do I need to include a [/sarc] tag?

Really? Do I need to include a [/sarc] tag?

Actually, yes. After your rant about the imaginary marketplace and your vitriol towards @tungfa for his "deception", I genuinely can't make any sense out of what you are saying. I apologise, perhaps I am just not paying close enough attention to the conversation here to understand everyone's opinions. I never thought I'd say this, but I find the discussion on Reddit much saner and easier to follow.

Actually, yes. After your rant about the imaginary marketplace and your vitriol towards @tungfa for his "deception", I genuinely can't make any sense out of what you are saying. I apologise, perhaps I am just not paying close enough attention to the conversation here to understand everyone's opinions. I never thought I'd say this, but I find the discussion on Reddit much saner and easier to follow.

DF is definately the Pro playground compared to reddit
much more technical and emotional here :rolleyes:

my "deception" :D did i ? i was not aware, propably used to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back