• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

Is first one the exact one? " shouldn't be there

Not sure what you mean...

First I open 3 wallets using: FOR /L %%X in (1,1,3) do start "Wallet%%X" /min "C:\Program Files (x86)\tDash\dash-qt.exe" -datadir="C:\Users\Bert\AppData\Roaming\Test%%X"

Then much later on, after all 3 are synced, I try to generate addresses using:
dash-cli" -datadir="C:\Users\Bert\AppData\Roaming\Test1" getaccountaddress MN011

Not sure what you mean...

First I open 3 wallets using: FOR /L %%X in (1,1,3) do start "Wallet%%X" /min "C:\Program Files (x86)\tDash\dash-qt.exe" -datadir="C:\Users\Bert\AppData\Roaming\Test%%X"

Then much later on, after all 3 are synced, I try to generate addresses using:
dash-cli" -datadir="C:\Users\Bert\AppData\Roaming\Test1" getaccountaddress MN011

Sorry for "Batch"... that first one would same as batch file like this:
start /min "C:\Program Files (x86)\tDash\dash-qt.exe" -datadir="C:\Users\Bert\AppData\Roaming\Test1
start /min "C:\Program Files (x86)\tDash\dash-qt.exe" -datadir="C:\Users\Bert\AppData\Roaming\Test2
start /min "C:\Program Files (x86)\tDash\dash-qt.exe" -datadir="C:\Users\Bert\AppData\Roaming\Test3

crowning can explain better then I :tongue:

also check your "for" loop

shouldn't it be 2?

No, FOR /L %%X in (1,1,3) says 1 to 3, increment by 1; like FOR /L %%X in (3,2,10) says 3 to 10, increment by 2...
Not to worry, I'll figure it out. Lol, I shouldn't be bogging you guys down dealing with Bash problems. Thank you tho!

Lol, after all it is: Dash, not Bash :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I looked at that and re-tried, but dub quote is there for start of the command,
"C:\Program Files (x86)\tDash\dash-cli" -datadir=.....
I hate this default directory so I set up all my test wallets under the C:\ directory, easier to navigate.

Try "dash-cli -rpcport=<RPC-port of the wallet>"

The RPC-port should be different for each running wallet.
I also have this same problem. How do you find the rpc port of a start-many wallet? I used "netstat" but it's really confusing and i'm not sure if this is how to find it.

No, FOR /L %%X in (1,1,3) says 1 to 3, increment by 1; like FOR /L %%X in (3,2,10) says 3 to 10, increment by 2...
Not to worry, I'll figure it out. Lol, I shouldn't be bogging you guys down dealing with Bash problems. Thank you tho!
Ahhh.. ok, good to know. Sorry for confusion.:oops:

Try "dash-cli -rpcport=<RPC-port of the wallet>"

The RPC-port should be different for each running wallet.

I put rpcport=8001, rpcport=8002, rpcport=8003 into respective dash.conf's, see if that fixes datadir= prob

Worked like charm... Thank you,you're a champ!

I also have this same problem. How do you find the rpc port of a start-many wallet? I used "netstat" but it's really confusing and i'm not sure if this is how to find it.

It's in dash.conf.

Settings needed in dash.conf:
Code:
rpcport=<your_port>
rpcuser=<your_user>
rpcpassword=<your_password>

Now you can do either:
dash-cli -datadir="<your_path_to_config_file>" getinfo
or
dash-cli -rpcport=<your_port> -rpcuser=<your_user> -rpcpassword=<your_password> getinfo

Both work with v0.12.0.x here.

I'd use the first option so your user/password won't end in your shell's history.

But is it safe to do this? crowning

capture_002_13072015_144806.jpg

It's in dash.conf.

Code:
rpcport=<your_port>
rpcuser=<your_user>

Now you can do either:
dash-cli -datadir="<your_path_to_config_file> getinfo
or
dash-cli -rpcport=<your_port> -rpcuser=<your_user> -rpcpassword=<your_password> getinfo

I'd use the first option so your user/password won't end in your shell's history.

Perfect! Thanks again (and yes, opt 1 for sure)

windowtitle= 3
testnet=1
rpcuser=bert
rpcpassword=happy
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=8003
listen=o
daemon=1
server=1
addnode=128.127.106.235:19999

It's in dash.conf.

Code:
rpcport=<your_port>
rpcuser=<your_user>

Now you can do either:
dash-cli -datadir="<your_path_to_config_file>" getinfo
or

I followed Reuben's guide to set up MN start-many and this is what I have in my dash.conf for each wallet, maybe this is why it's not working because I need an rpcport? But it's working without using dash-cli.

testnet=1
rpcuser=TestnetMN (different name for each wallet)
rpcpassword=abcxyz458 (different pw for each wallet)
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
listen=0
server=1
daemon=1
logtimestamps=1

edit: not working with option 1, haven't tried option 2.

I followed Reuben's guide to set up MN start-many and this is what I have in my dash.conf for each wallet, maybe this is why it's not working because I need an rpcport? But it's working without using dash-cli.

testnet=1
rpcuser=TestnetMN (different name for each wallet)
rpcpassword=abcxyz458 (different pw for each wallet)
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
listen=0
server=1
daemon=1
logtimestamps=1

Yes, I only just added that line after crowning suggested, now all is good:

capture_004_13072015_151628.jpg

Results:

capture_002_13072015_144806.jpg

And:

capture_006_13072015_152754.jpg

And: