• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

Ya know...... with a $1/4 Million$ at today's prices available for DEV improvements.....
There has GOT to be somebody out there, able and willing to: simplify DASH/crypto
Into a more user friendly UI for the masses
It IS what's holding any crypto back from my Mother using DASH - or - BTC - ......etc

Can't wait for that post one day.....

edit for grammar

Still no application signing certificate..... :(

I mean sure I know this isn't a virus...but what do the others think....?

These are test versions, to be downloaded and used at your own risk. We'll look into application certificate (both MacOS X and Windows) for the release.

On another note found this screen cap kinda neat. Shows the history of all the testing release sizes for windows. Look at the code size of the .12 release?!!!

http://imgur.com/ITzOTSl

0.11.0.7 source explodes from 16mb's to 88mb's. Now at v12 we are back down to 32mb's.

This comparism is not valid, as the zip files contain different set of files.

If you want to compare code/binary size compare the size of *-src.tar.gz and *.dash-qt.exe

But these are the links to the defunct updates?
While we wait for the test - fix?

Point
and
Point
:)

Looking forward to learning the new DASH stuff :-D

thx
and
THX :p

Won't be able to test on the Pi but I don't think it will be needed - until the final release
Way to time consuming to compile - knowing how testing works - lol

should people running test masternodes start using the dash-cli version as i understand thats going to replace
the dashd ? (i think i read somewhere that certain rpc commands have been shifted to dash-cli or something)

Won't be able to test on the Pi but I don't think it will be needed - until the final release
Way to time consuming to compile - knowing how testing works - lol

Can't. I'll be on the move quite a lot in the next months

should people running test masternodes start using the dash-cli version as i understand thats going to replace
the dashd ? (i think i read somewhere that certain rpc commands have been shifted to dash-cli or something)

dashd has no RPC client anymore so if you wish to send RPC commands to the running daemon (dashd) you need dash-cli (or another RPC client).

These are test versions, to be downloaded and used at your own risk. We'll look into application certificate (both MacOS X and Windows) for the release.

...and the peasants rejoice, I might be able to install my own banking software without disabling all my operating system security. Great job!!!!

This comparism is not valid, as the zip files contain different set of files.

If you want to compare code/binary size compare the size of *-src.tar.gz and *.dash-qt.exe
Good points. So far this release feels amazingly well done. This wasn't a needle this was more of a great job guys.

dashd has no RPC client anymore so if you wish to send RPC commands to the running daemon (dashd) you need dash-cli (or another RPC client).

Thanks for your reply, i also came across this : http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/qu...en-bitcoind-and-bitcoin-qt-different-commands

Update:

In version 0.9, bitcoin-cli was added with just the RPC client functionality from bitcoind.
In version 0.10, this functionality will be removed from bitcoind. This means that the following ways of interacting will be possible:

bitcoin-cli or an external RPC client talking to bitcoind.

bitcoin-cli or an external RPC client talking to bitcoin-qt -server.

Using the RPC console in bitcoin-qt.

So i think i understand it now a bit more then before but RPC commands in general are still a bit vague to me tbh

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, guys, if some of you were mining on testnet with gpu for a while and dropped it - please don't. I need to investigate issues from both sides (miners and MNs) to gather more info but I can't compete with you on my old macbook so blockchain is stuck for me now :confused:... please, mine on testnet with few cpus only (if you ever need to) and don't throw lots of hashes there (in terms of testnet ofc) until further testing resuming. Thanks!

okay, i will throw 2 CPU cores yr way...
(to all : in debug console type setgenerate true 2, to stop the CPU mining type setgenerate false)

edit 1 : first thought you requested mining help but it looks like you want the difficulty to get lower .. so if anyone is solo mining they should only do some light CPU mining... sorry about my misread.

edit 2 : i just took a look at the peers as i was having the wallet up anyways and from the 8 peers
i'm connected to only 4 are from version 12, the rest are pre-version 12 .... FYI

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone need tDash? I left my testnet MN running since the last testing. I have about 20,000 tDash I can give up. Just PM me your address, keeps the thread smaller.

Howling at you later.

Back