• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.15 - Onyx Release

Yeah, but dnsseeder was updated on 17th, so your fresh updated darkcoind got provided with outdated peers and the more these updated your peer got orphaned and dropped of the network.

Nevertheless i agree: the update behaviour has to be improved. As i see it problem is that protocolversion field is used as version identifier for two networks: darkcoin and masternode. This seems to not work out in case of network wide major updates.
Is the issue (or part of it) that MNs drop/ignore connections from previous versions but normal clients don't? If my normal wallet is v15, it shouldn't be talking to anything v14...? Yet it seems to be getting crap data from somewhere as to for example which and how many MNs are v15 and active. (edit: as are MNs!)

When enforcement was last enabled, it seemed pretty efficient at orphaning blocks generated by non-compliant pools/miners, and preventing any forking. Why can't that effective enforcement be applied to everything on the network? Not current version, don't get to play.

If someone could draw a diagram/flow chart of how this stuff works it would be most helpful! And stop me asking such stupid questions. :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but dnsseeder was updated on 17th, so your fresh updated darkcoind got provided with outdated peers and the more these updated your peer got orphaned and dropped of the network.

Nevertheless i agree: the update behaviour has to be improved. As i see it problem is that protocolversion field is used as version identifier for two networks: darkcoin and masternode. This seems to not work out in case of network wide major updates.

Deleting peers.dat did not help, I've updated http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-104 with this info.

To me it looks as if there are clients which propagate peers from one version to the other, and those mess things up again.

I hate that I have to ask for this in the forum. Totally defeats the purpose but anyone wants to mix 400-500 drk with me on the mainnet? :)

Wafflepool is running https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/tree/v0.10.16.0

eduffield , what's the difference between this release and 10.15.13 other than different version numbers? Any issues with payouts and such with pools running this?

They're paying appropriately on DRK.MN.
The only differences between 0.10.15.13 and 0.10.16.0 are

- an additional "masternode start-many" command, which supports starting multiple masternodes without having to split the 1000DRK to distinct wallets.

- improved masternode list caching (input age cache)

Beside this nothing has changed, consider it as 'maintenance update', but it has not been released yet, so use at own risk.

- an additional "masternode start-many" command, which supports starting multiple masternodes without having to split the 1000DRK to distinct wallets.

Does this mean I can have say 5000DRK in one wallet and start 5 MN's from that wallet? (But a separate .conf for each, with the appropriate masternodeIP and masternodeprivkey?)

That would be awesome. Even more awesome would be one .conf file that you could put multiple masternode-n-address and masternode-n-privkeys in...

Does this mean I can have say 5000DRK in one wallet and start 5 MN's from that wallet? (But a separate .conf for each, with the appropriate masternodeIP and masternodeprivkey?)

That would be awesome. Even more awesome would be one .conf file that you could put multiple masternode-n-address and masternode-n-privkeys in...
Yes, that's exactly the way it's working, there is now a 'masternode.conf' file with each line containing the masternode-n-addr and masternode-n-privkey.

Look at https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/commit/f088a8f56d3908c140e2e92c65ac33c83783ade2 to get an idea of how it works :)

So to start 4 masternodes you'll need to have 4 addresses funded with 1000DRK in your wallet and the masternode.conf file containing 4 lines with masternodeaddr and masternodeprivkey for each MN - and then fire a "masternode start-many" command

Someone please join us on main-net to mix 400drk/4 rounds.

Edit: It still says "Darksend is idle"

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/commit/f088a8f56d3908c140e2e92c65ac33c83783ade2 to get an idea of how it works :)
So to start 4 masternodes you'll need to have 4 addresses funded with 1000DRK in your wallet and the masternode.conf file containing 4 lines with masternodeaddr and masternodeprivkey for each MN - and then fire a "masternode start-many" command

If I understand the code correctly instead of using "getaccountaddress 0" ANY address with exactly 1000 DRK gets used?

If I understand the code correctly instead of using "getaccountaddress 0" ANY address with exactly 1000 DRK gets used?
Correct - it iterates through your wallet, searching for 1000DRK vins and matches them against the masternode.conf data. But i must confess i don't know how the code will handle order changes...

A brief user guide would be good - do we just run masternode genkey multiple times, how do we tie the masternodeprivkey to the masternodeaddress in the .conf...?

You can do that now. Just has to be a single 1000DRK vin. I think the address 0 thing was for some much earlier version, I usually never bother anymore.

You can do that now. Just has to be a single 1000DRK vin. I think the address 0 thing was for some much earlier version, I usually never bother anymore.
Correct, "address 0" was from a early version - the current wallets will use the first 1000DRK found in the wallet, regardless of label.

start-many is a logical extension to this, not stopping at the first 1000DRK vin ^^

This is fantastic news... will definitely be importing my priv keys into one wallet to manage one wallet and one config file when more information is released.

Back