• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.15 - Onyx Release

That's what I thought. :1 on the terminal. BTW, how else would I restart the MN except from the local wallet?
On testnet for this release (and maybe previous ones, I don't know, I always run a hot wallet on testnet) you have been (mostly) able to just swap in the new darkcoind, start it and that's it, the Masternode restarts itself without the 'masternode start' command being needed anywhere. Apparently this has been possible for some time on mainnet too, but I've always done the local restart thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I thought. :1 on the terminal. BTW, how else would I restart the MN except from the local wallet?
As opposed to just updating the remote daemons and restarting. I found I had to issue masternode start from local for this one, although, I did get 1s from just the remote update (about 30 second downtime to update). I was going off the poolhash and drk.mn listings which made all my mn's show up as inactive but I figured afterwards it was due to them not being updated.

Very logical and methodical approach to tackling issues and new developments Evan, bl00dy well done mate.

Benjamin Lawsky:

“To clarify, we do not intend to regulate software as software or software development,” he said, according to Reuters. “For example, a software developer who creates and provides wallet software to customers for their own use will not need a license" - awesome news!

"“Mining per se will not be regulated. To the extent the miner engages in other virtual currency activities, however – for example, hosting wallets or exchanging virtual currency – a license may be required for those activities. For mining itself, there will be no license requirement.”" - awesome news!

I am all for regulating exchanges like mintpal

Expect bitcoin price to skyrocket?

Sources:
http://www.wired.com/2014/10/bitlicense/
http://www.coindesk.com/lawsky-bitcoin-developers-miners-exempt-bitlicense/

But isn't that just New York State?

Yes, I think the Bit License is for the State of New York BUT since NYC is the financial center (Wall street etc.) of the US, it is likely that the other states will follow them.

Lets hope the remaining 6.7 billion people on earth follow New York too :D

Ok, if I stop being facetious...I think its fantastic that the centralised points of a decentralised economy are regulated. Its a real boost although it is also no reason why decentralised exchanges can't become a reality too.

Weird.

One of my nodes just went disappeared off the list. Regenerated IP, genkey and 1k deposit. This seems odd... still waiting to on confirms. I wasnt on testnet this time round. Is this normal behaviour?

GiOmR1n.png

Pretty sure it's more than 15 confirms... like the number of existing masternodes is the length of time in confirms needed before you qualify to be on the list. At least I believe that was put into this release.

I see my own 'masternode : 1' when I grep the masternode list, but my MN has dropped off of elberethzone's mn list.

Anyone else seeing this?

wallet: Xqc1UjBg3fAb2U5Yk4fDQQHBDRGyf8KjsD

I updated darkcoind on MN then upgraded cold wallet and restarted masternode from there.

I see my own 'masternode : 1' when I grep the masternode list, but my MN has dropped off of elberethzone's mn list.

Anyone else seeing this?

wallet: Xqc1UjBg3fAb2U5Yk4fDQQHBDRGyf8KjsD

I updated darkcoind on MN then upgraded cold wallet and restarted masternode from there.

I can't see your MN either. Neither at drk.mn nor at drk.poolhash

Flare said you should give it 24 hours before checking again. It might not show up because it has to wait for so many confirmations.

Flare said you should give it 24 hours before checking again. It might not show up because it has to wait for so many confirmations.
Elbereth and El Presidente first need to update their nodes to reflect the current state.

Elbereth and El Presidente first need to update their nodes to reflect the current state.
You can send an Inbox message to them. But I am sure they already know. We just have to be patient and if it takes so many confirmations it won't show up on those sites anyway until the confirmations are done.

You can send an Inbox message to them. But I am sure they already know. We just have to be patient and if it takes so many confirmations it won't show up on those sites anyway until the confirmations are done.
This has nothing to do with confirmations. The protocol version was changed. Older daemons are not able to receive the current masternode list.

I wrote to Chinese exchnage "BTC38.com" today and asked them if they would be interested in adding Darkcoin to their exchnage or work with Darkcoin community.

Got this reply:

6CCANQ8.png

Can we also contact the other exchanges in China as a community and ask them to consider/reconsider adding Darkcoin? After MintGox and CryptsGox, there is nothing left with volume to trade anymore. The third biggest is Bitfinex and it has about 20BTC volume :-/

Edit: Some of those Chinese exchanges heavily relied on arbitrage with European/US exchanges (Mintpal and Cryptsy) but since the latter two are down, probably the profit of Chinese exchanges also got hit. It might be our window of opportunity to get them accept Darkcoin trading and it would be a win-win situation both for the Darkcoin and the exchanges.

Pretty sure it's more than 15 confirms... like the number of existing masternodes is the length of time in confirms needed before you qualify to be on the list. At least I believe that was put into this release.
You are almost right. To be selected for payments one needs "masternode count" confirmations. But to just start a masternode, 15 confirmations are sufficient.

Back