• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Trust Protector Election site is live

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I want to vote while I am unable to downvote. A none vote is not the same as a downvote. A none vote is abstain, whereas a downvote is about potential mis-trust, that said person might cause more harm than good.

Why do we have to vote with the collateral key rather than the voting key?

https://blog.dash.org/trust-protector-election-software-93ed67c7455b
“Why not use the existing budget system?”
It’s a valid question, and I’m glad someone might ask. This is actually different from the current budget system in that it’s not a simply binary yes/no, and the MN owners who currently delegate or e.g. share their voting keys with MN operators,
may not want to delegate or share ability to vote for the Dash Trust Protectors.

Because of this difference and the importance of the Trust Protector position and to ensure that it is MN owners and not e.g. hosting providers or budget vote delegates, we determined that we needed to use the MN collateral key for signing and verifying messages.

Dash Trust Protector Election Results are now Live and Public
Congrats to all the winners :D
https://dashwatchbeta.org/elections?tab=results

Pek0bxo.png

I'm not sure I want to vote while I am unable to downvote. A none vote is not the same as a downvote. A none vote is abstain, whereas a downvote is about potential mis-trust, that said person might cause more harm than good.
If you had voted for everyone except for the people you mistrust, it would have had the same effect as if they were downvoted.

Last edited:
If you had voted for everyone except for the people you mistrust, it would have had the same effect as if they were downvoted.

There are 3 kind of people.
Those who we like. Those who we dont know them. And those who we dislike.
Thats why we need to vote yes/abstain/no.
1/0/-1

Do the math, and stop being fuzzy.

Under normal conditions such as this, you maybe right. But on principle, I didn't feel comfortable participating in something that is fundamentally flawed. In theory, unlikely but true, all candidates might be of poor character. Or perhaps at a later stage, mid-term, we want to revoke a Trust Protector. A No vote (reject) signals this.

But anyway, as it goes I'm reasonably happy with the results and hopefully the voting process will be more refined the next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back