• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Trading Volume

fible1

Dash Core Group
Masternode Owner/Operator
Does anyone have any insight on what's up with trading volume over the past 2 weeks or so? It's gone down a lot.

Pablo.

have you noticed that decrease in volume only in the case of Dash or is it a broader trend spanning across other coins too?

have you noticed that decrease in volume only in the case of Dash or is it a broader trend spanning across other coins too?

Honestly I haven't looked at other altcoins so I don't know. I suspect this is happening to Dash and a handful of other Bitcoin competitors as the junkcoins get pumped and dumped on a daily basis.

Pablo.

The only explanation I can find for LTC is Grexit. No development happening to LTC but its taking off like DASH used to these last few days. Judgecoin went wild, then died, and a couple other schiesscoins.

It amazes me that with all this innovation the markets respond with total apathy to DASH.

it is all about day trading, and Dash was never a good day trading coin
as we a very stable due to the Masternodes !

+
in the moment there is a lot of Greek speculation going on
(which i do NOT understand at all, no greek will invest in BTC or others when you can not feed your family or fuel your car, they have other problems in the moment than thinking about investments !)
+ other volumes
were all pumps in china, anything around Jubi, BTC38 (or whatever) is all nonsense and might not even be a pump
and just fake chinese style volume
(as they have no trading fees)

I think a lot of the problem is that people perceive us as "just another alt coin" and miss the point regarding innovation. I think that's not a problem while we get our software up to spec but definitely something we need to deal with down the road.

Pablo.

There is a seasonal variation with mining, as it gets very hot in the back bedroom with the sun full on in the middle of the summer (where I'm sitting, lol)
And what exactly are you comparing the Dash X11 hash rate to?
All scrypt and sha256 coins are 100% ASIC now, meaning the hash rate will keep jumping up every few months with the next generation of chip design, they should not be on the same chart, unless you account for the asic multipler factor somehow by scaling down.

http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurre...00&lyra2repc=0.1000&lyra2rec=false&e=Coinbase

Only compare to other X11 coins, and that will give a real comparision, suggest comparing to startcoin, cannabiscoin and digitalcoin as they have good volumes, there are not many others of high volumes really, if you want to analyse the network from a trading angle I suggest you look at the node charts for each coin, that is more telling as it tells how many hot wallets are and also the seed nodes that enable blockchain downloading..
It is most likely, many small miners have hung up their rigs and set up a few masternodes instead being far easier and less competitive to do.

Btw, startcoin is on a 24 hour cycle for hash rate swing, and Dash is on about 22 hours, funny eh, and they phase between each other, but have nearly same hash rates, almost like they are a binary hash system, lol :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a seasonal variation with mining, as it gets very hot in the back bedroom with the sun full on in the middle of the summer (where I'm sitting, lol)
And what exactly are you comparing the Dash X11 hash rate to?
All scrypt and sha256 coins are 100% ASIC now, meaning the hash rate will keep jumping up every few months with the next generation of chip design, they should not be on the same chart, unless you account for the asic multipler factor somehow by scaling down.

http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurre...00&lyra2repc=0.1000&lyra2rec=false&e=Coinbase

Only compare to other X11 coins, and that will give a real comparision, suggest comparing to startcoin, cannabiscoin and digitalcoin as they have good volumes, there are not many others of high volumes really, if you want to analyse the network from a trading angle I suggest you look at the node charts for each coin, that is more telling as it tells how many hot wallets are and also the seed nodes that enable blockchain downloading..
It is most likely, many small miners have hung up their rigs and set up a few masternodes instead being far easier and less competitive to do.

Btw, startcoin is on a 24 hour cycle for hash rate swing, and Dash is on about 22 hours, funny eh, and they phase between each other, but have nearly same hash rates, almost like they are a binary hash system, lol :grin:

Hey :),
I'm comparing the chart to itself, which makes sense. It is clear from the chart we have lost miners, and this is an important point. Since I'm not a miner I can't really say what the reason is, but I suspect it has more to do with how profitable it has been to mine Dash these past few weeks relative to other coins. Since moving your rigs to another coin is pretty much 0 cost, this explanation, at least regarding motives, seems to make the most sense.

This also tells us something about the markets long term outlook for Dash, it's clear a large percentage of miners just mine and sell immediately; but there is clearly a segment of miners which accumulate coins. Why are some of these people leaving us?

My question was more in the order of what incentives exactly are these miners following? Is there something happening in another coin in particular? Or is this a specific thing where expenses are not being covered when mining Dash? Etc.

I agree that we can compare to other coins when looking for global trends, but I wouldn't limit myself to X11 coins only, although they will give you insights into how the cutting edge of the X11 mining market is doing, I believe there is a larger trend in afoot in mining in general. Again, I am no expert but it seems to make sense to me.

I simply want to understand why the miners are moving away from Dash right now :).

:)

Pablo.

Hey :),
I simply want to understand why the miners are moving away from Dash right now :).
:)
Pablo.

Short answer is not being profitable to switch the GPU's on for the electricity used. When the Dash price doubles, the hash rate could also double (and also mining share companies will sell hash rate)
I watch what coin my auto switching X11 pool switches to and atm its doing a lot of startcoin which has higher volume than Dash (possibly for first time), so some of the hash rate is sucked away by other more profitable coins, ironically all my startcoin are instantly sold by the pool to send me Dash, so try and work that trading dynamic out if you can, Pablo :cool:

Amen, as a miner of x11, and here in the south USA, it has been freaking HOT!!! But as a faithful miner for Dash, I have kept them on, even as at a loss. My last electricity bill last month, by the way, was almost 400 dollars. Normally around 280 for a month with these types of outside temperatures., I wish I was back in NY at these times.....

Back