• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The Rolling Thread :) (go to end for newest posts)

TanteStefana

Foundation Member
I don't know about you all, but I've gotten quite tired of all the trolls on BCT. I know we need to keep a presence there, it's the main outlet to the world, but the fact is, it's the funnest thread (when there aren't such nasties around) because all kinds of subjects, ideas, news, etc... come up naturally there and in a timely manner.

And here, at DASHtalk, everything is neatly put away, so you have to search for it. Everyone is lazy and wants to "shoot the sh*t", and of course great posts are always linked to the main BCT thread, so nothing will or should replace a well ordered forum. However, I think there is room for improvement by starting a rolling thread that rolls on and on, just like the one thread allotted us on BCT.

And for those of us that miss the camaraderie of that BCT thread but can't stand to go there anymore (or do, but don't like to hang out there like we used to) I propose this thread become our endless chatty thread.

If you guys don't like the idea, or if there is already such a thread, but I've totally missed it, please direct me, and I'll delete this :) Otherwise.... How 'bout them Dodgers?

So, my neighbor came over and was telling me about his credit card woes. A huge customer of his asked him to bill their credit card. Now he does something like 30-50 K + in business with them per month, and they're world-wide. The first month, the bank suddenly charged him over 5% fees, he called them up, and they said it was due to "increased risk". So while he was fighting that, he had another payment request, and they charged him over 8% fees! My mechanic gives us a 9% discount if we pay cash, so I'm guessing it's similar for him. Anyway, my neighbor switched banks I guess, but it wasn't the end. The next month, without charges, they assessed him a $1400 fee for some silliness (maybe because they decided the first 5% was too low, or maybe because he was questioning their service fees?) Anyway, you can see realistically, what banks do to small businesses. My neighbor, I know him, I HIGHLY doubt he ever had a bad spot on his record, ever! So this is how a bank treats a customer who had been banking with them for over 20 years, a small business that does very well.

If you don't think crypto currencies are going to make it main stream, you are sorely mistaken!

Even if a centralized party is needed to bridge between daily transfers of fiat to coin, if they keep their fees below 3%, they could make a fortune! I think it should be done below 1% though

So, my neighbor came over and was telling me about his credit card woes. A huge customer of his asked him to bill their credit card. Now he does something like 30-50 K + in business with them per month, and they're world-wide. The first month, the bank suddenly charged him over 5% fees, he called them up, and they said it was due to "increased risk". So while he was fighting that, he had another payment request, and they charged him over 8% fees! My mechanic gives us a 9% discount if we pay cash, so I'm guessing it's similar for him. Anyway, my neighbor switched banks I guess, but it wasn't the end. The next month, without charges, they assessed him a $1400 fee for some silliness (maybe because they decided the first 5% was too low, or maybe because he was questioning their service fees?) Anyway, you can see realistically, what banks do to small businesses. My neighbor, I know him, I HIGHLY doubt he ever had a bad spot on his record, ever! So this is how a bank treats a customer who had been banking with them for over 20 years, a small business that does very well.

If you don't think crypto currencies are going to make it main stream, you are sorely mistaken!

Even if a centralized party is needed to bridge between daily transfers of fiat to coin, if they keep their fees below 3%, they could make a fortune! I think it should be done below 1% though

I don't know about the situation around my area (for small companies and such) but the ridiculous thing about bank fees is when I order something that is priced in GBP I get charged 6% of the purchase price because of the simple conversion of Euro to GBP. All this inside the EU. Of course you are not aware of this until after you made a purchase. The funny thing is that when I pay something in USD I don't get charged anything extra. Complicated bank bullshit.

Awesome idea! I'm still addicted to watching the BCT thread (and the announcement forum in general) but it's way too noisy these days. Doesn't feel like the conversation goes anywhere except the three predefined themes the trolls have set on auto pilot lol.

Banks - I was talking with a buddy of mine the other day about them. We were commenting on how they're enjoying a role right now of being both the rule-makers and rule-enforcers. Specifically we were talking about overdraft fees, and the fact that the banks could order the debits made in such a way that it maximized the amount of overdraft fees. A series of charges could be flipped one way or another, resulting in one overdraft (for a large rent check), or 5 overdrafts (for day to day purchases).

Another thing - Western Union. My girlfriends mom sent her some cash the other day and I swear I looked at it in such a different way than I ever had. The last time I'd seen a Wire Transfer was about 10 years ago. When I was watching her try to cash it at the local grocery store it was like watching ancient history unfold before my eyes!

LOL, yup. It's kind of weird. I'm oldish now and really never felt moved to rebel.... well I felt angry about stuff, but hopeless, and certainly didn't feel like wasting my time. But this past year + with DRK/DASH, I feel like we have a real possibility to change the world, literally. And I can do it sitting on my @ss, LOL.

I don't know about the situation around my area (for small companies and such) but the ridiculous thing about bank fees is when I order something that is priced in GBP I get charged 6% of the purchase price because of the simple conversion of Euro to GBP. All this inside the EU. Of course you are not aware of this until after you made a purchase. The funny thing is that when I pay something in USD I don't get charged anything extra. Complicated bank bullshit.

Yup, When I get orders 3-4% of the payment goes to the credit card companies and another 2-3% goes to Paypal..... which is ridiculous and really adds up over times.

I think it'll probably hang around between 3 and 4 dollars for a while until we have more news on something. It might drop lower?? I don't know. Bitcoin is currently low as well (compared to last 2 weeks or so) I really wish I knew, because if I did, I'd buy low and sell high, LOL. As it is though, I've lost too many coins trying that, so I just hold mine, and sell when I need to pay bills.

I avoid reading over at BTC because each time I do some of my braincells commit suicide.

haha yeah I agree - watching the regulars argue with trolls ends up looking something like this:

Boxer-Punch-Himself-in-Head.gif

on a completely unrelated topic, any of you guys hear of The Grid (https://thegrid.io/)?

I signed up as a founding member months ago and am chomping at the bit to get my hands on it, couple more months and I'll have AI websites :grin:

on a completely unrelated topic, any of you guys hear of The Grid (https://thegrid.io/)?

I signed up as a founding member months ago and am chomping at the bit to get my hands on it, couple more months and I'll have AI websites :grin:
Nope, I've never heard of it and am getting 404 error, maybe they're working on it? What is it? Please enlighten us :)

I totally agree Crowning, but there is a lure to find out what's going on in the DASH world and you kind of get the overview, or at least, if something exciting happens, you can undoubtedly find out about it there. But I really don't like the forum, so I thought if we had a "one place where all the chat goes" location, it could take the BCT thread's place for those of us who can't stomach all the FUD, LOL.

Nope, I've never heard of it and am getting 404 error, maybe they're working on it? What is it? Please enlighten us :)

I totally agree Crowning, but there is a lure to find out what's going on in the DASH world and you kind of get the overview, or at least, if something exciting happens, you can undoubtedly find out about it there. But I really don't like the forum, so I thought if we had a "one place where all the chat goes" location, it could take the BCT thread's place for those of us who can't stomach all the FUD, LOL.

Ooops, the form didn't like me putting links in parenthesis -- here's a better copy: http://thegrid.io

The video does a pretty nice job of summarizing, but this interview is better:

edit: forum won't allow link to specific part of video, fast forward to 1h 16m 52s

Pretty cool stuff :smile:

great idea. I'd love to stop reading the BCT thread. At least 50% is ignored users at this point anyway.

Back