• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The Darkcoin Foundation Is Open for Business

A regular membership w/annual fees is a minimum of 10 Drk right? How much for lifetime membership? I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find it anywhere.

About 8 months ago I learned about something special, so special that I decided to actually attempt my hand at mining. The task was actually pretty easy and I was mining my first Darkcoin within a couple hours. I let it be for a while and after a few days I decided to check the stats. My return was pretty bad but I was just happy that I was able to do it, I was happy to be a part of something special.

For some reason I ended up getting locked out of my miner account. The reset option for this specific mining pool was broken and so for 3 days straight I was getting nonstop emails. My attempts to contact the pool admin were failures. I decided to take another route and so I wrote an email to the admin, again, this time the subject line contained some rather disturbing foul language, not that I wanted to personally attack the admin, I just wanted to get his attention. Anyways, long story short the email was noticed by the admin, because I got a rather quick response, and in that response was a chuckle (probably at the subject line content), a very sincere apology, and a request for my darkcoin address so that the admin could compensate me for what I thought was to be something rather annoying. A few minutes later I was sent 100 darkcoins. Hooray!!! I wanted to MINE some more! hahahah.
But the reality is the return on my mining was not enough, and so I gave it up, but I didn't give up on darkcoin.

I continued reading and pursuing this thing that I considered to be special. I was witnessing the growth, I was witnessing the future, I was excited to be witnessing all of it. I watched the price of darkcoin expload, and I watched the price of darkcoin settle back down to where it is now, and during all that time the one thing that really caught my attention was how hard the devs continued to work no matter what the price, or what the news would bring.

Fast forward to two weeks ago. I decided to bring myself and two business associates into a partnership. Officially we opened our first masternode and everything has been going very smoothly thus far.

Fast foward to 25 minutes ago. I decided to join the darkcoin foundation.

Everything I see here is amazing. Everything I see here is special. I want to be a part of something special and amazing.

As a great man we all know around here always says.

GET INTO THE DARK!

(sorry if any grammar or stuff like that just kinda of wrote it from the heart baby).

Everything I see here is amazing. Everything I see here is special. I want to be a part of something special and amazing.

GET INTO THE DARK!

The personal stories are the best!
Thnx for beeing with us mate :)

About 8 months ago I learned about something special, so special that I decided to actually attempt my hand at mining. The task was actually pretty easy and I was mining my first Darkcoin within a couple hours. I let it be for a while and after a few days I decided to check the stats. My return was pretty bad but I was just happy that I was able to do it, I was happy to be a part of something special.

For some reason I ended up getting locked out of my miner account. The reset option for this specific mining pool was broken and so for 3 days straight I was getting nonstop emails. My attempts to contact the pool admin were failures. I decided to take another route and so I wrote an email to the admin, again, this time the subject line contained some rather disturbing foul language, not that I wanted to personally attack the admin, I just wanted to get his attention. Anyways, long story short the email was noticed by the admin, because I got a rather quick response, and in that response was a chuckle (probably at the subject line content), a very sincere apology, and a request for my darkcoin address so that the admin could compensate me for what I thought was to be something rather annoying. A few minutes later I was sent 100 darkcoins. Hooray!!! I wanted to MINE some more! hahahah.
But the reality is the return on my mining was not enough, and so I gave it up, but I didn't give up on darkcoin.

I continued reading and pursuing this thing that I considered to be special. I was witnessing the growth, I was witnessing the future, I was excited to be witnessing all of it. I watched the price of darkcoin expload, and I watched the price of darkcoin settle back down to where it is now, and during all that time the one thing that really caught my attention was how hard the devs continued to work no matter what the price, or what the news would bring.

Fast forward to two weeks ago. I decided to bring myself and two business associates into a partnership. Officially we opened our first masternode and everything has been going very smoothly thus far.

Fast foward to 25 minutes ago. I decided to join the darkcoin foundation.

As a great man we all know around here always says.

GET INTO THE DARK!

(sorry if any grammar or stuff like that just kinda of wrote it from the heart baby).
Mate your story rings true with a lot of people here I'm sure, it certainly does with me.

I got into Crypto mining VTC and FTC, was hanging around the Polo Trollbox learning as much as I could (not that the polo trollbox is a good place to learn) and every time I asked people about good long holds DRK kept popping up on people's recommendations.

I had a go at mining it then stopped when the returns were so bad. I couldn't ignore how much volume there was on Cryptsy, even though it was so unprofitable to mine the volume was insane, so I took a closer look.

I sat down and decided to read the ANN from cover to cover and what I noticed was a project run like a well oiled machine. No fake promises, no bla bla, just hard work and delivery.

The rest is history, apart from a bit of BTC and Gold I'm pretty much all-in, been around long enough to spot good talent...

My dear Foundation friends, I would like to express my gratitude for the decision to set the bar for annual foundation membership at 10.0 DRK. While I expect and hope that three years (or less) from now, that may represent over $1000.00, at this point it is quite reasonable. I have been struggling to get together funds to acquire a couple of 0.1 masternode shares and felt that while I would love to support the Development of DRK, I would be limited to expressing my somewhat rambling ideas here in the forum. The fact that a voting membership at this critical time in DRK's development is made so available, speaks well to wisdom the team, and their recognition that wisdom and riches do not always walk together.

I would have loved to have been able to get a lifetime membership, but am thrilled to be, for at least the next year, be a voting member in such an epic endeavor. It is my sincere expectation (hope?) that I will not be able to afford such a privilege next year, unless the annual cost is significantly reduced.

I would also like to thank Minotaur26, who gifted me with 10 DRK back in September when I first became vocal on BTC, after lurking for many months. That initial gift allowed me to experience, hands on, the potency of the DRK technology, and even though someone jokingly threatened to kill me if I ever spent those coins, today I joyfully sent them to throw my lot in with the Foundation.

This is an incredibly diverse and gifted group of individuals. I do not know what this next year has in store for DRK, its foundation members, or myself, but it is an honor to be able to walk with you for as long as I am able, and to provide what limited support I can.

Hi, I want work for the Darkcoin Foundation.
I'm Italian and I'm a lawyer.
Please give me more information, thanks.

My dear Foundation friends, I would like to express my gratitude for the decision to set the bar for annual foundation membership at 10.0 DRK. While I expect and hope that three years (or less) from now, that may represent over $1000.00, at this point it is quite reasonable. I have been struggling to get together funds to acquire a couple of 0.1 masternode shares and felt that while I would love to support the Development of DRK, I would be limited to expressing my somewhat rambling ideas here in the forum. The fact that a voting membership at this critical time in DRK's development is made so available, speaks well to wisdom the team, and their recognition that wisdom and riches do not always walk together.

I would have loved to have been able to get a lifetime membership, but am thrilled to be, for at least the next year, be a voting member in such an epic endeavor. It is my sincere expectation (hope?) that I will not be able to afford such a privilege next year, unless the annual cost is significantly reduced.

I would also like to thank Minotaur26, who gifted me with 10 DRK back in September when I first became vocal on BTC, after lurking for many months. That initial gift allowed me to experience, hands on, the potency of the DRK technology, and even though someone jokingly threatened to kill me if I ever spent those coins, today I joyfully sent them to throw my lot in with the Foundation.

This is an incredibly diverse and gifted group of individuals. I do not know what this next year has in store for DRK, its foundation members, or myself, but it is an honor to be able to walk with you for as long as I am able, and to provide what limited support I can.
The honor is ours. Seeing that you trust us and let us represent the foundation is humbling.

Btw, I also hope that next year 10 DRK will be a crazy amount. If that happened, don't worry, we'll do something about it :)

Hi, I want work for the Darkcoin Foundation.
I'm Italian and I'm a lawyer.
Please give me more information, thanks.
Right now, the foundation does not have enough funds to hire anybody. The people you see with the Darkcoin Foundation Member badge are the supporters whose fees are the only funds the foundation has. There are also five board members (I'm one) with a 2 year mandate. None of us get paid. After that, there will be elections. You can see more in the bylaws (https://www.darkcoinfoundation.org/about/bylaws/).

In the meantime, the foundation will support the community in as many ways as possible so they can keep doing things for Darkcoin. If you want to help Darkcoin I would suggest to start in this same forum. Join others in any of the projects that are taking place or start something and ask for help (or not!)

Back