• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The Community could help me run the Half Marathon of Argentina through campaign donations?

mateus1986

Hello.
My name is Matthew, I'm a Brazilian athlete. I wonder if I can count on the community for donations for me to run the marathon Agentina half in 2017.

I can run with the organization's shirt (I myself do I send the shirt), and post pictures with the logo on each training day in miha social network. My instagram is: @mateusmourams
I can also post the #DashTalk hastag in each publication my. (For each workout, do a publication). This Hastag can start posting from the time the campaign started.

I have not created the portfolio. But if anyone support this create posting to initiate. Before you create also do a budget total: Passage (Brazil - Argentina) + race + Description hosting to know all I need in Dash according to its variation. Could someone help me or give more ideas? I also divlgar photos from training and new here in this post, including the amount that has been collected so far and how much still needed.

If you join the campaign can advertise Dash Talk community as my official sponsor in different ways. I accept suggestions !!!

I also plan to ask for the help of my friends and family through donations Dash and keep them always informed.

Attachments

• mateus1.jpg
    mateus1.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 115
  • mateus2.jpg
    mateus2.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 104
  • mateus3.jpg
    mateus3.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 109
  • mateus4.jpg
    mateus4.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 106
I could see me vote yes for a proposal to support this. Largely depending on the amount required.

This.

How much do we need to collectively donate? Cause we could easily just set aside a fund each month for charitable donations that Dash collectively wants to donate to...

This.

How much do we need to collectively donate? Cause we could easily just set as
hello , welcome to Dash amigo . Are you Mateus from Dash Brazil on Telegram ?
I like the idea .
Last year , the community sponsored a Tennis Competition in Brazil :
https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-on-the-aquidaba-tennis-open.5424/
I could see me vote yes for a proposal to support this. Largely depending on the amount required.
ide a fund each month for charitable donations that Dash collectively wants to donate to...

I will do the following:

I'll find out the fare, lodging and registration of the race. So I put the value here with the papers that prove the value of each.

For collaboration campaign will need the ticket round trip (Brazil - Argentina), registration and two hotel nights. I'll start looking for a cheap hotel today.

The shirt I can definitely do with their own resources. But I will ask help from you to the idea of art shirt. It can be a shirt that spread the Dash and also DashTalk community.

Total value of the ticket: $ 400.00 (Rio de Janeiro to Buenos Aires)
Airline GOL

total price of accommodation: $ 150.00
(Gran Hotel Argentino)

Total: $ 620.00.

The heavier for me is the price of the ticket. So if the community contribute only with the passage, I would have very happy !!

That's great! Thank you, mateus1986 for requesting support from the DASH community.

As I have already said many times before, IMO, our community must promote DASH in as many local sport events as possible: selecting and giving support to talented athletes is a great way to do it:
(...)
Athletes sponsorship
Maybe better than the sponsorship of specific events, the sponsorship of good young and talented athletes seem to be a very important step towards the successful marketing of the DASH brand. Better yet if DASH does it in different parts of the world, with different sports modalities.

A young, but talented, well selected athlete will not demand high expenses. In return the brand “DASH” will be visible, with the logo exposed in competitions, trainings, TV exhibitions, etc.

Good for you that you have found us ;)

Asking for member donations is fine, but might not be the most efficient way to do it: What I advise you is that you submit a budget proposal, requesting that DASH funds you with the necessary amounts to cover your expenses (or part of it).

For the budget proposal it is necessary that you bring all the info that you might believe is relevant for the community of voters to consider accepting it, because, of course, you will need a minimum amount of votes in favour.

The minimum info I believe you should bring to your proposal is, apart from detailed estimated budget of the expenses, is info about yourself as an athete, your background, as well as on how DASH would benefit from it, how the brand would be promoted during the event, etc.

But, don't worry on how to "officially" submit a proposal for now. At first, focus on building a pre-proposal thread here and answer all the many questions that the community will pose to you (believe me, if everything is normal, there will be many, and that's a good sign). Also, many good suggestions will be brough from the community... keep track of the good sugestions, and feel confortable with everything before starting "the real thing".

Success!

Ten people collaborate with $ 40.00 now can buy the ticket and my participation will be ensured. For other expenses I mentioned can pay with their own resources.

I am intrigued by this proposal.

How big and where would the logo be?

Also would be rude to ask where you ended in your the last few races?

Would you be providing training updates such as ummm your training methods? geez I know nothing about marathons.

I am intrigued by this proposal.

How big and where would the logo be?

Also would be rude to ask where you ended in your the last few races?

Would you be providing training updates such as ummm your training methods? geez I know nothing about marathons.
Hello.
The logo would be on my shirt (one chest in large size and a smaller on each shoulder along with the flag of Brazil). Back can put the address of the site or the site www.dash.org Dash Talk.
. I am not an elite athlete and so the chance to win the race really is remote. Your question was not rude. And I appreciate you asking. I will explain how I think the community can benefit from:

My proposal is not to give visibility to the Dash only on race day.

My idea is to train 6 times a week and each workout, post a thanks to the Dash on social networks along with the photo of each training (wearing the shirt). In this appreciation can disclose the Dash site and this community.
I could get such disclosure in September of this year for example, and I'm trying to capture the resource to go in September 2017. (In case a year of release.) During this year, I can run other running events (one or two per month) wearing the shirt and Dash always touting the company as my sole sponsor. This would increase her visibility in my state (Minas Gerais, Brazil), and also across the street racers community, as many follow me on Instagram and Facebook because I always post pictures from training).

I also post on my social networks, individual advertisements Dash, plus the appreciation in each workout.

I'm open to other forms of idea spreading beyond the shirt and daily photos on social networks and communities of street racers in Brazil.

Do you own a gopro and can you film this run step by step? That is a HUGE factor here.

IMO.

I do not have a GoPro ... :( But everyone can follow the training through the photos shot with the Nike + Running program.

A GoPro costs exactly the value that preiso to pay the ticket. :(
If I had a record would be an honor! Even for a souvenir for me ..

tungfa - how do you think - is it possible for Dash to receive some PR as return from this action? (Publish article + photos on any news site and so on...)

hey guys
this reminds me of Raganius and his tennis tournament
I think thinks like this work , on a grassroots scale , dash logo on shirt , people will ask him 'what is that' , 'who sponsored you' and so on ... the logo will pop up in some local papers and whoever along the route of that marathon is into crypto will definately be impressed (Dash logo running by)
we would use any pics or whatever in out social media outlets .

this would not be a "huge" international PR run obviously , and that is fine in my opinion, grassroots works great for this

it comes down to Mateus to document as good as he can , GoPro might be a bit too much (who will watch a bumpy 3 hour run) but good photos , a written story , personal writing , and some documentation for supporters would do the trick , same as Raganius did with his tennis tournament , ... as long as you send us pics , videos , written story ... we can build PR around it

as said before , it comes down to $$ and the amount + the budgets are filling up fast ,
I am all for it and think it is a great idea !
(as long as not too expensive)

Back