• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Satoshi Round Table

tungfa

This seems to be the guy on Twitter https://twitter.com/derosetech

He is followed by Antonopolous, Tuur Deemester, Roger Ver, Brock Pierce, Daily Decrypt and even our dev fernando and a bunch of other folks. Why do all these people follow him if he has such a bad rep? I think it's better to engage than to avoid. Doesn't exactly help avoiding them while fluffy is making his case. If Dash can get some coverage by using these guys why not do it.
I follow and unfollow new people regularly in Twitter. His name is familiar, but tbh I don't remember why I followed him. However, trolling on our people with things like the color of their hair seems like a good reason to unfollow :smile:

Regarding engaging or not, that is not for us to decide. Evan and Daniel are there on a mission, establish certain relations. If they feel they want/don't want to engage them, let them make that decision. We don't know what is the mood over there or how hostile people are. It sounds great to say that they should sit down with these people and shut them up with arguments, but that could go any other way too. If Evan and/or Daniel go and they start giving valid arguments, they would probably be overtalked by many people discussing them at the same time. They would try to make them lose their temper until they simply walk away. And then you have given them exactly the video they want. Evan walking away. It is very easy to say what they should do while we are all sitting comfortably very far away, but this is a decision to be made by those in the field.

I follow and unfollow new people regularly in Twitter. His name is familiar, but tbh I don't remember why I followed him. However, trolling on our people with things like the color of their hair seems like a good reason to unfollow :smile:

Regarding engaging or not, that is not for us to decide. Evan and Daniel are there on a mission, establish certain relations. If they feel they want/don't want to engage them, let them make that decision. We don't know what is the mood over there or how hostile people are. It sounds great to say that they should sit down with these people and shut them up with arguments, but that could go any other way too. If Evan and/or Daniel go and they start giving valid arguments, they would probably be overtalked by many people discussing them at the same time. They would try to make them lose their temper until they simply walk away. And then you have given them exactly the video they want. Evan walking away. It is very easy to say what they should do while we are all sitting comfortably very far away, but this is a decision to be made by those in the field.

It wasn't him the one who made the ginger comment but someone there sitting on the side who doesn't even show his face in the video. It wasn't the guy you are following.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sincerely hope he doesn't stay away because media coverage is good especially after that nasty attack. Why not go and present your side of the story?

This.

You know whoa a reporter calls the subject of an article after they write it? To give them a fair chance for a rebuttal? Thats where Evan's mind needs to be, in fuck you our coin is better land if Monero wants to play this crap.

Just for the record, I suggested Daniel or Evan livesream this weeks ago. looks like someone else had the same idea in the monero group... If we would have done something like this even just some phone videos, we could have grabbed this traction without being dicks like these guys are.

And their video quality is crap. Couldn't even bare to watch the whole thing.

I only see some clueless spoiled brats bragging about something on a private event like kids doing something they're not supposed to do...

The joke is on them :rolleyes:

If this goes really viral they just shot themselves in the foot :grin:

Lol. You guys are whiny. Evan could have come on yesterday or at tnabc. He wont do it because our questions are good and he knows it.

Lol. You guys are whiny. Evan could have come on yesterday or at tnabc. He wont do it because our questions are good and he knows it.

why is it that trolls always think their troll questions are sooo good and clever, while the rest of us see them coming a mile away?

i sometimes think trolls live in their own little world, totally seperated from the real world.

i think you got lost
what r you doing here

do not be so full of yourself,
i met enough others in TNABC who avoided you like the plague

tungfa, many people avoid us :). You can too. And i don't care if I'm relevant. But I will say, avoiding interviews is a pretty good sign that you have something to hide. In any case people listen to the show because it is funny. You can avoid it if you want to, but you're missing out.

tungfa, many people avoid us :). You can too. And i don't care if I'm relevant. But I will say, avoiding interviews is a pretty good sign that you have something to hide. In any case people listen to the show because it is funny. You can avoid it if you want to, but you're missing out.

Or maybe you just don't want to waste time on funny things...? :rolleyes:

I listen to some stand up comedy from time to time... is that relevant...?

did you learn this in journalism school ?
or are you going 'trump' style on us ?

you and your pack of bullies is so dam unprofessional, nobody in their right mind would sit down with you.
pathetic, i am not sure how you got into this event but you and the organisers should be ashamed of themselves !
teaming up with fluffyp to spread your 'M' shit, man man, how low can you sink
good luck sinking even further and taking your whole community with you
(what comes around goes around)

tungfa

Sometimes I think you have anger issues. Why react so strongly every time?

These guys have interviewed a bunch of high profile guys like Adam Back and others https://twitter.com/adam3us/status/692126244071149568 Even in this Round Table interview, Roger Ver, Charles Lee were some of their guests. It's not like no one will take them up on their offer.

Also, they didn't have good things to say about Monero in their previous Monero video. Last one looked bit soft on Monero but I guess that was because it was an actual in person interview, not them talking about some random project.

tungfa

Sometimes I think you have anger issues. Why react so strongly every time?

These guys have interviewed a bunch of high profile guys like Adam Back and others https://twitter.com/adam3us/status/692126244071149568 Even in this Round Table interview, Roger Ver, Charles Lee were some of their guests. It's not like no one will take them up on their offer.

Also, they didn't have good things to say about Monero in their previous Monero video. Last one looked bit soft on Monero but I guess that was because it was an actual in person interview, not them talking about some random project.

maybe you should have a look around BCT to see who is affiliated with what to judge my 'anger issues' :what:

InTheWoods, thank you for the props. The reason the Monero video is placid is because while we are not lovers of Monero, FluffyPony is a very nice guy. He's incredibly knowledgeable, and he doesn't pump his coin. Members of his community often do. But he is very unequivocal about telling people to not put money into it. If you watch the last interview, he agrees with almost every concern we have with Monero. And at the end of this one, he says not to buy it. He's incredibly competent, and really views his project as more of an experiment than anything else. They have almost no nodes, are barely a coin with any claim toward decentralization, and he will full on admit it. That is not, as I understand it, tungfa's position. From Dash, I have heard nothing but pumpity pump pump. And we have all sorts of big questions about Dash, like the possibility (and very likely reality) that your master nodes are easily Sybil attacked, which is a problem since you divert rewards toward the operators of those nodes. Maybe that's a stupid question to ask, but we can't exactly get answers if you refuse to come on. You can call my band of merry men a bunch of thugs. But your blockchain hired a PR company, and purchased access to the Satoshi Roundtable through it, which should worry anyone as much as Ripple's propensity to go after its critics with lawyers. If your blockchain can hire a PR company, your claims of decentralization are, at least on their face, a pretty laughable claim. What's next? Dash votes to hire a law firm to ensure that anyone who says something incorrect about the protocol gets sued? What about your claims of fungibility when your chain has no entropy? What about the insta/pre-mine? These are questions that others have asked us to ask about, and I'm sure you have stock answers for each of them. We will listen to your stock answer and push you a bit on them. That's what we do. But, I mean, surely you can understand mine and other's skepticism of your blockchain. You can characterize my interviews in any way you want. But you will find it hard to show me examples where I was not fair to the interviewee. We treat everyone the same. We ask questions that haven't been asked before... at least that's our goal. We don't always succeed, but often we do. So you can either look a little bit sheepish and stupid in front of your own community, or you can decide to come on and endure difficult questions. That's on you. But we have given you an open invitation to be on.

Back