• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Receive & send tips in Dash ― Tipmedash.com

Gass

Only one click needed

Screenshot 2021-07-23 212034.png

Keep track of your tips

Screenshot 2021-07-23 211647.png

Not only for people who need/want support

Tippers make points when supporting other users never tipped by them before. The site allows to send private and public messages only when tipping. Having a page as a tipper can allow the recipient to send a tip back in case they would like to go beyond the praise button and send a message. Also, users who have received tips sometimes want to know more about their supporters.

Point system

The points work as a mesh, once the link between two users exist back and forth the link is sealed, meaning those two users can no longer make points by tipping each other. Mesh points are a way to encourage tipping users never tipped before.

A user with a significant amount of points can mean different things:

- A photographer/developer/blogger/youtuber/artist/influencer/etc.. worth checking out.
- Good tipper/supporter
- How active has a user been on the site.
- How linked in is a user on the TMD mesh.

Last edited:
So, the expectation is the forum user keeps their tipme address in the footer of their posts so we can tip them, otherwise how can I find that user?

So, the expectation is the forum user keeps their tipme address in the footer of their posts so we can tip them, otherwise how can I find that user?

That's one way of using your TMD link. You can share it wherever in whatever way you'd like. It's similar to Buy me a coffee but made to work with Dash.

Let's say you have a blog, and you write a post or a tutorial that helps people, you can add your TMD link there, so users can tip you some Dash if they feel like it.

Now, there are just a few people registered so you can find most users on the leaderboard and on the recently registered list on the bottom of the home page. But for the moment there is no system implemented to find users. Consider that the site it's in a early stage, if it takes off it will be continuously improved by me and whoever would like to collaborate. A system to find users can be implemented. I'm also thinking on adding a section to the home page to show random profiles of users, where the more points you have the more probabilities you have to be exposed.

Last edited:
well I suppose I see how it works, couple of things though, there is no authentication, if I rely on being able to search someone on the site to tip them, how do I know they are the real person they claim to be? I just sent someone that looks like you a tip, but I have no idea if it really is you and you don't leave your address in the footer of your posts, so I just guess. Maybe it is a fake?

Also, I like to use desktop wallet mostly, but I only see QR code for mobile wallet, so how to pay with desktop wallet?

there is no authentication, if I rely on being able to search someone on the site to tip them, how do I know they are the real person they claim to be? I just sent someone that looks like you a tip, but I have no idea if it really is you and you don't leave your address in the footer of your posts, so I just guess. Maybe it is a fake?

Well, the site is not meant to be used that way. Most of the people are going to land on the users page from a link they shared somewhere. Like the PayPal or Patreon donation systems.

The main idea to expose profiles on the home page is to give it a community feel where people can explore other content creators. They can navigate through their shared links and eventually will know if their TMD page is fake or not, because they will see the link on videos/blogs/profiles/etc.. of that user.

Regardless it's a suggestion worth keeping in mind.
Also, I like to use desktop wallet mostly, but I only see QR code for mobile wallet, so how to pay with desktop wallet?

This will be implemented.

Last edited:
Sorry guys for not been active for a while, I have been super busy with my job.

I took the website down due to costs. Donations were not enough to pay them.

But I'm open for ideas. I can still activate the site and keep improving it, but I would need more support from the community.

I will be attentive to the forum, in case someone wants to reach me.

Last edited:

But I'm open for ideas. I can still activate the site and keep improving it, but I would need more support from the community.

What costs, I didn't imagine it very intensive / involved?

1) You can ask some dash from the budget for the hosting of timedash.com, as @xkcd and I did for mnowatch.org. -- > Proposal "mnowatch-hosting-2023" - DashCentral.org

2) You can also ask some money for the job you have already done, as @blockchaintech did ---> Proposal "SCC-ATM-exchange" - DashCentral.org

3) In case you dont know how much your job worths, or in case you dont want to say it, you may first ask the masternodes to vote the numbers about it ( look also at "Vote The Numbers (mnowatch.org)" --- page under construction, not ready yet). When the number is defined/voted you may then ask again the masternodes for the final yes/no on the specific number, and get paid from the budget.

4) Finnaly in case the MNOs refuse to pay you the hosting fees or pay you for the already done job, you could host timedash.com code in mnowatch.org, provided that @xkcd also agrees with it.

Last edited:
Yeah, give us a summary of costs and link to Github, it is OSS, right? Then we can help you with next steps.

Thanks everyone for the messages ;) I was not expecting it.

What costs, I didn't imagine it very intensive / involved?

I was paying Laravel Forge for deployment purposes. I've also been paying the domain name and I don't remember if I was paying other stuff.. But it was around 20 usd per month (total costs)

1) You can ask some dash from the budget for the hosting of timedash.com, as @xkcd and I did for mnowatch.org. -- > Proposal "mnowatch-hosting-2023" - DashCentral.org

2) You can also ask some money for the job you have already done, as @blockchaintech did ---> Proposal "SCC-ATM-exchange" - DashCentral.org

3) In case you dont know how much your job worths, or in case you dont want to say it, you may first ask the masternodes to vote the numbers about it ( look also at "Vote The Numbers (mnowatch.org)" --- page under construction, not ready yet). When the number is defined/voted you may then ask again the masternodes for the final yes/no on the specific number, and get paid from the budget.

4) Finnaly in case the MNOs refuse to pay you the hosting fees or pay you for the already done job, you could host timedash.com code in mnowatch.org, provided that @xkcd also agrees with it.

I will take a look

Yeah, give us a summary of costs and link to Github, it is OSS, right? Then we can help you with next steps.

Yes it is completely OSS, I have no other intentions with it. Find the link in my signature

I was paying Laravel Forge for deployment purposes. I've also been paying the domain name and I don't remember if I was paying other stuff.. But it was around 20 usd per month (total costs)

You can put a proposal in the DAO for 0.5 Dash or 1 Dash per month for say 12 months and say you will continue to host the site and make some small updates, feature requests and if it passes put the site back up again. It will cost 1 Dash to submit the proposal, alternatively, you can create a concept on the incubator to have them support your efforts with hosting this and building upon it.. Not only that, it would be a good idea to see if there is anything else you can help with on the incubator. We have a bunch of ad-hoc projects going on. Check the reddit for some updates about the Dash Incubator.

I will create a proposal but I want to risk as less as possible. I mean, I don't want to loose 1 dash.
Does it make sense to create the proposal in the forum and see the reaction from the community ? And to polish it as well. And where would I do that ?
I'm thinking about creating a proposal not for 1 dash / month, but for around 5 dash / month and this would translate into continues improvement and maintenance.

I will create a proposal but I want to risk as less as possible. I mean, I don't want to loose 1 dash.
Does it make sense to create the proposal in the forum and see the reaction from the community ? And to polish it as well. And where would I do that ?
I'm thinking about creating a proposal not for 1 dash / month, but for around 5 dash / month and this would translate into continues improvement and maintenance.
There is a pre-proposals area over here: https://www.dash.org/forum/index.php?forums/new-budget-proposal-discussions.93/

You can try it :)

Back