• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Rebranding Followup

This logo is really cool. Forget dash as the brand name. Just D is great!

This is what we need

D : Digital Cash XDD
XDD ticker symbol

The XDD is an OPEN ticker and currency symbol that can be merged into mainstream usage
(at least from what I can find)

X = Xcoin
D = Darkcoin
D = Digitial Cash

Long live the D !!!
Long live Digital Cash !!!

This is what we need

D : Digital Cash XDD
XDD ticker symbol

The XDD is an OPEN ticker and currency symbol that can be merged into mainstream usage
(at least from what I can find)

X = Xcoin
D = Darkcoin
D = Digitial Cash

Long live the D !!!
Long live Digital Cash !!!

I like it ( but it is clear that the communities voice and opinion doesn't matter)

I9mWsm4.png

Some words created for you.
If you don't like them, try again!

The Word Mixer has spoken!
But only you can judge if it has spoken well.
You posted these words to the form for Naque to mix and match for you.
  • digital
  • cash
  • dark
  • coin
  • x11
Through some magic hand waving, here are your Word-Mixed results. A whole bunch of new unique words (or unique names) that you can use! If you like what you see, you owe us a post in the Naque Forum!

Two Syllables
Three Syllables

1. ashgit
  2. arkdi
  3. diin
  4. coinash
  5. daark
  6. aldig
  7. coinark
  8. coal
  9. digca
  10. digal
  11. coinal
  12. coial
  13. dartal
  14. dardar
  15. dital
  16. darash
  17. casgi
  18. darktal
  19. coica
  20. taig
  21. ashoi
  1. dagitark
  2. caitark
  3. asitoi
  4. arkdarkgit
  5. aldicas
  6. gidarkdark
  7. digasark
  8. inashgit
  9. coigitin
  10. dargitin
  11. darkittal
  12. cashdiar
  13. darkigal
  14. coinarash
  15. coitain
  16. coinitin
  17. coingiash
  18. dargiark
  19. darigca
  20. cashastal
  21. codigit
  22. daaral
  23. casigark
  24. astaoi
  25. casoiark

Dash transactions powered by a darkcore
I wouldn't call my reaction knee-jerk but rather just a genuine disapproval of how this entire scenario was handled. First of all, where is a genuine vote that the majority of stakeholders want to have a name-change? Then we could actually move on and discuss a name change officially. Instead, you hear from all kinds of different sources what is happening and this is very chaotic and doesn't help to find out what actually happened when you only have a few minutes per day to check the crypto-space, its outright wrong to pursue a discussion when all you hear from the official channel is that it has been discussed (I think yidakee already voiced his concern about this) and I for one, do not have the time for such drama and therefore stick to the roots of my own love that I share for cryptocurrencies and their democratic, decentralized and fair nature :)

Anything else is a waste of time :) Abuse of Power happens once, it happens ALL the time, history always repeats itself with power-hungry people!

All the best,
Vya
I agree, this is a subversion of power, the Masternode holders were never consulted, they are the backbone of Darkcoin, it should be put to a vote, 1 darkcoin per masternode and let the community decide in a fair way.

Dash transactions powered by a darkcore

I agree, this is a subversion of power, the Masternode holders were never consulted, they are the backbone of Darkcoin, it should be put to a vote, 1 darkcoin per masternode and let the community decide in a fair way.
How was it unfair? Are you saying unfair simply because you are late to the change discussion or unfair because you can prove something?

dash.png
news318_1_tn_big.jpg

Dash in the middle is indeed a touch of genius. While I still dislike the word, I fell in love with this graph :)

Alas, I would not jump that fast on the "Digital Cash" train as something special. At least 90% - 95% of the fiat money in the world is digital cash, if one measures M1, M2, M3. Check out:
http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/h6/about.htm and if we'd ponder the "value" of derivatives in the world, as published by the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) @ http://www.bis.org/statistics/derstats.htm we'd see a staggering number of $691 TRILLIONS in mostly "digital cash" or at least its derivatives presented in US dollars, which dwarfs any "real" paper money or coinage.

So, "digital cash" is nothing new or special and could be mocked like in, these weirdos are inventing the wheel and have no clue what they are talking about.

Darkcoin is the "privacy centric cryptographic currency" as eduffield has written in his original White Paper.

dash.png
news318_1_tn_big.jpg

Dash in the middle is indeed a touch of genius. While I still dislike the word, I fell in love with this graph :)

Alas, I would not jump that fast on the "Digital Cash" train as something special. At least 90% - 95% of the fiat money in the world is digital cash, if one measures M1, M2, M3. Check out:
http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/h6/about.htm and if we'd ponder the "value" of derivatives in the world, as published by the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) @ http://www.bis.org/statistics/derstats.htm we'd see a staggering number of $691 TRILLIONS in mostly "digital cash" or at least its derivatives presented in US dollars, which dwarfs any "real" paper money or coinage.

So, "digital cash" is nothing new or special and could be mocked like in, these weirdos are inventing the wheel and have no clue what they are talking about.

Darkcoin is the "privacy centric cryptographic currency" as eduffield has written in his original White Paper.

the average person doesn't know what a derivative is and had no contact with digital cash yet. I think it would be easier to explain to people than bitcoin which is quite hard sometimes... 'Dash?...it's digital cash...'

How was it unfair? Are you saying unfair simply because you are late to the change discussion or unfair because you can prove something?
With respect I am not late at all, I've been a member of Darkcointalk for a year since it began.
But my point is, there are over 2300 masternode holders that have invested a considerable amount of money into this and none of them have been consulted. Its been decided behind our backs and then just put out there. This is tending towards a centralized power base in my opinion and wont stop here.

At this point I'd take anything but DASH

We need not a terrorist group name

While I appreciate your passion or whatever it is re: DASH but you might consider toning down that nonsense of a "terrorist group name". We had enough of terrorist bullshit all over the political scenery that costs us lives and treasure every freaking day.

Digital cash = Dash
Flappycoin = Flash
Bitcoin = Bash
Litecoin = Lash
Peercoin = Pash

This is what I was saying earlier. At first it's sort of blah. Then you think about it, and the more you think about it, the more sense it makes.

Digital Cash
Implies speed (InstantX)
Easy to say & remember
Innocuous enough for mainstreaming

Apple Pay, Mega, Square, Yelp, Nest, Uber - huge brands with boring names. I'll say it again, sentimentality is getting in the way of good sense here.

I think InstantX would make a better brand name than Dash. The payment system could be called InstanX just like Visa or MasterCard and the units could be called dashes instead of dollars.

Back