• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Rebranding Followup

umm crazy idea. Keep darkcoin and launch dash as a new coin. Use darkcoin for first release of new features and for its privacy first cred and feed that innovation into dash.

umm crazy idea. Keep darkcoin and launch dash as a new coin. Use darkcoin for first release of new features and for its privacy first cred and feed that innovation into dash.
Out of the box, I like it. Side chains with a darkcore anyone?

More than anything else right now we need a CLEAR statement from Evan or another core team member as to how this process will proceed.

People posting this or that idea in a chaotic fashion over 2 forums mixed in with heavy trolling (on BCT) is only breeding more uncertainty.

We need a clear plan with dates on when decisions will be made along with who will be making the decisions as well as a clear statement on the role of the community in this process.

And now IMHO rebranding decision must be made asap to give market the certainty about DRK.

No, no rushing here. Take the time to do it right. If the price falls to a dollar so be it. Let that be a lesson to the Darkcoin Foundation board members for making closed room decisions. The people who are dumping are the very ones who used to support the coin, but now see they have absolutely no control over the situation. This is the root of the uncertainty. We need to have a voting process to restore the sense of community. The masternodes are the perfect proxy for this.

Last edited by a moderator:

And dangerous idea also. Looks like a scam with Darkcoin and premine with DASH. Perfect present for enemy trolls.

eduffield As much as I would hate to see "Darkcoin" go, I would have to agree. I am a partner in a growing ecommerce business, and we are in the early stages of an exclusive cryptocurrency concept. We will, of course, be accepting Bitcoin, but were hesitant to accept Darkcoin for exactly the reasons you bring up. I'm anxious to see where this goes and hope this will be put to an open vote by the foundation members.

I thought Darkcoin had the cool factor over Bitcoin but in the mainstream world Bitcoin seems stronger than Dash (and cooler).
Loved the reaction of the people when they asked me what Darkcoin was. Going to miss that!

I just had a thought, I hope eduffield fernando tungfa TaoOfSatoshi have a chance to read and cast their opinion, and everyone else of course,

Like crypto's defy all known logic in classic finances, I propose a very slight defiance to the classic rebranding philosophy. Lets keep the wonderful logo and call it DASH or whaver. Every other single aspect of the rebrand (forum, main website, twitter, email accounts, foundation, facebook, etc etc oh yeah, and the code for release too!) follows the professional advice of said PR company.

Tkx7f9T.png

DASH, Ding-Dong, whatever, hopefully starting with D for my idea of course...

That would

a) Keep the spirit of Darkcoin alive
b) Send a clear message to the crypto community, just like OpenBazaar did, of the mission statement actually having strong morals behind it, so much so it's community is willing to have a name change.
c) Massively simply transition, one huge less headache and man hours to deal with (the logo and lettering style)
d) 98,37% of the world population still has no clue about BTC anyway, and the re-brand with this amazing team, would kick some serious butt in the VC field, with an honest face, in all directions

Last edited by a moderator:
I just had a thought, I hope eduffield has a chance to read.

Like crypto's defy all known logic in classic finances, I propose a very slight defiance to the classic rebranding philosophy. Lets keep the wonderful logo and call it DASH or whaver. Every other single aspect of the rebrand (forum, main website, twitter, email accounts, foundation, facebook, oh yeah, and the code for release too!) follows the professional advice of said PR company.

Tkx7f9T.png

DASH, Ding-Dong, whatever, hopefully starting with D for my idea of course...

That would

a) Keep the spirit of Darkcoin alive
b) Send a clear message to the crypto community, just like OpenBazaar did, of the mission statement actually having strong morals behind it, so much so it's community is willing to have a name change.
c) 98,37% of the world population still has no clue about BTC anyway, and the re-brand with this amazing team, would kick some serious but in the VC field.

It's actually how companies update their logos in order to avoid confusion faced with something totally different. In a series of steps you change a logo until you reach the level of "newness" you want/need.

I'd definately say keep the D.

A lot of people dissing the name - DASH is good it just needs getting used to. If someone in the street says 'whats Dash?' and someone says 'digital cash' they go 'oh yeh'. you have to think ahead with it :)

Change is never easy, even when it's for the best.

Don't loose focus Evan (and team), this too shall pass :wink:

will that be cash, dash, or CC? asked the cashier.

digital cash. keep the D. most google searches are dash-cam stuff.. so SEO will not be very hard to overcome.

The more I think about it.. the more I like it. (the name change.)

also the masternode voting is good to.. each MN gets one vote.

will that be cash, dash, or CC? asked the cashier.

digital cash. keep the D. most google searches are dash-cam stuff.. so SEO will not be very hard to overcome.

The more I think about it.. the more I like it. (the name change.)

also the masternode voting is good to.. each MN gets one vote.

masternode voting? I totally missed on that. What's the premisse?

DASH. It's Digital Cash! The cool thing about it too is that it can be used as a verb:

I'm out of money, can you DASH me some?

I'm working on hashtag, I like this one:

#DashIntoDigitalCash

Any other ideas?

masternode voting? I totally missed on that. What's the premisse?

I just remember seeing it.. here is a snippet from page 7
. Then let each masternode take a vote. A masternode can send 1 DRK to one of 3 addresses each representing a candidate. Any transaction noise at the receiving addresses can be filtered by seeing if the originating 1000 DRK address was on the masternode list at the time of the vote. Multiple votes, or votes for multiple candidates from the same masternode are filtered away to ensure 1 masternode, 1 vote. There may need to be some special filtering rules for start-many MNs, but I'm sure there's a way to make it work.

Having slept on it and after a full day of thinking about it. I am now convinced Dash can really work here.

"Dash is digital cash"

It just works.

Back