• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

RC5 Launch (MANDATORY UPDATE)

Flare, to update from v.9.12.32 to v.9.13.15, do we have to make a fresh wallet and send the coins to the new wallet? Or can we just merge the old wallet to v.9.13.15?

Thank you.

Stable client (0.9.x.y) has no large keypool (yet) and is still using walletversion 60000 --> https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/blob/master-rc5/src/wallet.h#L35

So you don't need to move coins around and can just update the software.

For RCx (0.10.x.y) this is different though.

It's pools not masternodes...
So for the 2 blocks those pools "paid", didn't an RC3 masternode get the payment? That was the whole issue with RC3 and RC4 masternodes is blocks found on RC3 pools went to the RC3 nodes and blocks found on RC4 pools went to RC4 nodes. Just curious, that's all. I just assumed that if those blocks were paid, they had to go to a masternode running the same version as the pool.

I've been trying to get 50 DRK anonymized on Mainnet with no luck...

Because Darkcoin is still in the early stage before mass adoption when there will be more people anonymizing DRK... I'm wondering if I can suggest that, if any of us have no problem leaving our wallets open in our private homes, could everyone in the community keep anonymizing your DRK, especially in small amounts (10, 20, 30, ...100) so we can help each other get our coins denominated, and also for newbies to see that Darksend does work and the anonymization does happen.

I would appreciate very much if we can help each other out by doing this. I believe it's another way to get Darkcoin to take off... I hope you'll agree? Thank you. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
i had that idea longer already, and would like to put this up for discussion eduffield

what if wallets never stop denominating, even if the 8 rounds are full? This will increase privacy and allows more activity on the denom-matching-network.

i had that idea longer already, and would like to put this up for discussion eduffield

what if wallets never stop denominating, even if the 8 rounds are full? This will increase privacy and allows more activity on the denom-matching-network.
Ya, I've asked a couple times that there was a talk about doing 8 rounds a few times but haven't got any answer. Right now, I think we as a community depend on each other to anonymize our coins to promote DRK. (I know we could figure out how to do this alone but that's another issue). Thanks for putting this up for discussion with Evan. :)

I love that idea, but what would happen with the fees? maybe increase them for those under 8 rounds to subsidize the fees of those who are already at 8? (not sure if that is possible)

How about an option so that, if someone urgently needs their coins denominated in a hurry, they could offer to pay the fee of the other parties? This could then be broadcast, and some randomly chosen users that have another checkbox checked to help out in such cases could have their coins mixed with the first user for a round each at no cost to them. This provides two significant benefits:
  • Instant mixing, if you're willing to pay a little extra.
  • Free mixing, if you're willing to wait for people who need instant mixing.
  • Even if you don't need mixing, you can help out the network at no cost to you.
Of course there needs to be some measure in place to prevent the same users being paired too often.

Thoughts?

I won't have access to my cold wallets for the next 8 days or so.

[...]

what...if I do nothing, local/remote darkcoind stay at RC4. Do I get coins or not?

Just in case someone else needs some answers:

- yes, you still get coins with a RC4 Masternode
- your RC4 Masternode will NOT show up here: http://drk.poolhash.org/masternode.htm
- your RC4 Masternode will still show up when you enter their pubkey here: http://drk.poolhash.org/masternode.html?mobile&srch&nmstr=<your_pub_key>
- and, of course, darkcoind masternode list shows your Masternode as active

Is anyone considering a x64 Windows version of the qt wallet? For some reason, the 32 bit versions run REALLY slowly on my x64 machines. No errors, but they seem to freeze, then refresh at something like 12 second intervals (not an exact number)

Just in case someone else needs some answers:

- yes, you still get coins with a RC4 Masternode
- your RC4 Masternode will NOT show up here: http://drk.poolhash.org/masternode.htm
- your RC4 Masternode will still show up when you enter their pubkey here: http://drk.poolhash.org/masternode.html?mobile&srch&nmstr=<your_pub_key>
- and, of course, darkcoind masternode list shows your Masternode as active
well only as long as there are pools on rc4. currently only 14.42% of the pools are paying to rc4 masternodes. personally i would upgrade at such a poor rate :)
https://drk.mn/blocks.html

well only as long as there are pools on rc4. currently only 14.42% of the pools are paying to rc4 masternodes. personally i would upgrade at such a poor rate :)
https://drk.mn/blocks.html

I would have at day one if I COULD!

The worst thing about very secure cold wallets is that they are very secure.

I won't have access to any of them until I'm back in a proper timezone and have physical access to some dedicated hardware...

I would have at day one if I COULD!

The worst thing about very secure cold wallets is that they are very secure.

I won't have access to any of them until I'm back in a proper timezone and have physical access to some dedicated hardware...
That's why I use very secure hot wallets :)

Is anyone considering a x64 Windows version of the qt wallet? For some reason, the 32 bit versions run REALLY slowly on my x64 machines. No errors, but they seem to freeze, then refresh at something like 12 second intervals (not an exact number)
Already had a look at compiling the x64 variant too, but there are some incompatibilities with the mingw compiler used - still hoping to get that sorted out.

I have a Windows system on x64 as well and do not experience any issues - what does the console return when you enter 'getinfo' for walletversion - 60000 or 60001?

That's why I use very secure hot wallets :)
I'm thinking of going back to hot wallets too, on the grounds that my passwords are longer than a Tolstoy novel, nobody to my knowledge has ever brute forced a wallet with a strong password, admin becomes so much easier and faster, and I'm thus less likely to screw something up myself.

Already had a look at compiling the x64 variant too, but there are some incompatibilities with the mingw compiler used - still hoping to get that sorted out.

I have a Windows system on x64 as well and do not experience any issues - what does the console return when you enter 'getinfo' for walletversion - 60000 or 60001?

I'm thinking of going back to hot wallets too, on the grounds that my passwords are longer than a Tolstoy novel, nobody to my knowledge has ever brute forced a wallet with a strong password, admin becomes so much easier and faster, and I'm thus less likely to screw something up myself.
We update the binaries not so often and with spork so I can invest 20 minuts to update all my MNs local/remote and be sure 10000% that nobody will get my hot wallet and decode the pass even if it has more than +65 chacters :)

And 0.9.13.15 or 0.10.13.15?

If it's 0.10.13.15: walletversion 60000 is deprecated as it is causing high cpu load.

To resolve this move your coins out of the wallet (e.g. to an exchange or a second wallet), close your wallet software, move the wallet.dat file out of the %APPDATA%\DarkCoin folder, and restart the wallet software. It will generate a new wallet.dat with walletversion 60001 then and the performance problems should be gone.

As opposed to a remote setup, just keeping your wallet.dat live on the masternode itself?

Back