• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

RC5 Launch (MANDATORY UPDATE)

If you are running a cold/remote setup, you don't need to send the coins to a new address because your config file with the setting masternode=1 disabled darksend at startup (no need to worry about 100 vs 1000 keypool). When you want to actually send your coins, you would send a fresh wallet generated in RC5.

Basically, update the daemon running on your remote server to RC5, then your local client to RC5 and run masternode start. Works fine.
Hi,

Sorry, I just want to clarify that last one - would I be sending my funds *to* the rc5 wallet first, then on from there?

Thanks! Sorry for the stupid questions, I'm on call and working late and just trying to make sure I don't screw anything up in my spare time

Hi,

Sorry, I just want to clarify that last one - would I be sending my funds *to* the rc5 wallet first, then on from there?

Thanks! Sorry for the stupid questions, I'm on call and working late and just trying to make sure I don't screw anything up in my spare time
The only reason you would send to a fresh RC5 wallet is to be on the safe side for removing your earnings from the masternodes. If you send your 1000 coins to a new RC5 address, you're going to need to regen a new masternode key.

Further, if you want to be on the absolute safe side, you could always send all your masternode balances to one fresh RC5 address and then generate new 1000 drk wallets and masternode keys to set them up that way.

Let's not forget......

"walletversion" : 60001,

This needs to be checked and confirmed in getinfo for ver. 0.10.xx.xx

Let's not forget......

"walletversion" : 60001,

This needs to be checked and confirmed in getinfo for ver. 0.10.xx.xx

"version" : 101315,
"protocolversion" : 70038,
"walletversion" : 60000,

I don't have 60001 even though my version is 13.15

It does not metter if you have 60000 wallet and 101314 version.... important that you`ve updated to RC5 version thats all.... when we talk about MNs.
When you want to use darksend it is NECESSARY you create new 60001 wallet.

It does not metter if you have 60000 wallet and 101314 version.... important that you`ve updated to RC5 version thats all.... when we talk about MNs.
When you want to use darksend it is NECESSARY you create new 60001 wallet.

LOL - really?

Then why not just do it now?
Get it over with before you decide to use it.

Planning ahead can be a huge asset in life.
And even more so if you know how to do it now.

It does not matter? LOL
I luvs ya man but come on.........

Just updated my masternode and p2pool...all looks good!

For those who have followed my "Complete, Step-By-Step" guides for running Darkcoin, I have a page with upgrade instructions at:
http://planetcrypton.com/update-darkcoin-daemon

Also, if anyone wants to try their hand at mining, feel free to join PlanetCrypton's p2pool at
http://darkcoin.p2pool.planetcrypton.com:7903

Of course, we also have very detailed instructions for installing both a CPU miner and a GPU miner, as well as instructions for mining our p2pool...just visit
PlanetCrypton.com and have a look around!

Well paint me pink and call me Shirley! Has anybody else noticed how much more resource efficient darkcoind is? My T2.mediums with 6 masternodes on are running at barely 2-5% CPU util and network bandwidth seems to have dropped by two thirds.

Could any of the dev team shed some light on this? What has changed?

T2.micro seems to be handling single nodes much better too. I reckon you could host a couple of masternodes on T2.micro now!

T2.micro seems to be handling single nodes much better too. I reckon you could host a couple of masternodes on T2.micro now!
Ahhh would be nice, I should have spend half of what I spend now for AWS EC2 Instances.

walletversion 60001 update did reduce cpu load a lot - regardless of encryption or darksend.

Cheers flare. It makes me more frustrated that I can't get eth1 working without asymmetric routing on the T2.mediums now. (another thinly veiled plea for help from a Linux network guru) They are under utilised with just six nodes on...I've got 11 EIPs to play with in one particular region and it would be great if I could attach a second network interface and route traffic through to particular user owned darkcoind user instances.

This is great news because if the bandwidth usage continues to be lower than before, TCO of masternodes will be reduced.

Last edited by a moderator:
The RC4 system had some issues (repeated elections) and some vulnerabilities, so RC5 is back to the same as RC3... random voting.
Yes i know that, i just thought if Evan improved that somehow.

Back