• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: Dash Electrum Q3 and Q4 support and development

Will you fund this? Please, only MNO

• No (please, share the reasons below)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

akhavr

Update: proposal is online up for the discussion and voting at https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DashElectrumSep2018
Hope for your support.

Overview:

Electrum is probably the most popular open-source SPV wallet for bitcoin. Last year I've picked up maintenance and support for Electrum-DASH. Since then, I've assembled a small team (of me and two other developers). This is fourth proposal: first one was funded year ago, second one - Feb this year, third one - May this year.

Scope and deliverables:
Since last proposal, we've done:
  • released 3.0.6.2
  • released 3.0.6.3
  • released 3.1.3
  • released 3.2.2
  • released 3.2.2.1
  • catched up with upstream progress and, generally, are ready to release updated Dash Electrum within week or so of upstream release
In those releases, we've:
  • released Android version (not in Google Play yet, though)
  • updated branding
  • added dark theme
  • fixed numerous windows issues
  • prepared for tighter Tor integration
Execution and Schedule:
Work already performed or in progress. Deliverables are released publicly as soon as they are ready.

Roadmap:
See more about our vision and participate in discussion here.

In short, we would like to position Dash Electrum as the default front-end for dash ecosystem, with focus on privacy by default.

This results in the following roadmap:
  • client: Tor support turned on by default on all supported platforms
  • server: Tor support
  • instantsend support
  • privatesend support
  • applets/plugins:
    • masternode monitoring
    • budget proposals monitoring (incl. discussions)
    • pay for fiat services
    • point of sales
    • shared masternodes
  • keep up with the upstream development

About me:

I'm active software developer for over 25 years and for last 15 years I develop mainly in Python. I'm in DASH since late 2014 (you can track my posts on the forum). I package dash electru for more a year now.

Amount requested:
In Feb 2018 I've requested 100DASH at ~740$ per DASH with the expectation that this would allow us to run 6-8 month. Unfortunately, since then DASH exchange rate dropped, so we've used the funds much faster than expected.

In May 2018 proposal we've asked for 200DASH at 450.896$. Unfortunately, since then DASH exchange rate dropped below $200 per DASH, touching $130 at the bottom. With our burn rate $10K per month this officially put our budget in red at the end of Aug.

This time we will request 3-month funding that would cover our burn rate + deficit at current 30day SMA which is $169.837 at the moment.

Budget calculation:
  • current deficit: 42.49DASH
  • burn rate: 58.88DASH for 3 month = 176.64DASH
  • proposal submission: 5DASH
Total: 224.13DASH over 3 months or 74.71DASH per month.

To provide more transparency, funds would be directed to a separate wallet.

If the proposal would be accepted, we will spend 47.49DASH immediately to cover existing deficit and then will spend equivalent of $10k at the beginning of each month.

In case of DASH appreciation, any leftover funds would be spent to extend the duration of the project. In case of DASH depreciation, we will go into a deficit mode again and will submit a new proposal after the end of this 3month period.

More info:

Last edited:
Please vote
Code:
gobject vote-many 5afbccc4b197f1fec0fda27a7042bf9c93f4fcab9820636bfae50608b66cc1e5 funding yes
to support this proposal

In few days we're going to release 3.2.3 update (now in review) that will contain our fixes, as well as changes from upstream:

* hardware wallet: the Safe-T mini from Archos is now supported.
* BIP39 seeds: if a seed extension (aka passphrase) contained multiple consecutive whitespaces or leading/trailing whitespaces then the derived addresses were not following spec. This has been fixed, and affected should move their coins. The wizard will show a warning in this case. (#4566)
* Revealer: the PRNG used has been changed (#4649)
* fix Linux distributables: 'typing' was not bundled, needed for python 3.4
* fix #4491: on Android, if user had set "uDASH" as base unit, app crashed
* fix #4497: on Android, paying bip70 invoices from cold start did not work
* Several other minor bugfixes and usability improvements.
* file reorganization with top-level module
* windows builds switched to Python 3.6
* minor fix (disabled buttons) in dark theme
* add drk.p2pay.com to servers.json
* Other fixes and improvements

If this PR would be delayed, for any reason, the release also would include TOR improvements and Electrum-Dash renamed to Dash Electrum.

Right now we're working on InstantSend support on the ElectrumX (server) side.

Please, support the work by upvoting our proposal at https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DashElectrumSep2018 (
Code:
gobject vote-many 5afbccc4b197f1fec0fda27a7042bf9c93f4fcab9820636bfae50608b66cc1e5 funding yes
in the console)

Back