• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[prepoposal] Dash Debit Card ready by Mid-April

Shall we release the DASH debit card within 3 weeks?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
In light of the recent info i would rather see this escrowed/handled through core but the 3 x 100 is an improvement. 3 x 75 would be better though. I'm not in that big of a hurry to spend my Dash so if this goes through core and takes an extra month i would have no problem with that. Better safe than sorry. I also don't have a problem supporting both of these debit card proposals.

In light of the recent info i would rather see this escrowed/handled through core but the 3 x 100 is an improvement. 3 x 75 would be better though. I'm not in that big of a hurry to spend my Dash so if this goes through core and takes an extra month i would have no problem with that. Better safe than sorry. I also don't have a problem supporting both of these debit card proposals.

@mastermined If there is a reputable DASH core member who would do the escrow of 300 Dash, we are fine with that. We are happy and confident we can make it happen and open to being the first project where it is done in that way. We would need a fast proposal from one of the core members though, as we were planning to set-up the actual proposal within a few hours.

Sorry, not supporting this one unless it is through the core team where they have the dash in escrow and only release the money to the proposer if specific milestones are met and promises are kept (related to fees, etc.). Too much info has come out for me to vote for a grant to be given directly to the proposer.

@mastermined If there is a reputable DASH core member who would do the escrow of 300 Dash, we are fine with that. We are happy and confident we can make it happen and open to being the first project where it is done in that way. We would need a fast proposal from one of the core members though, as we were planning to set-up the actual proposal within a few hours.

I would hold off at least another day or so, no rush. Contact @babygiraffe from the core team and work something out. You would not be the first to go that route as it has been done several times before.

I would hold off at least another day or so, no rush. Contact @babygiraffe from the core team and work something out. You would not be the first to go that route as it has been done several times before.

Great - just contacted @babygiraffe

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-25%20at%2012.26.27.png

If anyone has better access to him, please ping him (maybe @TanteStefana ? )

Last edited:
That's really awesome.
So if I order it now, will I need to order another card?
Or you just simply will add Dash as additional currency?

@dmitriybtc With our proposal to add Dash as an additional currency you can get our card now and it will get "upgraded" automatically. So, feel free to try out the card with Bitcoin now and Dash in the future :)

I checked your service with bitcoin and loaded some to my new created account. User experience with the app was very good - everything went smoothly.
Even though I'm not thrilled that dash has to pay to be integrated, I think it is a good complement to our eco system. I would support this proposal with my votes.

How do trolls and haters work?

They try to downtalk everything, criticise everything, bash everything, destroy everything...

WHY?
Because they feel they are missing out. MIssing out because they do not get the reward. Missing out because they think they are not good enough. So they prefer to destroy others rather than understand that the people they try to attack would actually help to make their life better.

You have tried everything so far: Tried to attack our company, tried to attack me personally, tried to attack anything you can... Why do you do this? You think to protect yourself, right?! But actually, you are hurting yourself. You have done all this research and come up with NOTHING, because deep inside you know we are legit. That is why you haven't even tried our app. You haven't even downloaded it, true?! I know, because your goal is NOT to help the community, your goal is to hurt others. Fair enough.

Look, you have 2 options:
1. Give us a fair chance and see that we can help the entire Dash community.
2. Or keep acting in your trollish, haterish manner and hurt this wonderful group.

Your choice - you got nothing to lose and everything to win!

Thanks for this post, which proves that you are still using the NLP tactics, which every MLM 'salesman' is using to lure naive people to invest in their scam.

What you have posted is exactly the same bs talk, you used with lyoness before - MLM 101, which proves to me that the blogpost about you and your MLM tactis is true - which I couldn't verify before, because your sales pitch was taken down. Thanks for the clarification!

You claim to have studied medicine, so you can't be that stupid, to believe at that time, what you were doing was legit, when it was clearly a ponzi scheme.

Therefore please stop blaming the company for being a scam, because I think you exactly knew what you were doing - making a quick buck from naive and/or dump people.

@grex Nope, I have to admit, for the short time I was in MLM, I did believe it was legit (and not only I but many other people got duped just like others too). It was a mistake that I regret on the one hand but I am also happy about I did it on the other. It was the only time in my life I paid a price for short-sighted thinking and I promised myself it will never happen again. And it never did. Believe what you may, but if you truly did your research on me, you would know it is true what I am stating. But anyways, I cannot change the past and I do not want to. Whatever happened, happened all those years ago.

Let me ask you this @grex :
- Why are we committing on using an escrow?
- Why are we offering a working app already?
- Why am I actually replying.

You know what I think? You do not care about the debit card - you care about it not going to happen because of alternative motives (competitor, etc.) Otherwise you would not suddenly get out of your hole, with an account that has not done anything else and try to do a personal attack on a project that is legit and working. Am I right? If not, please let me know how our scam should work if everything will be escrowed with @babygiraffe ?

You got me, I'm a shill for @CharlieShrem...lol
Jokes aside, I would be more than happy to have a DASH credit card, but the numbers don't add up.

Let me sum up the facts:
- no payment fees
- no fx fees
- no markup on exchange rate
- your companies income relies only on the card issuance fee (the card costs you $ 5.80, ~ $ 9 onetime profit/card) and merchants fees (was 0.2 % in the beginning, your co-founder expected it to eventually grow to 1 %)
(source for these numbers - your co-founder: https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4k69dk/proposal_daopay_connecting_daos_and_real_world/)

So please tell me how this should be profitable, when your seed money is consumed? Maybe I'm missing something.

I believe you when you say that your app is working at the moment and even that you will launch dash on it (so escrow makes no sense to me), however I don't think that you can operate on such low or no fees after your seed money is gone.
That is my concern regarding this proposal.

I see two possibilities here, once the seed money is gone:
- introduce fees (most likely) or
- shutdown and move on, customer funds on the card would most definitely also be lost then

Given the fact that you are marketing the card with no fees, even the first scenario would be a very dishonest move.
Therefore I think dash shouldn't get involved/invest in this proposal, as this would reflect badly on the whole community.

However, please prove me wrong and explain your business plan to us. I would highly appreciate that. Thanks!

How do trolls and haters work?

They try to downtalk everything, criticise everything, bash everything, destroy everything...

WHY?
Because they feel they are missing out. MIssing out because they do not get the reward. Missing out because they think they are not good enough. So they prefer to destroy others rather than understand that the people they try to attack would actually help to make their life better.

You have tried everything so far: Tried to attack our company, tried to attack me personally, tried to attack anything you can... Why do you do this? You think to protect yourself, right?! But actually, you are hurting yourself. You have done all this research and come up with NOTHING, because deep inside you know we are legit. That is why you haven't even tried our app. You haven't even downloaded it, true?! I know, because your goal is NOT to help the community, your goal is to hurt others. Fair enough.

Look, you have 2 options:
1. Give us a fair chance and see that we can help the entire Dash community.
2. Or keep acting in your trollish, haterish manner and hurt this wonderful group.

Your choice - you got nothing to lose and everything to win!

MNOs are not investing in projects, they are investing in people. It is reasonable we all do our due diligence and if that means asking awkward questions or challenging you, then fine, let it be.

Just so people know, on 12 March 2017 you said (quote from yt vid @18m27)...

"For transparency, I own a little bit of dash. I'm not really heavily invested 'cause I just don't think it makes a lot of sense. But 'umm, if at the end of the day, it's just a straight up of bitcoin, but there are some extra features to it as you can see here and who knows, I mean, look if there's one guy invested really heavily [Roger Ver], I don't think he's throwing his money away, I think he knows something or he hopes for something and I'm interested to ride that wave a little bit but not too heavily."

And I compare that with what you said earlier in this thread...

"For us, it is more than just a proposal. It is about working with Dash longterm to get it the cryptocurrency standing it deserves to have!"

So I'm confused if you're riding the wave or working for the long term standing dash deserves.

More so, on page two of this thread you said...

"That we can handle the Dash integration? We've had a few Dash Masternodes live for quite some time already. The actual integration into our app is similar to Bitcoin, as Dash is a fork. So the RPC is the same."

You're asking the community for $30K, you're not heavily invested, just riding the wave, yet you never answered my earlier question of why you didn't sell one of your MNs (valued at $100K each) to fund your dash integration?

You got me, I'm a shill for @CharlieShrem...lol
Jokes aside, I would be more than happy to have a DASH credit card, but the numbers don't add up.

Let me sum up the facts:
- no payment fees
- no fx fees
- no markup on exchange rate
- your companies income relies only on the card issuance fee (the card costs you $ 5.80, ~ $ 9 onetime profit/card) and merchants fees (was 0.2 % in the beginning, your co-founder expected it to eventually grow to 1 %)
(source for these numbers - your co-founder: https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4k69dk/proposal_daopay_connecting_daos_and_real_world/)

So please tell me how this should be profitable, when your seed money is consumed? Maybe I'm missing something.

I believe you when you say that your app is working at the moment and even that you will launch dash on it (so escrow makes no sense to me), however I don't think that you can operate on such low or no fees after your seed money is gone.
That is my concern regarding this proposal.

I see two possibilities here, once the seed money is gone:
- introduce fees (most likely) or
- shutdown and move on, customer funds on the card would most definitely also be lost then

Given the fact that you are marketing the card with no fees, even the first scenario would be a very dishonest move.
Therefore I think dash shouldn't get involved/invest in this proposal, as this would reflect badly on the whole community.

However, please prove me wrong and explain your business plan to us. I would highly appreciate that. Thanks!

Your facts are pretty accurate, where you are off is our business model. Our strategy is NOT to become a debit card provider, but rather to decentralise everything. We wrote a white paper on that, that you can find here (and I am sure we will hear your valuable feedback on) www.comit.network

So, when you stated your 2 options you were not taking that into consideration that right now, the centralised platform is only the stepping stone to something larger with lots more options of price discovery and so on.

If you mistrust TenX as a wallet, only put on the funds you want to spend straight away and issue solved. Maybe there will come the time, that you realise that your preconceived assumptions about us were wrong and that we are actually a legit group working on a legit problem.

Last edited:
i'm super interested on your services , i have friends in Africa, South Amercica that need this type of debit card and myself in Canada . to be honest , i stopped using other Debits here locally ,due to high fees , ill might use it online only if i pay with USD or Euro .
if you say you'll keep the fees at 0% for foreign currency you got my support , i just hope in few months you will not start charging for it , because i will be deceived then .

i'm super interested on your services , i have friends in Africa, South America that need this type of debit card and myself in Canada . to be honest , i stopped using other Debits here locally ,due to high fees , ill might use it online only if i pay with USD or Euro .
if you say you'll keep the fees at 0% for foreign currency you got my support , i just hope in few months you will not start charging for it , because i will be deceived then .

@studioz The challenges you are describing are exactly those we want to solve for many countries, not only Africa and South A. Also Asia has billions of people who have a huge need for that. We want to work with Dash not only a few weeks, but long-term. Don't worry, we will not increase our fees, count on that.

@Dr. Julian Hosp
Thanks for your objective response!

Your facts are pretty accurate, where you are off is our business model. Our strategy is NOT to become a debit card provider, but rather to decentralise everything. We wrote a white paper on that, that you can find here (and I am sure we will hear your valuable feedback on) www.comit.network

Will check out the white paper later and hopefully I can find the missing link in there.

Maybe there will come the time, that you realise that your preconceived assumptions about us were wrong and that we are actually a legit group working on a legit problem.
Hope so too, would be more than happy if your project succeeds in accordance with the terms you stated in this thread.

Having seen many scams in the crypto world before, makes me cautious when somethings seems too good to be true.

Back