• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[prepoposal] Dash Debit Card ready by Mid-April

Shall we release the DASH debit card within 3 weeks?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm sorry but I'm calling you out. You're a kitesurfer that had supposedly retired by the age of 30. You like your little motivational talks and you like your MLM. Your latest get-rich-quick-scam is blockchain and you're such an incredibility accomplished person, I have no idea how you fit it all in. Not least because you're fast to grab other people's money without using your own. In short, you're a con artist:

https://www.amazon.com/Julian-Hosp/e/B00J580M9W
https://twitter.com/julianhosp
http://dab.25stories.org/
https://www.instagram.com/julianhosp/
http://julianhosp.com/home
https://www.amazon.com/Stories-woul...sp-20&linkId=6364ce1f4eefd4d4c36e5deba6a4802d

Well that escalated quickly.... :eek:

It all sounds really good to be honest... The thing that I think people here want to understand is how you guys make your cut out of this? We've all got to make a bit of money and that's all good, but 0% fees sounds too good to be true.. ;)

Thanks

Walter

How do scammers work? They offer something that looks too good to be true, and they apply a time limit to try and get a poorly made snap decision. There is no way I would trust this guy. There's nothing in his life that he didn't eventually get bored of. He just talks the talk and pads it all out. We owe it to ourselves to do more research on these people, and proposals in general.

At this very moment I made a purchase in google play using the virtual card .. it worked. .comprei 500 gems clash of clans

http://imgur.com/WF2DVW6

WF2DVW6

How do scammers work? They offer something that looks too good to be true, and they apply a time limit to try and get a poorly made snap decision. There is no way I would trust this guy. There's nothing in his life that he didn't eventually get bored of. He just talks the talk and pads it all out. We owe it to ourselves to do more research on these people, and proposals in general.
I'm sorry but I'm calling you out. You're a kitesurfer that had supposedly retired by the age of 30. You like your little motivational talks and you like your MLM. Your latest get-rich-quick-scam is blockchain and you're such an incredibility accomplished person, I have no idea how you fit it all in. Not least because you're fast to grab other people's money without using your own. In short, you're a con artist:

https://www.amazon.com/Julian-Hosp/e/B00J580M9W
https://twitter.com/julianhosp
http://dab.25stories.org/
https://www.instagram.com/julianhosp/
http://julianhosp.com/home
https://www.amazon.com/Stories-woul...sp-20&linkId=6364ce1f4eefd4d4c36e5deba6a4802d

Calling someone a con artist is a serious accusation. I took a quick look at the links you referenced and didn't find anything sufficient to make such accusations. I also get bored easily and I like motivational speakers - many leaders and entrepreneurs have those traits. What specific evidence do you have to back up your accusations?

I agree that proper vetting should be done before supporting any proposals, but we should also not jump to conclusions nor throw out accusations just because we are not fond of someone's personal interests or leadership style. We should be able to judge the proposal based in the merits of the cards they have already delivered to the market, and if there is more info we need about their organization we can request it.

Let me know if I am missing the "smoking gun" that lead you to make such accusations.

Calling someone a con artist is a serious accusation. I took a quick look at the links you referenced and didn't find anything sufficient to make such accusations. I also get bored easily and I like motivational speakers - many leaders and entrepreneurs have those traits. What specific evidence do you have to back up your accusations?

I agree that proper vetting should be done before supporting any proposals, but we should also not jump to conclusions nor throw out accusations just because we are not fond of someone's personal interests or leadership style. We should be able to judge the proposal based in the merits of the cards they have already delivered to the market, and if there is more info we need about their organization we can request it.

Let me know if I am missing the "smoking gun" that lead you to make such accusations.

Oh, you mean how he likes to use the title of "Doctor" (in medicine) and dedicated his life to kitesurfing and MLM? Or was it writing his get-rich-quick book and webinars proclaiming he retired by 30? Or was it online education? - no no, I'm sorry, I forgot, he's now dedicated to this blockchain thing.. has $1M in funding, runs multiple MNs but can't wait for an extra $30K to pay a developer within the next 30 days... but nevermind that bullocks, he's going to add dash by the end of year if those pussy MNOs don't fund his hairy arse!

Last edited:
We do NOT charge fees. Please understand that it is not always possible to charge the exact same exchange rate you might find on Google or an exchange since there might be small time delays, but we only work with the fees from the merchant.

So, being a crypto enthusiast and not knowledgeable in payment systems, I would like to know if anyone can answer these questions three:

What is a BIN number?
So Master Card fees are shared with you by Master Card, who collects from merchants, right?
Finally, how dare you, and why are you an athletic intelligent and handsome entrepreneur with a doctorate at such a young age?

It kind of confounds me that we are in a business with no history and gall to build the world's new money, yet we want some kind of old school institution to work for us. Sure, we'll win some and lose some. We're dealing with other new entrepreneurs just like us building a whole new world. We HAVE to trust in someone and they've already made it work. This kind of attack is silly in my opinion.

Unless some REAL information comes out that these people are not to be trusted, I choose to support this because it will increase the reach and visibility of Dash.

! I would vote in favor if US is possible. I will not sit here and grill you on legitimacy, and I like what I am seeing. I do hope that the core team recognizes this proposal and gives some feedback or inquiry.
I desagree
There are many countries in the world . not just Europe and USA . pisses me of when i have to pay 6%+ to other debit cards that dont have my currency, CAD . to bring Dash to main adoption we need other countries to participate and open doors to them to .Even if your Amercain and this debit card is not usefull to you can serve many other countries and bring value to Dash Network. I need a solution me too. This debit card solves my issue here in Canada and my colleges in Brazil.

Fun fact:

The Tenx CEO and COO are listed as designer/dev and architect at a Tokyo-based company developing web & app devs:
aweandfunction (dot) com.

Also, the tenx-url was registered on 14/1/2017,

Edit: looks like they rebranded from getonebit (dot) com to tenx. This would explian the very recent registration.
Cointelegraph had an article on them in 2015 (with Charlie Shrem reference :)): cointelegraph (dot) com/news/onebit-pay-with-bitcoin-using-nfc-at-any-credit-card-accepting-merchant.

Last edited:
I sense a lot of "artificial gravity" sucking or trying to suck us off into a realm of meaningless tangents.

All that really matters here is that we're being asked to invest 300 Dash to add Dash to a credit card in the short term.

Will we get this Dash back any time soon - in other words, is it worth it to get Dash added now and not 6-9 months later? Probably yes, as 300 Dash seems to be a reasonable cost compared with previous projects. Also, action in this realm sooner rather than later will give another "use" for Dash - and will help people new to Dash see activity - meaningful activity - and thus people might see more "value" for Dash in general (i.e. it really is moving toward real use, toward implementation - here is another company using it - might actually help get other companies to see the light and actually use Dash).

Is there any potential negative fallout or blowback? Probably not. These people seem to have a track record. They seem to be credible. They seem to be good at this. Emotional blowback is tangential - don't get suckered away by that false gravity. If you see some real or actual potential blowback here, please state it.

Really, the question is: is it worth 300 Dash to have some action or use for Dash (a new company offering a way to actually use Dash to buy things) within a few weeks, rather than waiting 6-9 months?

For me, the main negative is this: if this company is "bluffing" us then we're wasting 300 Dash. By "bluffing" I mean the possibility that they're going to add Dash to their credit card much sooner than the 6-9 months they're saying, but they're trying us out for now to see if we'll pay for it or not. It cost them 5 Dash, however, to do this - so it's not a "cheap bluff" if indeed it is one. Even if it is a bluff, if we get more than 300 Dash value for the Dash Community as a whole by agreeing and having Dash added to their card very quickly, it doesn't really matter if we're being "used" - because we are still winning. As long as a short term addition of Dash to this card somehow "pays us back" by overall improving Dash's image (as usable now or soon rather than later, perhaps), then it's a win-win situation for us. In that case it doesn't really matter if they were bluffing and "using" us, because either way we still win. Well, it would be an "emotional butt-hurt issue" for some, to have not guessed the bluff correctly - but that only matters over in the tangential world of false-gravity. Not here in reality.

I sense a lot of "artificial gravity" sucking or trying to suck us off into a realm of meaningless tangents.

All that really matters here is that we're being asked to invest 300 Dash to add Dash to a credit card in the short term.

Will we get this Dash back any time soon - in other words, is it worth it to get Dash added now and not 6-9 months later? Probably yes, as 300 Dash seems to be a reasonable cost compared with previous projects. Also, action in this realm sooner rather than later will give another "use" for Dash - and will help people new to Dash see activity - meaningful activity - and thus people might see more "value" for Dash in general (i.e. it really is moving toward real use, toward implementation - here is another company using it - might actually help get other companies to see the light and actually use Dash).

Is there any potential negative fallout or blowback? Probably not. These people seem to have a track record. They seem to be credible. They seem to be good at this. Emotional blowback is tangential - don't get suckered away by that false gravity. If you see some real or actual potential blowback here, please state it.

Really, the question is: is it worth 300 Dash to have some action or use for Dash (a new company offering a way to actually use Dash to buy things) within a few weeks, rather than waiting 6-9 months?

For me, the main negative is this: if this company is "bluffing" us then we're wasting 300 Dash. By "bluffing" I mean the possibility that they're going to add Dash to their credit card much sooner than the 6-9 months they're saying, but they're trying us out for now to see if we'll pay for it or not. It cost them 5 Dash, however, to do this - so it's not a "cheap bluff" if indeed it is one. Even if it is a bluff, if we get more than 300 Dash value for the Dash Community as a whole by agreeing and having Dash added to their card very quickly, it doesn't really matter if we're being "used" - because we are still winning. As long as a short term addition of Dash to this card somehow "pays us back" by overall improving Dash's image (as usable now or soon rather than later, perhaps), then it's a win-win situation for us. In that case it doesn't really matter if they were bluffing and "using" us, because either way we still win. Well, it would be an "emotional butt-hurt issue" for some, to have not guessed the bluff correctly - but that only matters over in the tangential world of false-gravity. Not here in reality.

Except they are sitting on multiple MNs, each worth $100K.. so why they didn't sell one of them instead to raise the money for their surefire business?

The proposal sounds interesting, but voting for it would be so much easier if we just could have binding contracts or an escrow arrangement instead of just handing over a bag of money and hoping for the best.
Not only for this particular proposal but all those dealing with companies (non-community proposals). Paying companies upfront is not a very common practice.

@Dr. Julian Hosp your proposal looks very delicious ;)
Are you willing to do the three months proposal for 100 dash each instead of 300 coins in one hit?
You might bring the product live and get the trust of the users and MN owners into funding it till the end.

Is it possible to have DASH logo on the card?

This reeks of scam to me. How come the "honorable" "Dr." is shadowbanned on Reddit? I stumbled upon this automatically removed post just a few minutes ago which is what originally led me to this thread in the first place.
YRJr7Us.png

For someone trying to maintain professionalism this looks really really bad.

Amount to that the points brought up by others, it's needless to say I will vote no on any proposal from that entity.

Well, you guys have done some good digging. This doesn't bode well. Thank you.

Bummer too, as I thought my long winded support for such projects was well written, LOL

Last edited:
Back