• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal reduce the proposal fee to 1 dash

A high proposal fee... will guarantee we miss out on some gems that POs don't dare to list due to the expense.

Anyone with a truly good idea is going to be able to raise funds from the community to pay the fee. We've got lots of millionaires around here. The only people hampered by the high fee are the incompetent parasites and the con artists we've collected over the years.

Anyone with a truly good idea is going to be able to raise funds from the community to pay the fee. We've got lots of millionaires around here. The only people hampered by the high fee are the incompetent parasites and the con artists we've collected over the years.

I think the proposal system has two areas that could be improved:

1) low voter participation, and
2) lack of MNO engagement at the pre-proposal / concept stage.

Do you agree?

If you agree, how could it be improved?

MNOs should, ideally, be making one good decision, and that is to be more involved with pre-proposals and voting. Yet despite the commitment of 1000 dash, the incentive doesn't seem to be enough. This, to me, seems to be the dichotomy you need to explain; why a 5 dash commitment fosters good proposals yet 1000 dash tied up is not.

I think the proposal system has two areas that could be improved:

1) low voter participation, and
2) lack of MNO engagement at the pre-proposal / concept stage.

Do you agree?

If you agree, how could it be improved?

MNOs should, ideally, be making one good decision, and that is to be more involved with pre-proposals and voting. Yet despite the commitment of 1000 dash, the incentive doesn't seem to be enough. This, to me, seems to be the dichotomy you need to explain; why a 5 dash commitment fosters good proposals yet 1000 dash tied up is not.

Agreed. See this issue and related thread in #mno.

I fully support this proposal, and I will certainly vote YES for it.

All those who believe that the proposal owners who decided to pay 1 dash are just spammers, they can simply filter these proposals and do not take them into account!!!

So I think those who will vote NO are tottaly unreasonable, and their only goal is to prevent the others from discovering interesting proposals to vote.

Last edited:
For reference a similar decision proposal is before the DAO presently. Given the early discussion and general feel for it, I can see the support for it and this one are very low in the community.

Official update: I will not be moving forward with this proposal to the network. I don't believe now is the right time, perhaps we can circle back to the issue in 6-12 months time, but for now the present system will have to suffice.

FYI, decred proposals cost 0.1 DCR to register and 0.1 DCR to submit:

( $178 * 0.1 ) x 2 = $35.60

Look also the market capitalization of Decred and compared it to Dash.
market decred.jpg

Decred , a once upon times "garbage" coin , has now similar marketcap with Dash.

Is it maybe because of the low proposal fee?

Decred , a once upon times "garbage" coin , has now similar marketcap with Dash.

Is it maybe because of the low proposal fee?

Indeed, it did a 16x a couple of months ago and looks like it might overtake dash. Dash is the better chain so I would see that as a signal to sell decred and buy dash. Saying that, 1000 decred earns more money per month than 1000 dash.

I don't think it's lower fee is the reason for it's success but they do believe their proposal system is more robust than dash's. Decred to me, however, feels a bit too centralized / censored.

OTOH, they do have a massive $111M treasury! https://dcrdata.decred.org/treasury?chart=balance&zoom=ijhhasg0-kmbjr4w0&bin=month

In this context, I'm not sure how anyone can say dash's proposal system is working at it's optimum.

Okay, so now we're down to removing my post because I highlighted decred's treasury system, really? It's all come down to censorship, not liking what you see?

Some proponents of NO are hiding to more than one individualities, in order to appear as more people. Of course I am aware of this technique of hiding your individuality behind junk proposals. But as long as I respect the right of anonymity, I havent code anything YET in order to reveal this kind of voters. Maybe I will, in the future.....

Have a look. ...... Put "set-your-price-proposals" in the No filter of https://mnowatch.org/the_results_dashd_2021-03-16-00-52-33.uniqueHashVotes.250.html . Among others, also the below appears....

hiding individuality.jpg

It is obvious for anyone that the above 3 individualities that appear in mnowatch are one individual. The technique of junk proposals is used by the owner of the above 3 masternodes in order for him to appear as 3 separated individualities.

This technique will become more popular and will be used more and more, in case the 1 dash proposal fee is accepted. The remedy to this is to allow the MNOs to rate some proposals as junk, and to remove these junk proposals and do not take them into account whenever the individualities are investigated. (@xkcd )

Last edited:
Okay, so now we're down to removing my post because I highlighted decred's treasury system, really? It's all come down to censorship, not liking what you see?

Thats the reason I do not participate in dashcentral. They practice censorship there. :mad:

Last edited:
I agree, bad idea. Previous decision proposal clearly showed a lack of censensus on changing the proposal fee from 5 Dash to 1 Dash
(790 yes, 719 no), so why do this all over again ?

The change from $70 (when previous decision proposal was created) and our current Dash price of $164 is not all that different, so why would
masternode operators change their NO vote now and risk introducing a lot more low quality budget proposals and a lot more decision proposals ?

The 5 Dash fee has been in place for 7 years now, in those 7 years i did not see that Dash fee forming a problem, not when Dash was at the very start of
the 2017 bull market and not when Dash was at the very height of the bull market 2017.

No need to fix something that is not broken.
If Dash wants participation and adoption you cant charge these amounts. Even at 1Dash its a high barrier for some people. Not everyone are so rich and to exclude a big portion of people is not very decentralized. I dont care about 7 years ago as we are talking about here and now.
How do we want Dash to be perceived and accepted in a bigger picture for the future?
I am all for inclusion not exclusion.

Yep, been down a couple of days now, shortly after my proposal went live, maybe I broke it :-D

Dashnexus seems dead now! The curse that affects whoever tries to apply anything related to "vote the numbers", is a very powerful curse indeed!!!! Very few can survive the curse.......

"Here is wisdom, and whoever has a mind in him, let him vote the number of the beast, for it is the number of a human."

Heraclitus The Inception of Occidental Thinking and Logic: Heraclitus’s Doctrine of the Logos

Last edited:
Last edited:
Good news! The third biggest whale, a 102whale, a 2017 generation Dash community member, supports the set-your-price-proposals !!!

Thanks interesting. I did notice the sudden jump and was wondering what happened. Maybe it's Binance? Someone else? Anyway, unfortunately, it's nowhere near enough to pass.

Back