• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: Let millions of Chinese investors on Huobi invest Dash

So our China coordinators from Core made a deal with Huobi behind closed doors and we were handed the bill in form of a 1,005 Dash proposal? 12.2 release and this proposal were clearly coordinated. Make use of the euphoria and such... Integration and marketing being already live on Huobi I feel completely blindsided here.

What I dislike the most is how voting against this proposal is conflated with not wanting Dash on Huobi.
Business as usual.

DASH's corruption is at least productive corruption...

Questions:
How do random people on an exchange getting dash help?
These aren't people who are going to use dash. These are people that are going to sell dash.
If we're going to spend almost half a million on this, we could at least get that half million into dash wallets, not on an exchange where they will be easily "thanks for the free money! *sell*"'ed away
I just received a small amount of TRON on Binance and didn't even look it up before placing a sell order. I'm sure many others will do the same with DASH.

Also, how do we tell if this is even successful?
Why not give away 100 dash first? it has to be 1000?

What's far more absurd is that the description says "Each of them can get about 0.001-0.01Dash."
***There have been 0 questions about this so far, and the estimation is an order of magnitude off***. nobody really cares about the magnitude at all before this passes? This is ridiculous.

why not use 100 dash instead of 1000 then?
Seems super reckless of the masternodes. I'm pretty shocked and disappointed that this is passing.

Seems super reckless of the masternodes. I'm pretty shocked and disappointed that this is passing.

Because the masternode owners are either stupid or spies, and they firmly refuse to vote the numbers.
You are not allowed to vote 100 instead of 1000. Take the predecided and imposed 1000 number, and stick it up deep into your....stupid mind.

Last edited:
Questions:
These aren't people who are going to use dash. These are people that are going to sell dash.
If we're going to spend almost half a million on this, we could at least get that half million into dash wallets, not on an exchange where they will be easily "thanks for the free money! *sell*"'ed away
I just received a small amount of TRON on Binance and didn't even look it up before placing a sell order. I'm sure many others will do the same with DASH.

What's far more absurd is that the description says "Each of them can get about 0.001-0.01Dash."
***There have been 0 questions about this so far, and the estimation is an order of magnitude off***. nobody really cares about the magnitude at all before this passes? This is ridiculous.

Exactly right! That's why we should try to persuade people change their vote to NO for this proposal.

Please vote NO for this proposal, because if Chinese government ban cryptocurrency, how will our investment on it?

CHINA BANS BITCOIN MINING? RUMORS FLY AS NOTICES APPEAR IN PRESS

The ban was a misunderstanding and already clarified in China by a reliable news source: http://finance.caixin.com/2017-11-14/101170600.html

You are welcome to refer to the coindesk link which explains it in English: https://www.coindesk.com/state-owned-power-provider-denies-chinese-bitcoin-mining-ban-rumors/

Questions:

I beg to differ from this point of view.

Though personal experience speaks as great example, please be cautious to generalize user behaviors from one or two use cases. As for the effect of the Airdrop, I have clarified that we would provide a report for Dash community and us as well to review and reflect for future activities.

Moreover, if, we as members of the crypto community, want to make it strong, and achieve mass adoption, we shall do it by uniting people together as much as possible, and be nice to each other, not to categorize people as "good users"/"bad traders"/"bad speculators" until they actually do something to deserve that judgment.

This is what we are trying to do at Huobi Pro and we are asking Dash to do this together with us: setting a great example of Exchange and Community working together to raise awareness instead of frowning on each other. Your support and understanding would be deeply appreciated.

I am waiting impatiently for the moment when you realise that you do exactly something like this :p
If you wish to remove the splinter from my eye, first, remove the log from yours.

Then, maybe, you'll realize it's not a flaw, but a deliberately cultivated trait...

By stabbing me in the back you lost out on all I had to offer.

I lost nothing because you had nothing to offer.

You aren't the one with the upper hand, but you can't figure that out... It's like being on a date with a 40 year old bimbo waayyy past her expiration date. Trying to pull a power play for an ego trip on a matter that is supposed to be cooperative... "You're never going to get laid with that attitude!" No shit! Ever think that maybe, just maybe; that wasn't the objective?

I can just, you know, not participate. Then you can say to the sleeping dog "Lie down! Don't bark!" And look like you're a big, powerful man ordering around the sleeping dog, or whatever...

IX could have been in used for two years now... How's that my problem? You did that to the entire project just because you don't like my politics, which hasn't a damn thing to do with the task at hand...

That petty arrogance cost you, and everyone involved in DASH, a two year head start.

It didn't cost me a damn thing.

I'm patiently waiting for you to explain how this is in any way me shooting myself in the foot... Denial and delusion in the echo chamber... Your arrogance blinds you.

I don't say any of this with hostility, because I'm not the one who lost out. There's nothing for me to be mad about. You're still working for me, and I'm not working for you. There's nothing but win on my end...

The only contribution I can be bothered to make, after what you Usual Suspects did to me, is to be a marginally productive thorn providing criticism as guidance, which I know is fully ignored simply because it's me, with no regard for the content... For as much as I shitpost, I give you just as much gold, but you reject it just because it's me...

Last edited:
To be honest, I was a bit disappointed with this project? I'm not much fan of an airdrop anyway, but expected more for the promotion. (we're talking about >1 Million $ and the largest exchange in China!) There was one announcement at the top of the page which was overshadowed within hours by a new one. I had expected a more elaborate press release that would stay visible a little longer and also highlighting some of the advantages of Dash, like instant send and the low tx fees. The questionnaire that could win you Dash could and probably should have been much better, probably with an ability to expand on certain questions to people who's curiosity was piqued. Was the community consulted in this questionnaire? I'm sure some of us would have gladly helped making a better questionnaire.

There is more that can be done by Huobi as well. For example, do you support the receiving of instant send? That would be a huge boon for users as it would allow them to deposit Dash from their wallet almost instantly (without waiting on confirmations) and act on market trends immediately, without the risk of leaving it on the exchange. You could point out this feature to users!

The proposal speaks of a multi-stage promotional effort so maybe the best is yet to come. Furthermore I look at things from a very Western mindset at things which makes me prone to misjudge Asian projects at times. Still this proposal left me feeling a bit disappointed.

Last edited:
To be honest, I was a bit disappointed with this project? I'm not much fan of an airdrop anyway, but expected more for the promotion. (we're talking about >1 Million $ and the largest exchange in China!) There was one announcement at the top of the page which was overshadowed within hours by a new one. I had expected a more elaborate press release that would stay visible a little longer and also highlighting some of the advantages of Dash, like instant send and the low tx fees. The questionnaire that could win you Dash could and probably should have been much better, probably with an ability to expand on certain questions to people who's curiosity was piqued. Was the community consulted in this questionnaire? I'm sure some of us would have gladly helped making a better questionnaire.

There is more that can be done by Huobi as well. For example, do you support the receiving of instant send? That would be a huge boon for users as it would allow them to deposit Dash from their wallet almost instantly (without waiting on confirmations) and act on market trends immediately, without the risk of leaving it on the exchange. You could point out this feature to users!

The proposal speaks of a multi-stage promotional effort so maybe the best is yet to come. Furthermore I look at things from a very Western mindset at things which makes me prone to misjudge Asian projects at times. Still this proposal left me feeling a bit disappointed.

Theres no way for us to judge if this was even worth it. One of the largest proposals ever, and we don't even have any data. Pretty awful.

Theres no way for us to judge if this was even worth it. One of the largest proposals ever, and we don't even have any data. Pretty awful.

While it is true that we have no data to judge the effectiveness of the proposal (though I would argue that this is hardly the first proposal where that is true), Huobi did set up a fairly extensive program.

See: https://www.dashforcenews.com/huobi-rolls-multi-stage-contest-incentivize-dash-trading/

I would imagine more detailed information is only available in Chinese...

Hi @huobipro - I wonder if we can get an update on this:

As for the effect of the Airdrop, I have clarified that we would provide a report for Dash community and us as well to review and reflect for future activities.

When will this report be provided to the community?

Thanks!

Good job on the report huobi pro.

Since I cannot verify a single transaction, I hope you are enjoying the node we gifted you without verification.

I hope you will vote better than some of the smarties here.

Back