• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: Let all the actors (MNOs, Miners, Stakeholders) vote, then take into account only MNOs

Let all the actors to vote, just for statistical reasons while their vote does not count.

• Total voters
<vote history>
Let all the actors to vote, just for statistical reasons while their vote does not count.
yes 2 vote(s) 28.6%
no 4 vote(s) 57.1%
other 0 vote(s) 0.0%
'yes, but let them vote by contributing on the forum and self-identifying which actor they are 1 vote(s) 14.3%
</vote history>

I think that, after the mess that is happening nowdays, the community must reconsider the dogma that the masternode owners should be the ones who decide about Dash's future.

At least give a chance for all actors to record their opinion, so that in the future we will see who was right and who was wrong.

This is dumb.

So you are afraid for the opinion of the rest actors to be recorded?
Why you are so afraid of it?
Maybe because the historical records will prove who was right and who was wrong?

<vote history>
yes 2 vote(s) 25.0%
no 5 vote(s) 62.5%
other 0 vote(s) 0.0%
'yes, but let them vote by contributing on the forum and self-identifying which actor they are 1 vote(s) 12.5%
</vote history>

This is a nice example where all actors are recorded.
https://vote.bitcoin.com/

Of course the poll results that this site is calculating is towards the POS point of view.
But as long as the votes are recorded, nothing prevents someone to do an improvement and present the results of the polls from the point of view of separate actors.

So the first step, record all actors, is achieved in https://vote.bitcoin.com/

Last edited:
Well, why don't you just create a site like that? (just FYI, I wound't use it)

Because I think that this should happen officialy. All opinions must be gathered together, in an official and indisputable way, so that we could compare them without the doubt that someone is cheating, altering or changing those opinions. The gathering of the opinions should be done officialy by the Dash "state". It should not be an initiative of a private citizen like me.

Thats why a proposal should be added into the budget system.

I wish I could have 0.33 dash into my account, in order to be able to add this proposal into the budget system. But I have not, and I have not found yet someone who wants to offer me some work to do, in order to gain this remaining of 0.23 dash (in order to reach the 0.33 dash amount into my account).

So, do you have some work to offer me, and pay me 0,23 dash for it?

Last edited:
Because I think that this should happen officialy. All opinions must be gathered together, in an official and indisputable way, so that we could compare them without the doubt that someone is cheating, altering or changing those opinions. The gathering of the opinions should be done officialy by the Dash "state". It should not be an initiative of a private citizen like me.

Thats why a proposal should be added into the budget system.

I wish I could have 0.33 dash into my account, in order to be able to add this proposal into the budget system. But I have not, and I have not found yet someone who wants to offer me some work to do, in order to gain this remaining of 0.23 dash (in order to reach the 0.33 dash amount into my account).

So, do you have some work to offer me, and pay me 0,23 dash for it?

Actually, I'm thinking maybe dash needs a completely independent auditor and something like this would fit with that independent position i.e. a neutral voice that can recommend what the various stakeholders want.

Actually, I'm thinking maybe dash needs a completely independent auditor and something like this would fit with that independent position i.e. a neutral voice that can recommend what the various stakeholders want.

The votes should be recorded into the masternodes.
Although the votes cannot be counterfeitered (because of the PKI technology) someone may claim that some votes are deleted (or they are false) and thus the result has no real value. Thats why an independent auditor will not be accepted easily by the masternodes.

The target is the masternodes themselves. Those are the ones that should be convinced that a specific actor may decide better than they are. Thats why the masternodes are the ones who should host the votes, into a clustered sychronized database. And this requires a proposal of course.

Last edited:
It should not be an initiative of a private citizen like me.

Dashcentral.org is not an "official" initiative.
Dashvotetracker.com is not an "official" initiative.
Dashous.com is not an "official" initiative.
Dashnation.com is not an "official" initiative.
WeLoveDash.com is not an "official" initiative.

This is a decentralized project. Anyone can contribute and add value without permission from any "officials". Aren't you the one promoting the anti-authoritative stance here?

Dashcentral.org is not an "official" initiative.
Dashvotetracker.com is not an "official" initiative.
Dashous.com is not an "official" initiative.
Dashnation.com is not an "official" initiative.
WeLoveDash.com is not an "official" initiative.

This is a decentralized project. Anyone can contribute and add value without permission from any "officials". Aren't you the one promoting the anti-authoritative stance here?

Yes of course. But all those projects are just aggregators. All the information they gather resides into the culstered synchronized databases of the masternodes.

Voting is a troll issue, it is enough to have a tiny doubt about the procedure, and the whole thing is canceled. This is also the reason why electronic voting is not yet implemented in almost any real life state. Voting is a troll issue, and when we deal with it we must take all precautions required in order nobody to be able to troll about it.

The site you linked, vote.bitcoin.com, solved that issue with cryptography: The more coins you own the louder your voice. You can't "troll" that system by faking more Bitcoin than you actually have. If the site fakes voting outcomes anyone will be able to see that on the blockchain and they will damage their reputation massively.

The site you linked, vote.bitcoin.com, solved that issue with cryptography: The more coins you own the louder your voice. You can't "troll" that system by faking more Bitcoin than you actually have. If the site fakes voting outcomes anyone will be able to see that on the blockchain and they will damage their reputation massively.

If I was the sysadmin of https://vote.bitcoin.com/, I could troll the system by deleting votes.
This is the flaw of their system, and a subject to troll.

To solve this flaw, a clustered sychronized database is required. A database that is owned by more than one persons so that if someone deletes a vote, everyone else will observe it. We already have this infrastructure, it is called masternodes.

Last edited:
If I was the sysadmin of https://vote.bitcoin.com/, I could troll the system by deleting votes.
This is the flaw of their system, and a subject to troll.

Thats why a clustered sychronized database is required, that is owned by more than one persons.
We already have this infrastructure, it is called masternodes.

Interesting. So you found a way to delete information from the blockchain of every network participant's hard drive. Looking forward to your whitepaper!

Interesting. So you found a way to delete information from the blockchain of every network participant's hard drive. Looking forward to your whitepaper!

You misunderstood me. I didnt said that. I said the reverse.

In order for nobody to be able to delete votes, votes must be recorded into a clustered sychronized database owned by more than one persons. We already have such an infrastructure, and it is called masternodes.

Thats why this proposal targets masternodes, and not an independant individual. An independant is going to built a centralized infrastructure and thus he will be free to delete votes, without the voter to be able to prove that his vote is deleted.

You misundestood me. I didnt said that. I said the reverse.

How could I have misunderstood you? It was exactly what you said:

In order for nobody to be able to delete votes, a clustered sychronized database is required.
Which is exactly what's being done there. Voters sign a message with their Bitcoin holdings. Where do you think the signature is stored? On that website?!

Which is exactly what's being done there. Voters sign a message with their Bitcoin holdings. Where do you think the signature is stored? On that website?!

Yes this is what I believed. Where the signatures (and the proposals) of https://vote.bitcoin.com/ are stored? Into the bitcoin blockchain? I think not...Prove me I am wrong.

Last edited:
Yes.

You can store anything on the blockchain. It's a permissionless ledger. Satoshi stored a newspaper headline in the genesis block. People store marriage vows on the blockchain. Storing an unforgeable, immutable casting of votes is just another use case.

Yes.

You can store anything on the blockchain. It's a permissionless ledger. Satoshi stored a newspaper headline in the genesis block. People store marriage vows on the blockchain. Storing an unforgeable, immutable casting of votes is just another use case.

Yes I know that, but this is not the case in https://vote.bitcoin.com/.
They do not store their votes and proposals into the bitcoin blockchain, do they?

After discussing with @Macrochip, I think you idea is nice, as long as the independentt auditor will manage to convince people to cast their votes into the dash blockchain.

Then he could built an aggregator site, in order to present that votes.

Last edited:
Back