• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal Discussion: Alex-ru promotional initiatives

What is optimal form and amount of payment

• Total voters

alex-ru

Hey guys,

You may have already notices some of my promotional creativity:

«Alex-ru studio» video production
My DASH photo-bank (unofficial)

+ some articles + some promotional activity on Russian market + ...

As you know, I work for Dash for free + was getting some donations (in 2015 mainly, before decentralized budgeting was implemented). It is OK for me now, but sometimes I need to hire additional people + pay for additional media products to accomplish my tasks - so there are still some expenses that have to be covered…

So this Proposal is intended to reimburse such expenses for me.

I’m Russian - so it is most convenient for me to operate with Russian promos - but I see DASH need International expansion, not only Russian. And I can hire and manage actors and other freelancers on other languages - not a problem.

I am not intend to make any complex and expensive Marketing or PR compaigns (and basicly oriented on promo production, not distribution [it’s a space for community - in distribution]). My moto is “Maximum effectivness for free or with minimum expenses”. So I don’t have any particular tasks and budgets to accomplish. You decide what will be the budget (my suggestion is 200 DASH for nearest months) - I will just care about it will be spent the most effective (in my opinion) way.

My current plans of spending money from this proposals are:
  1. I have “-160 USD” expanses from my previous initiatives that weren’t compensated by donations. I want to reimburse them.
  2. I want to create some “local” promo-videos: in Russian, Chinese, Spanish and other important languages.
  3. I want to create some additional small promo Graphics, Texts, Voiceovers, Videos (International and local) so everybody can use it to promote DASH worldwide.
  4. ...
These days it is hard to say if DASH/USD is going to be 3.00, 7.00 or 11.00 after month or two - so I am planning to keep all budget of this project in DASH and calculate expenses in USD only when actual expenses is happening…

Also, I am planning always keep actual report on forum - about particular expenses. You would be able to criticize it, made suggestions and so on. :)

If it is Recurent payments and I will feel it is hard for me to spent it compleatly - I will ask you to vote it down.

If it’s hard to trust me - we may ask let say tungfa to recive/control this budget for me - not a problem at all.

Please don’t estimate this proposal as a way to support me (because I am not going to earn money from it) - If you really want to support me personally (directly) - just send me some tips to my personal DASH address from my signature. :)

So if you don’t like the idea - please don’t hesitate to tell me about it and save me 5 DASH for proposal submission - it wouldn’t hurt me at all (one more time - this proposal for me is additional duty - not an additional way of money earning). Also, I would be happy if somebody else can do the same (instead of me or in addition to my efforts).

Thanks for all suggestions and so on! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Your videos are really nice, I'll also support you.
I voted for a 1 time payment, and I think you'll have more chance to make it pass like this. (With this nice uptrend we have who know where price will be in 1, 6 or 12 months?

1 time payment of 300 dash is my vote. I see the work you do, it's a perfect example of how to contribute to this project. You don't wait for people to hand you tasks, rather you take initiative and make shit happen. 300 dash isn't enough but it's the most I can vote for. Please make your proposal I will happily show my support.

Same here, 1 time payment of 300 dash. Always enjoy your promotional video/article, easy for people to understand. I guess it's exactly what we need to share with people who don't familiar with DASH or cryptocurrency.
BTW, many of Chinese investors really like the video you made. So please submit your proposal, got your back.:wink:

Let's show the community we appreciate and support these types of people and want them to keep up the great work and invite others to do the same! Vote Yes!

Hey guys,

You may have already notices some of my promotional creativity:

«Alex-ru studio» video production
My DASH photo-bank (unofficial)

+ some articles + some promotional activity on Russian market + ...

As you know, I work for Dash for free + was getting some donations (in 2015 mainly, before decentralized budgeting was implemented). It is OK for me now, but sometimes I need to hire additional people + pay for additional media products to accomplish my tasks - so there are still some expenses that have to be covered…

So this Proposal is intended to reimburse such expenses for me.

I’m Russian - so it is most convenient for me to operate with Russian promos - but I see DASH need International expansion, not only Russian. And I can hire and manage actors and other freelancers on other languages - not a problem.

I am not intend to make any complex and expensive Marketing or PR compaigns (and basicly oriented on promo production, not distribution [it’s a space for community - in distribution]). My moto is “Maximum effectivness for free or with minimum expenses”. So I don’t have any particular tasks and budgets to accomplish. You decide what will be the budget (my suggestion is 200 DASH for nearest months) - I will just care about it will be spent the most effective (in my opinion) way.

My current plans of spending money from this proposals are:
  1. I have “-160 USD” expanses from my previous initiatives that weren’t compensated by donations. I want to reimburse them.
  2. I want to create some “local” promo-videos: in Russian, Chinese, Spanish and other important languages.
  3. I want to create some additional small promo Graphics, Texts, Voiceovers, Videos (International and local) so everybody can use it to promote DASH worldwide.
  4. ...
These days it is hard to say if DASH/USD is going to be 3.00, 7.00 or 11.00 after month or two - so I am planning to keep all budget of this project in DASH and calculate expenses in USD only when actual expenses is happening…

Also, I am planning always keep actual report on forum - about particular expenses. You would be able to criticize it, made suggestions and so on. :)

If it is Recurent payments and I will feel it is hard for me to spent it compleatly - I will ask you to vote it down.

If it’s hard to trust me - we may ask let say tungfa to recive/control this budget for me - not a problem at all.

Please don’t estimate this proposal as a way to support me (because I am not going to earn money from it) - If you really want to support me personally (directly) - just send me some tips to my personal DASH address from my signature. :)

So if you don’t like the idea - please don’t hesitate to tell me about it and save me 5 DASH for proposal submission - it wouldn’t hurt me at all (one more time - this proposal for me is additional duty - not an additional way of money earning). Also, I would be happy if somebody else can do the same (instead of me or in addition to my efforts).

Thanks for all suggestions and so on! :)
You have my support Alex, and that awesome video is now on Dash Nation:

https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/714565215048900609

And going forward Alex would you mind putting up some sort of "dash per hour" cost to your services? I'm sure we could start some sort of mini economy around here if everyone had a "going rate" for their skill set so that organized projects have places to look for helpful community members! I would love to commission you for a video down the road for my whatisdash.org website and pricing is always helpful :p

Alex, the artist, the king of new york.
Keep em coming

Thanks.
In fact I am more "manager" than "artist" - so I really interested in any possibilities of
attracting external artists, actors, voice-talents and so on - to work on DASH promotional material (but only those of them who are ready to work extremely inexpensive - don't forget I am in Russian and have some special ways to make things done in inexpensive way). If anybody knows any suitable talents to work "for me, for Dash" - please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back