• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

(Pre-Proposal) DASHPayCard - DASH Branded Debit Card + Fiat/Dash Integration

Coinizy CEO here. Charlie, I really appreciate all your efforts for both BTC & Dash communities, but you might want to credit us the next time you deliberately use our 2015 virtual bitcoin debit card design to craft yours (https://d1ueyc5nx1it61.cloudfront.net/939ebe5717041001104.png) . Thanks, and keep up the good crypto work
Yannick
Are you serious? You designed a card that looks like the map of the world, and now you are claiming your design was stolen. What were you expecting? You should've expected this to happen when you copied the design of the world atlas.

PROPOSAL IS LIVE: https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DASHPAYCARD-DEBIT-CARD

Manually vote YES on this proposal (DashCore - Tools - Debugconsole):
gobject vote-many 4c42350252e150904635ef6780e09d5f5b015660c104a94798a2a342270642df funding yes

Manually vote NO on this proposal (DashCore - Tools - Debugconsole):
gobject vote-many 4c42350252e150904635ef6780e09d5f5b015660c104a94798a2a342270642df funding no

Hey All!

After speaking to many in the DASH community and business development team, I've decided to make a pre-proposal and I'm excited to announce the creation of the DASHPayCard! In addition, I will be working to integrate DASH into Payza for a fiat to DASH gateway.

Card_Front.png
(This may not be the final design, but the one I'm working with. If you can create a better one please message me!)

How it Works

I've partnered with Payza.com to launch this card. In 2014 I partnered with them to add direct Bitcoin buying/selling - http://www.coindesk.com/payza-launches-bitcoin-buying-consumers-190-countries/

The card will be available to residents of 106 countries, including the USA. It will be issued by a USA bank and have a chip and pin. You can have the card denominated in USD, EUR, and others.

I've purchased DASHPayCard.com and I will build and maintain the project.

To purchase the card, you will create an account, get verified through KYC and then purchase. The card itself will cost between $10-$20 and the fee's to use the card will be low. I'll update this thread when I have more information.

Direct Integration for fiat <--> Dash

I will work with the Payza development team to integrate the ability to sell DASH onto the card and buy DASH as well. Payza supports hundreds of countries and has local payment options like credit card, bank transfer, ect. Now everyone can buy DASH using any of these payment methods directly on their account.

Payza-Bitcoin-Deposit-21.png

Right now, where it says Bitcoin there will be another option for DASH.

It will be on Add Funds and Withdraw Funds.

Profit Sharing

I'm not 100% sure how this will work. Basically, there is a revenue share that will accumulate from fees to use the card. After talking to the DASH biz dev team, we want to pass the profit back onto the masternodes, miners and community. Would love your feedback on how to do this!

OR

We could just use the funds from the profit share to make the fees lower. I need to ask them about this.
Seems like this idea is the most favored. I will negotiate the rev share and then use that to make the card price and fees as cheap as possible.

Presentation_Slide.jpg

Proposal Terms

I'm asking for 450 DASH which will cover a 3 month budget

The costs will cover the following:

- Initial 1 time card program fee is 150 DASH
- Development costs and maintenance 75 DASH per month.
- Customer support is 25 DASH per month.

I estimate that I can get the cards into your hands in 3 months. After that, I can do a 6 months to 1 year proposal for program maintenance.

- I will also provide weekly status updates.

Who am I?

I co-founded one of the earliest and largest Bitcoin companies BitInstant and the Bitcoin Foundation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Shrem

Looking for your feedback!

Charlie Shrem

wonderful job.

I think you can include "DIGITAL CASH" under DASH for better marketting.

I wouldn't hold your breath for any detailed update. But he did mention something in slack a month or so ago. See here:

http://i.imgur.com/lb8Ffyo.png

That says nothing though, all it says is he has an article about the card. If he has time to do an article how about taking the time to update stakeholders and the masternodes that voted yes.

Edit: Sorry i only read the highlighted bit. So there was an update a month after the project was accepted but nothing since then. It seems work had been done however that information was not communicated in here but merely on slack. Some of my concerns have been addressed

I think under US law the profit sharing would be bribery. The Masternodes are a grant issuing board and your rewards are included in the masternode system.

I think under US law the profit sharing would be bribery. The Masternodes are a grant issuing board and your rewards are included in the masternode system.

As I recall, the final solution was to use the "profit sharing" to just reduce the cost of using the card to the bare minimum, not to give any money to the MN's.

As I recall, the final solution was to use the "profit sharing" to just reduce the cost of using the card to the bare minimum, not to give any money to the MN's.

And this should be the case for all proposal that bring additionnal profits to themselves (aside from the direct money they get from the network I mean) - that will be the way to keep instantsend and privatesend fees close to 0

There was a pretty fruitful discussion over on slack with Charlie about the risk of poorly aligned incentives. One tiny part of that conversation was, it usually turns out bad when people can vote themselves money directly. It can easily degenerate into, "Well, we won't pass any proposals that don't give us a direct kickback, Ummmm I mean profit sharing." That's bribery basically.

Back