• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal - DASH Returns to National Broadcast Radio

We did report on the chain outage last night, as it's important to keep listeners informed. Looks like blocks are being produced again according to the post from @dashpay on twitter and 80% of MNs are upgraded to 19.1.

So, does that mean it's safe to tell listeners that they can transact again? It sounds like it, but I figured I'd check in here.
If they are using a light wallet, they should have no problem, full nodes have to wait for either a reindex or fresh sync before transacting, but it would still be safe if they could transact, they just can't until they've completed their install process, my node has to go for a full sync, so I have to wait, but yes, Dash is up and running and it is safe to transact.

Spoke too soon, apparently Edge Wallet has not updated their Electrum servers for Dash yet. But I was able to use Atomic DEX, they came into Dash Discord yesterday and got their servers up quickly. I was able to do an onchain swap between Dash & LTC earlier today. Also receiving reports that BitRefill has not updated their Electrum.

Last edited:
We did report on the chain outage last night, as it's important to keep listeners informed. Looks like blocks are being produced again according to the post from @dashpay on twitter and 80% of MNs are upgraded to 19.1.

So, does that mean it's safe to tell listeners that they can transact again? It sounds like it, but I figured I'd check in here.
Yeah, all works fine again.
Dash network is updated on almost 93%.

Spoke too soon, apparently Edge Wallet has not updated their Electrum servers for Dash yet. But I was able to use Atomic DEX, they came into Dash Discord yesterday and got their servers up quickly. I was able to do an onchain swap between Dash & LTC earlier today. Also receiving reports that BitRefill has not updated their Electrum.
Bitrefill brought back the Dash payments.
Edge responded me on DM on Twitter Tuesday evening: "We will be fixing this in a release very soon."

Bonnie was able to send some DASH from Edge on iOS last night.

Also, thank you for the renewal! We will come back with a three month proposal, per feedback from the comments.

The next, now quarterly, proposal is up, still at just 32 DASH per month: https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DASHFTLJUL-SEP2023

Coming up this Saturday night, we welcome DASH's lead strategist Rion Sovereign to the show as he is wanting to discuss how to phase out the banking system, a topic near and dear to our hearts. Interview should start shortly after 7:06pm Eastern. You can watch it live at https://watch.freetalklive.com or just listen to our audio streams at https://listen.freetalklive.com

Interview with Rion was so good we spent two of our three hours on it! If you missed it live, you can watch it here:
or listen via MP3:

Interview with Rion was so good we spent two of our three hours on it! If you missed it live, you can watch it here:
or listen via MP3:
Legend.

I've been catching up on the show sometimes on Youtube and I love the show, even though I am from Australia and much of it is not relevant to me here. Keep up the good work!

Update:

Earlier this month, after the news came out that DASH DIRECT was shutting down, given we had a DASH DIRECT ad running, it was replaced with one saying that it wasn't the only way to get gift cards with Dash at a discount, and then introduced Bitrefill as another option.

Coming up, once trading has begun, we'll start talking about Maya Protocol's addition of DASH.

Also, a co-host has just signed up for Spritz.finance so we may give them some love once someone has some familiarity with it.

Any other exciting new things I'm missing?

Thank you for the continued support.

Update:

Earlier this month, after the news came out that DASH DIRECT was shutting down, given we had a DASH DIRECT ad running, it was replaced with one saying that it wasn't the only way to get gift cards with Dash at a discount, and then introduced Bitrefill as another option.

Coming up, once trading has begun, we'll start talking about Maya Protocol's addition of DASH.

Also, a co-host has just signed up for Spritz.finance so we may give them some love once someone has some familiarity with it.

Thank you for the continued support.
This is sounds excellent! Yep, MAYA introduced Dash on mainnet today, so trading is technically available, although they are still ironing out some issues in the various front ends. Spritz is major win for US residents and Bitrefill is a good replacement for DashDirect.

Maya Protocol's addition of DASH? Who decided that shit? This is an initiative (can be considered almost private initiative) that was introduced by a Dash strategist of Incubator.

What is missing? You should first start commenting the proposals of the dash budget system (including yours) that have passed the 10% threshold.

I mean, you commented this Maya shit that (almost) nobody decided about it, and you tottaly ignore mnowatch.org that has the majority of MNOs agree with it! Are you a bloody agent or what?

Last edited:
Hi Vazaki,

Perhaps you don't really understand these promotions. Our audience is a general audience that listens to talk radio stations. They are not masternode owners, hence their interest in the individual proposals that are being considered by masternode operators is approximately zero.

However, we DO talk about the DASH DAO and how it was the world's first. We do explain how masternode holders vote on proposals every month, so it is something we talk about, just not in micro detail.

Our goal is to talk about the cool stuff that makes DASH special, like its focus on being useful for actually buying and selling, so we talk about its features as well as some of the cool ways it can be used in the market like BitRefill. When we talk about how easy it is to get DASH, I'm now mentioning that it's on the decentralized Maya Protocol, which is super cool, IMO. I'm a big fan of Thorchain and its friendly fork, Maya. Decentralization is the DASH ethos - and the original crypto ethos - so Maya is a great addition since people can swap BTC and ETH for DASH without asking anyone's permission or KYC.

These are important things for people to know about so when they are ready to buy crypto, they think about DASH.

That is what we are doing here..

However, we DO talk about the DASH DAO and how it was the world's first. We do explain how masternode holders vote on proposals every month, so it is something we talk about, just not in micro detail.

Are you talking about the DASH DAO, without saying a single word about mnowatch.org? Mnowatch.org is one of the most important parts of the DASH DAO. It keeps ALL the votes of the Dash DAO, since 2017. And there are a lot of other usefull tools into mnowatch.org, that make the Dash DAO unique, compared to other DAOs.

How comes and you keep ignoring mnowatch in yout talks? That is at least suspicious!

Looks like a really useful website for someone who wants to dig in deep to MNO goings-on, though it looks very 90s. Might be worth you calling in to explain why it's so handy, but I can't see regularly mentioning it as part of the ad campaign. You have to remember who the audience is. I think it's sufficient to generally describe how the DAO works and talk about it being the world's first. We don't need to get too technical.

Looks like a really useful website for someone who wants to dig in deep to MNO goings-on, though it looks very 90s. Might be worth you calling in to explain why it's so handy, but I can't see regularly mentioning it as part of the ad campaign. You have to remember who the audience is. I think it's sufficient to generally describe how the DAO works and talk about it being the world's first. We don't need to get too technical.

I dont care of what you think. And you have better consider of what the MNOs are thinking, if you want your proposal to succeed. The MNOs put the mnowatch.org proposal as the most popular one.

So you have better mention mnowatch in your talks, if not regularly, at least ONCE, in order to prove that you are not a filthy agent!

And stop obeying to the obscure Dash members who are making you advertise their bullshits. Because you are going to sink together with them into to the pit of oblivion.

Last edited:
lol, here's the proof I'm not an agent:

I'm currently facing 20 years in prison after the feds raided my house partially over selling BTC and DASH in crypto vending machines.

As I said, feel free to call in and tell us why MNOwatch is so useful. I'm on personally Thursday and Saturday nights, so I recommend you call then. Our call-in number is 603-283-6160 and we are on 7-10pm Eastern.

Back