• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: DASH FOR SUPER NEWBIES BLOG + YOUTUBE MARKET TESTING

stellabelle

For those who would rather learn about my pre-proposal in video form, here's the link my video that explains it:

NEW PROPOSAL TERMS
FROM TONS OF FEEDBACK IN SLACK:

ONE MONTH, 30 DASH. I'd be putting in full-time hours.

(One month allows the Dash community to assess my effectiveness and see results.)

3 Medium articles per week plus YouTube market channel testing. Additionally, I will do social media (as I have been doing) on Twitter, Facebook and Steemit sharing useful Dash content with people everywhere on the internet and in my entrepreneur Facebook Group called Choose Yourself.

Leveraging my existing Medium follower base, I will write 3 extremely high quality Dash articles per week and post them to my Medium and Steemit accounts. Some of them will also be submitted to the Hackernoon publication since I’m already a contributing writer for them.

I will then share these to Twitter, and create weekly Twitter Moments. Not sure what a Twitter Moment is? Click here to see the one I created about Dash.

The three articles I wrote about Dash last week have done extremely well, in terms of being shared on Twitter, analytics data and also a few people told me they joined the Dash slack channel because of my articles. Here’s a look at some analytics for the DASH articles on Medium:

robtstatsoverall.jpg

robotstats.jpg

robotstats2.jpg

For the Hackernoon publication, I’ll create tech-savvy articles similar to the one I wrote recently titled, I Just Told A Robot To Send A $60 Tip To My Electronic Wallet. And here's The Super Newbie Survival Guide To Dash article that was shared widely on Twitter.

I’ll also be writing articles similar to this example title:

DASH SUPER NEWBIES: What’s The Easiest Way To Convert Dash To Dollars?

Most of the articles will be formatted in the Q & A style, and special emphasis will be placed on asking regular people their main questions about Dash and then turning their questions into blog posts. This will be done for SEO reasons, as most people just type in questions they need answered in Google. The closer my articles are to the questions that everyone is asking about Dash, the higher up they will appear in search results.

Also, the articles will be written in a very clear, easy to understand manner with hand-picked images and custom-made infographics. To give you an idea of what the infographics would look like, here’s my pre-proposal infographic:
dashpreproposal.jpg

My main focus with this project will be attracting tech-savvy people who are influential in their respective fields. The people on Medium fit this demographic and here’s a quote that describes them:

“..Medium’s audience is made up mostly of the sort of educated, upwardly mobile, and media savvy people who like to ponder the future of technology or the cultural significance of the Coachella music festival. A full 95% of Medium's readers are college graduates, and 43% of them earn six figures or more.” -NV

I think women will be naturally attracted to my content. Bringing more women into Dash’s ecosystem is definitely key to mainstream adoption.

As you probably know, "women account for 85% of all consumer purchases including everything from autos to health care:*

91% of New Homes

66% PCs

92% Vacations

80% Healthcare

65% New Cars

89% Bank Accounts

93% Food

93 % OTC Pharmaceuticals

58% of Total Online Spending

Boomer Women and Affluence – One huge, affluent segment wields more spending clout than any other: Baby-Boomer women. Born between 1946 and 1964, these women represent a portion of the buying public no marketer can afford to ignore. With successful careers, investments made during the “boom” years, and inheritances from parents or husbands, they are more financially empowered than any previous generation of women.” – Mary Brown, Carol Orsborn, Ph.D., Marketing to the Ultimate Power Consumer—The Baby-Boomer Woman

TESTING TWO DIFFERENT BRANDED YOUTUBE CHANNELS:

In addition to the 3 weekly articles, I’ll create 2 different YouTube channels that contain similar content but are branded differently. Approximately 3 videos will be created for each channel for testing purposes.

1. DASH SUPER NEWBIES (I’ll secure these accounts soon)

Branding: Futuristic, tech-savvy themed.

2. DASH FOR GRANDMAS

dashforgrandmasmall.jpg

Branding: retro-style, humorous, for absolute beginners. (In case the DASH For Grandmas channel is successful, I’ve already created the accounts on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook.)

Though the use of analytics and asking people which channel they like the best, one of these YouTube channels can be developed for the future. Special emphasis will be placed on the timing of the videos to correspond with the release of Evolution. As these videos are created and analytics become available, this data will be presented to Dash Nation and Masternode network for feedback and evaluation. We could decide as a community which direction to go.

Please provide any feedback that you think would make my proposal successful. I'm very flexible with everything including the titles, so if you have a preference, let me know. "DASH For Super Newbies" or "DASH Super Newbies"? The reason I have picked the phrase, "Super Newbies" is based on the success of one of my articles that went viral on Twitter for nearly a year. It's titled, Survival Guide For Super Newbie Writers.

I look forward to hearing your ideas and suggestions.

For more information about my work background click here.

My social media links:

YouTube

Twitter

Steemit

Medium

Hackernoon

Linkedin

Thank you,

Leah Stephens / @stellabelle

Last edited:
Hey! If you can do the same work for DASH as you did with STEEM, I think you will succeed in this! Good luck!

Thanks Charlie! Yeah, I can do it, in fact I've already started from last week........writing about DASH because of inspiration. The community turned out to be what I have been looking for! Great to see you in here! Small world!

On general I like the proposal. Your piece on Hackermoon was wonderfully written and I think you would be an asset to DASH. As such, I think it will come down to price. Considering that I think DASH going to continue to rise in the next few months 40-50 DASH for the stated 3 months would get my votes.

On general I like the proposal. Your piece on Hackermoon was wonderfully written and I think you would be an asset to DASH. As such, I think it will come down to price. Considering that I think DASH going to continue to rise in the next few months 40-50 DASH for the stated 3 months would get my votes.

Thanks for your feedback, that helped a lot. I'll be adjusting it to 45 as per your suggestion.

I like that you have some experience in the various media and will be working a testing strategy. That's important if you are to increase your effectiveness. A 3-month proposal showing deliverables seems good to me.

I like that you have some experience in the various media and will be working a testing strategy. That's important if you are to increase your effectiveness. A 3-month proposal showing deliverables seems good to me.

Thanks. I'm extremely interested in analytics, so I'll be giving those metrics regularly to the network. I appreciate your comment, so thanks for adding your voice.

my concern is all these new channels
it is easy to start them but hard to maintain ! (specially more YT channels )
i run all social media pages here and wonder in which name these new channels will be run and what happens after the 3 month
we have / had many suggestions like this tbh - and people start new channels and outlets and after 3 month they ether drop them on me (hoping i will maintain them - but i prefer 1 big one in each outlet than spamming with multiple) or they fall dead
any feedback please - tx

my concern is all these new channels
it is easy to start them but hard to maintain ! (specially more YT channels )
i run all social media pages here and wonder in which name these new channels will be run and what happens after the 3 month
we have / had many suggestions like this tbh - and people start new channels and outlets and after 3 month they ether drop them on me (hoping i will maintain them - but i prefer 1 big one in each outlet than spamming with multiple) or they fall dead
any feedback please - tx

I would consider these to be an independent effort. Think Jerry Banfield -- the channels would just be her own channels, doesn't have to be "official" or anything that has to be maintained if she drops it (unless somebody wants to). But I'm sure she can weigh in on this --

No, I would be running the one that turns out to be more successful. I already run my own YouTube channel from 2008 and I have built all kinds of channels, pages and other social media sites for people. I'm looking at building a long-term YouTube channel for a specific Dash audience, as a way to reach more people in a different way. It would not be the official Dash channel at all. I'm thinking more along entertaining + educational, a bit more relaxed type of channel actually. You would not have to be involved, as I intend to follow through on building it up. I'm leaning towards the Dash For Grandmas concept since it would be completely different from a standard channel and would serve the needs of a completely different demographic.

After speaking with many people in slack tonight, they urged me to do a one month proposal, so people can see what I can do. This seems reasonable, so I have changed to one month, and 30 dash. This way, people can feel comfortable trying me out.
I hope that answers your questions.

Last edited:
I would consider these to be an independent effort. Think Jerry Banfield -- the channels would just be her own channels, doesn't have to be "official" or anything that has to be maintained if she drops it (unless somebody wants to). But I'm sure she can weigh in on this --

Exactly, the channels would still be mine, as an independent creator, but Dash would be the topic. It's kinds of a merger of independent creative and a company, like a unique offering in the decentralized world. As long as I have constant feedback from Dash community but am allowed creative freedom, I feel that this could be a powerful combination. I did a lot of Steemit videos that people found quite entertaining.....This would be a more significant endeavor that I am quite focused on.

One Month 30 Dash sounds like a smart "hello world".
Look forward to seeing the results.

Back