• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: business integration into retail sector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. The money should just be diverted to Evolution development or for Bitpay integration instead. Sorry
Have we said that money should be taken from the Evolution development budget? I don't think so. We ask for money on a different project from a general budget, which is used not only on Evolution. Am I right?

One aspect of BlockPay I do not like is that they take a .5% or 1% fee (I've read or heard both). If you can integrate with ERPNext where users can opt to simply store dash in their own wallet you got a deal. It's the best open source and free enterprise solution for businesses I could find.

1. Who will hold the UAH on behalf of the seller?
2. What exchange will be used? What are the daily volumes? What daily transaction volumes do you expect from this POS integration?

One aspect of BlockPay I do not like is that they take a .5% or 1% fee (I've read or heard both). If you can integrate with ERPNext where users can opt to simply store dash in their own wallet you got a deal. It's the best open source and free enterprise solution for businesses I could find.

Agreed, commissions are not so appealing at all but they are certainly lower than Visa (if we're talking from the point of merchant).
If we're talking from the point of customer, then currently only Steem doesn't have any commission on the network.
I'm waiting for Dash Evolution where they want to eliminate commissions for ordinary customers, it will be awesome.

In our case businesses will not store any crypto, they will receive hard cash using our system because they have to pay taxes somehow.
Clients on the other hand can store Dash wherever they want, on their favorite wallet.

Why not 3 month proposal at 95 dash per month?

Getting all the money upfront have a lot of MN nervous about people just walking away with the money and not delivering. Rather see updates to release further funds.

Okay, that's a good idea. Thanks for suggestion, really appreciate that.

@TroyDASH , as I promised:

BIG UPDATE: Many members of the community stressed on the need for some exclusiveness for DASH, which is fair, but, unfortunatelly impossible. HOWEVER, @TroyDASH gave some good compromise on this decision: we will integrate DASH and Bitcoin:)
No other alt-coins. This must help us to maintain a healthy payment infrastructure and DASH's exclusive opportunity for this integration

Consider voting "YES" if you want DASH to be integrated into retail economy:)

I wonder why there is so little feedback and so many negative votes?.. If you have any suggestions, please write in the comments. If you like our idea - please vote "YES":)

Actually it's not just an idea, we have already discussed this integration with CEO of Profit Solutions last week (he approved its feasibility and got much interest).

1.Would you be able to get him to confirm it publicly? Maybe he could make a post on linkedin, official facebook account or something along these lines.

2. How will you profit from this?

1) Michael is not on facebook or linkedin but here's his business card. I masked phone number because this is a private info. But you can absolutely verify his website and email. But please don't spam there, it won't look professional.

img_20170516_150339_1024_zpsfbt7nd3a.jpg

IMG_20170516_150347_zpso0cwndh8.jpg

2) All of the transactions will come through our exchange fork.sale. Thus some small commission will be taken to keep the maintenance.
So as you can see it's not as much for profit solution. We won't sell any software or product which is the main key here.

Thanks a lot for your question.

An integration with other software providers I discussed in other comments above.
We're going to make Dash branded hardware, checks and everything that is possible with Dash labels on it.

And yeah, I suppose we'll come up with some strategies to teach people why to use Dash over the Bitcoin.

This is exactly what we do. We integrate with existing Point-of-Sale solutions as an external terminal. The external terminal is a dash-branded hardware terminal....it seems like you haven't thoroughly researched your options.

This is exactly what we do. We integrate with existing Point-of-Sale solutions as an external terminal. The external terminal is a dash-branded hardware terminal....it seems like you haven't thoroughly researched your options.

It's a lot different. We are not going to use ANY external terminal. The beauty of our system is that it does not need ANY external equipment. The only equipment we MIGHT need is to provide the QR code as a bill.

OR, if you're right and we can simply use your software, than how can we install your app into Profit Solutions' system?

Have you successfully implemented you system somewhere and so it actually works somewhere now?

It's a lot different. We are not going to use ANY external terminal. The beauty of our system is that it does not need ANY external equipment.
If it is a lot different, then I sincerely apologize. My goal here is not to stop you or your proposal, but only to let you know it is your duty to make it clear to the masternode owners how you are adding value to the network and what you are doing differently.

Not using an external terminal is a fine solution, if you expect all merchants to use Profit Solutions' system. What about merchants who do not use this system? They will not be able to accept Dash? Something to think about if you want an all-encompassing solution - but if that is not your goal, then consider this point moot.

The only equipment we MIGHT need is to provide the QR code as a bill.
It seems as if you're suggesting that you provide the merchant with a single QR code in order to process payments. There is a flaw in this logic. Now, while you can send multiple payments to the same address, that is not generally an accepted practice due to privacy/security concerns.

So, if you're indeed suggesting that they pay the same address every time, then I can only question your competence on how the system functions.

how can we install your app into Profit Solutions' system?
I'm not familiar with Profit Solutions' system, but as I've said - it is fairly standard practice. If you read the post I've linked for you above, you'll get an idea of how we implement into other systems and then apply that same logic to their system.

For more in-depth technical support with our system you can message me here or on Dash Nation slack.

Have you successfully implemented you system somewhere and so it actually works somewhere now?
Yes, we are currently nearing the end of our BETA testing phase where we are working with real merchants and their current in-store systems.

If you are interested in beta testing, please message me here or on the Dash Nation slack.

Last edited:
Got numbers in private. Satisfied with them.

I am a payments professional that gets pitched lots of 'New! Exciting!' payments methods every year. I even sign contracts with some, but they have to wait for integration because they are not the most profitable use of our Tech resources. Has this proposal shared ANY written contract details with anyone? Maybe I missed it? What evidence is there that this is not well structured and worded Vapor ?

Project Evaluation Committee - Evaluation for proposal
PROPOSAL “BUSINESS_INTEGRATION_INTO_RETAIL_SECTOR“ (ACTIVE)
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Business_integration_into_retail_sector

Disclaimer: I am a normal forum member, and I am not (as yet) part of any (as yet non-existent) PEC. However, I thought it would be helpful to post an evaluation of sorts for this proposal, the scope of which falls under my area of expertise.
This is to demonstrate how a proposal might get some feedback and assessment from someone who has at least some experience in the proposal area. It is very simple, as I don’t have the necessary time to dedicate to a full examination.

The Proposal
(I won’t quote the entire proposal, but I will break this down into my simple understanding what it appears the proposers hope to achieve)

Goal
- The Ukrainian public will be able to use DASH to pay electronically at many outlets for goods and services that are processed using Point of Sale terminals provided by Profit Solutions, initially within the restaurant sector.

The cost
About USD 25,000 (255 DASH)

Timeframe
3 Months

The Evaluation

After looking over the proposal and reading the questions posed and the responses from the proposers I offer the following opinion;

Positives
'Profit Solutions' looks like a real company providing POS terminals.
Dimitry Baimuratov (dmitrybtc) appears to be a real guy, and is a likely genuine cryptocurrency enthusiast.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitriybtc/?ppe=1
https://www.facebook.com/dmitriybtc
https://medium.com/@dmitriybtc
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChZS8WCZF_iudvhH4Pk_Xyw
HoReCa (Restaurant sector) is a good first vertical for integration of DASH POS

Negatives
No independently verifiable or documentary indication that the proposers have met or have an agreement with anyone.
The exchange site that the proposers ‘run' (fork.sale) "that will be used as a fiat gateway for our local currency” purports to exchange Paypal USD to Bitcoin, but doesn’t work. (I was unable to complete a transaction). It also doesn’t support DASH (coming soon!).
https://app.hyfy.io/v/abxEhN8Xb8U/ for a video walkthrough of the site not working.
No documentary evidence of an API that might be used in the $10 000 integration into 'Profit Solutions’
@dmitrybtc has a previous proposal supported and concerns have been raise as to its fulfilment by @alex-ru

Conclusion
Too many unclear details and unanswered questions to be able to recommend this proposal for consideration.
I would not be confident that the proposer could deliver in the timeframe specified in line with the proposal as it stands.

Proposal Initial Remediation steps required for re-evaluation
Documentary evidence of any pertinent agreements with Profit Solutions or any interested Merchants is required.
DASH integration into the exchange fork.sale that will be used as the vehicle for fiat > DASH exchange needs to be completed and verified as working.
Clarity on the contractual entity that will sign an agreement with 'Profit Solutions’ is required.
Clarity on the content of any pertinent commercial agreements relating to the proposal is required.

Once these initial verifications have been provided, another evaluation will commence.

Opinion Based commentary
(This section is my opinion as a Payments professional).

I am the stakeholder and ultimate decision maker in charge of payments integrations for 40-ish eCommerce websites generating €25m+ a month in transactions, and I can't justify the €4000 that it would cost us to integrate DASH at this stage in the coin lifecycle. Bitcoin is very much more developed and I can't justify the €4000 for that either (well I probably could, but I have better (=more profitable) systems on the roadmap at the moment).
If I did integrate, and I used established API integrations from an established company in the space (like Cubits), it would take at least 3 months before go-live (roadmap insertion, technical investigation, prioritisation, integration, QA testing, troubleshooting etc.), as payments is a serious business, and it has to be fully tested before it goes live. And I wouldn't expect to get 1% of transaction uplift in the first 6 months, or even year.
The average salary in Ukraine is about $250 a month (Source) and for a developer lets go crazy and call it $3500 a month (Source Source). $10k for an integration is expensive in this environment. $25k for this project, given the expected real-world impact for the DASH community is expensive.

I am happy for the proposers to respond, and even reach out if they need advice with their proposal.

Err.. Contract with whom?

And what specific details are you looking for?

- In order to process payments the reputable company 'Profit Solutions' should have a legal contract with the payment processor (the proposer) detailing the relationship. They will ostensibly be relying on the proposer to provide a fiat > DASH exchange rate, and settle funds from a DASH transaction into fiat so that it can be paid to the processor, and on to the merchant. You can't do that without a contract.
It needs to details fees, settlement cycle, service agreement, relevant law applicable, lots of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back