• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Poll: MN Voting: Binary or Fractional?

Could we improve voting by switching to fractional votes?

• Total voters

GrandMasterDash

Masternode Owner/Operator
The budget proposals are stirring some heated debates and, while we might be divided, I think the passion is great.

Anyway, reading through some of these debates, I sometimes feel that a simple yes/no vote doesn't always reflect how I feel. I was thinking, maybe our votes should be from zero to one; 0 = no, 1 = yes, and then 9 steps between; 0.1 0.2 0.3 ... 0.9

Thoughts?

I've suggested having fractional votes but I guess fractional votes can mean different things to different people.

Some have suggested allowing everyone to vote based on how many coins they have. For example, a masternode should be able to cast 1000 votes in this scenario. 1 Dash could be worth 1 vote. Or have a masternode be able to cast 1 full vote and allow users to cast 0.001 per coin.

This is what Evan had to say about this type of fractional voting https://dashtalk.org/threads/2nd-tier-lite-nodes.7747/page-7#post-80391

Last edited by a moderator:
i never heard of fuzzy logic in voting system anywhere ever....

if fuzzy logic is applied, then 100 dash Lite Node should yield 1/100 of MN

Am not suggesting Lite Nodes and I'm not suggesting votes based on the number of coins. Was just observing that people may feel ambivalent about some decisions, seeing both pros and cons.

I think we could implement fractional masternode voting (from -1 to 1), but not for the reasons you mentioned. It would serve a need for pooled masternodes so that the votes they cast would better represent their stakeholders.

I think we could implement fractional masternode voting (from -1 to 1), but not for the reasons you mentioned. It would serve a need for pooled masternodes so that the votes they cast would better represent their stakeholders.
It probably could serve both reasons as a solution (shared masternodes and fuzzy logic voting). I like this idea.

Back