• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Niche Market Trade Shows - POS Vendors

joemoraca

I have posted several updates on the pre proposal tread at https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/niche-market-trade-shows-pos-vendors.16705/

I wanted to add this update I provided for Dash Watch as I am not sure when they will publicly launch.

Where is your preferred venue for proposal updates? Forum/proposal comment section/Youtube etc
dash.org forum is where I have posted several updates. (the latest of which I don't think you have seen)

We are happy to post your updates on our site once we go public if you would like to just send them to us rather than posting them yourself
Lets see how that works out. What about pictures?

We notice Alt36 reached out to you have you been able to connect with them further?
As stated in previous update I did talk with them once and agreed that I would leave all cannabis conferences to them as they had entered a conferences proposal after I entered mine. I would like to setup a time to review their POS system once it is ready.

Expenses
Dash price on Sept 16 = $280

Event sponsorship / Exhibit Space: 3 shows @ 10,000 each.= $30,000 = 107.2 Dash
Promotional materials: banners / printed materials / giveaways: $7,000 = 25 Dash
Travel expenses = air 400 / hotel 4 nights 800 x 3 = $3,600 = 13 Dash
Subtotal $40,600 = 145 Dash
10% contingency for Dash price fluctuation and unknowns. $4,060 = 14.5 Dash
5 Dash reimbursement for proposal = 5 Dash
Total: $46,160 = 165 Dash (rounded up)

Have you managed to stay on this budget? Yes
If not could you provide us with an updated budget for the proposal N/A

Is this proposal bearing currency depreciation risk? Yes

Have you kept funds in DASH or already converted to fiat? Some of both

Which trade show(s) have you managed to attend so far?
Craft Beverage Expo details are on forum post

You mentioned in the proposal comment section you would be looking to do 2 after mid January have you decided which events those might be?
Yes I am attending National Retail Federation “Big Show” in mid January and the National Restaurant Association conference in May

Is this proposal on schedule? If not what is the new estimated completion date?
I didn't post a firm schedule. With the current conference list I think it will go through mid June so say June 15 2018

How have your interactions with vendors gone introducing them to DASH? Slow.

Have you managed to successfully convince a vendor(s) to add DASH to their POS system? No not yet.

Have you developed industry specific promotional and educational materials for the events? If so are they viewable anywhere? See https://dash4business.com I will be adding more there before the next conference.

Has the scope of the project increased, remained on scope or decreased? Eg) Planning to go to a different number than the 3 trade events.
Pretty much the same but I will be attending a few other conferences like the Miami Bitcoin conferences to add to the Dash presence there.

Is there any exciting or relevant news regarding your proposal you would like to share with the community?

Nothing exciting except the fact that the Dash core team has hired a new Business Development person that I would like to interact with to see what leads they are working on.

Maybe “relevant” for potential proposal submitters – you really need to have a plan for how you will convert to fiat if needed and what the tax implications are going to be for you personally or your business entity.

I did attend the National Retail Federation "Big Show" in mid Jan. It was a very big event with over 36,000 people attending. The vendor area was huge - all 4 levels of it. I was able to meet with most of the payment processor / POS software vendors there and discuss Dash with them. On average I would say there was "lukewarm" interest. One said they planned on adding crypto this year while several said they were cutting way back on the number of payment options. I have followed up with everyone that seemed to be a reasonable "prospect" and will continue that process.

It was unfortunate that the last day of the conference was when the Bitcoin / crypto market started to go down. At worst a good number of folks are now aware of Dash. I did find several people that were "investors" in crypto and aware of Dash.

I also attended the NA Bitcoin conference in Miami and had the opportunity to discuss Dash with a lot of people ( I had a Dash hoodie and shirt on so that looked official ;-) - the Dash Treasury system is a very strong selling point with other crypto aware people.

I am starting the planning for the National Restaurant Association conference in May.

Joe, glad to see you post, and I hope you are well. I'm a big fan of your work. Keep up the POS system coverage. It would also be great to see you back on Dash Force News doing the hard-hitting proposal followups nobody else has the cojones to do. It's all puff pieces over there. Nobody there has any balls or teeth.

Proposal accountability and POS systems are the two most important things we need at this time and you are the man for those jobs. An in-depth followup with Alt36 would be fantastic.

Joe, glad to see you post, and I hope you are well. I'm a big fan of your work. Keep up the POS system coverage. It would also be great to see you back on Dash Force News doing the hard-hitting proposal followups nobody else has the cojones to do. It's all puff pieces over there. Nobody there has any balls or teeth.

Proposal accountability and POS systems are the two most important things we need at this time and you are the man for those jobs. An in-depth followup with Alt36 would be fantastic.
Thanks for the very kind words. I needed a break from the 3 article deadlines a week with DFN. Perhaps I will find a new home for the proposal reviews I thought they were good to have out there. I certainly agree about POS systems being very important and hope to see Alt36 in the marketplace very soon.

Entirely new there a mass of people who are stuck in the world with no tool's to be the warriors of dimensional space...

The industrys advertising is something that is a real problem ... universal ownership or rollout understanding of products is non igsitant

Back