• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

NEW MEMBERS: Welcome to Dash! Introduce yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow!
What a fast response team ! :)

No bueno on the Jolly Roger with a DASH D on his forehead !
I guess the gothic kids might like that sort of thing, but it still represents piracy on the high seas to me...

I still feel the first thing users view, when selecting 'Wallets' should be, well, wallets !
Perhaps Electrum, QT, then the Evo wallet, which remains under development...
Or even begin by listing mobile wallets ???

...just my opinion... there should be input from more active users than myself...

Best
rc

I'm back with more Newbie type stuff... they should never had taught me how to read !

I just read a little bit about 'the DAO'.
Very interesting how it was developed by or from Ethereum, and crowd-funded to the tune of $150M, which is 3x the market cap of DASH.
Wow !
$150M bucks thought this was a grand concept !
Since May 27th of this year, the exchange article says it has lost 23 % of it's initial value, and is presently listed at $0.1280 with a tad over $6k in trading volume.

I'm new to all this.
I do like DASH.
I'd very much like to know how concepts such as 'the DAO' will progress !

Gosh !
There's an awful lot of interesting things to learn about here in cryptoland !

Best
rc

I got more Newbie stuff ! lol
For lack of a directly suitable DASH thread, I'll post here.

I'm pleased with my new shiny DASH just as much as I am happy about divesting myself of the diminishing value paper Janet prints.
...and I'm generating a flurry of activity at my keyboard attempting to instruct the exchange, which begins with a P and ends with and X.
They made changes. ...since I initially logged on to their roster.
Now there's ETH and DAO trading pairs... go figger !
So I thought I'd look...

Now, my screen keeps locking up telling me 'the script has failed and is not responding and do I want to stop, continue, or de-bug it ?'
And I can't get it out of that mode !

I'm running linux Fedora from a jump drive and all other sites are working fine...

My Newbie problem is there is just NOT a lot of information upon these sites about how someone like me can make best use of them !
Somewhere, they may have a support button, if you can find it, or, get to it !

It's all a test, I'm sure !
To see how many multi-tasking problems I can mangle at once ! lol
Answer... Not Many !

YMMV
rc

Update on all this introduction Newbie type stuff !
My difficulty has disappeared. Gone !
Everything at the P***x is working just dandy, for me... even bought a few hundred coins !
We'll see how it shakes out in the morning...
Best
rc

Yes, YMMV !
:)

As they say in radio, "long time listener, first time caller."

I've been an active follower of all things crypto, particularly Dark...err...Dash (though Bitcoin and Ethereum are jealous lovers too).

Telling my wife "interesting news today..." is usually interrupted with "this is going to be about Dash, isn't it?"

I've been running numerous masternodes since the "early" days, and still remember kicking myself for not buying even more when the price "maxed" at ~$2.

Looking forward to becoming more openly engaged in the community in the days ahead.

I've been an active follower of all things crypto, particularly Dark...err...Dash (though Bitcoin and Ethereum are jealous lovers too).

Telling my wife "interesting news today..." is usually interrupted with "this is going to be about Dash, isn't it?"

I've been running numerous masternodes since the "early" days, and still remember kicking myself for not buying even more when the price "maxed" at ~$2.

Looking forward to becoming more openly engaged in the community in the days ahead.
Hey @snadoh, welcome to the team, always great when long time followers begin to chime in :)

I am real happy with Poloniex crypto exchange !

Had a Newbie kinda problem, put in a support ticket request, got an 'attention reply' the next day, and today, I got an answer which I hope will resolve the problem from my end.
( I have been advised their software will respond best to Google Chrome. )

IMO, Poloniex is at the top of my list for exchanges.
They are well established.
Graphic trading tools are the best I have seen to date.
The TrollBox is entertaining ! :)
Support is responsive, as described above.

...Always looking for improvements... any other options someone would like to advise ?

Best
rc

great to hear :rolleyes:
(not sure if the wife will be happy ;))

I am real happy with Poloniex crypto exchange !

Had a Newbie kinda problem, put in a support ticket request, got an 'attention reply' the next day, and today, I got an answer which I hope will resolve the problem from my end.
( I have been advised their software will respond best to Google Chrome. )

IMO, Poloniex is at the top of my list for exchanges.
They are well established.
Graphic trading tools are the best I have seen to date.
The TrollBox is entertaining ! :)
Support is responsive, as described above.

...Always looking for improvements... any other options someone would like to advise ?

Best
rc
Best not to keep anything on the exchange. I learned that lesson the hard way!

Hi all!

I am new to the community, and am finally ready to jump in!
I have been somewhat involved in Dash, as I am developing a monetizing URL shorterner, and I am currently trialing it with the excellent DashAd service.

I'm in the early stages of issuing an asset on Counterparty, MSTRNODE, which will crowdfund the accquisition of my first masternode.
There are 1000 shares total and each share costs roughly one DASH (in XCP), but I also allow direct DASH purchases. Whatever is left after sale, I will purchase myself (to keep distribution fair), then mass convert all proceeds to DASH to use as masternode escrow.

I will distriubte the masternode revenues to every investor in proportion to the amount of shares held, and if this goes well I will regularly fund new masternodes to be added in,
by issuing MSTRNODE in lots of 1000, and hosting sales such as these.

I plan to put all revenues from my share to good use, facilitating some passive income and helping me bootstrap my URL shortener.

Please let me know if interested and how much you would be willing to purchase! I will make an official cross-forum ICO announcement soon,

including on here, bitcointalk and counterpartytalk.

You can view information about MSTRNODE here:
https://blockscan.com/assetInfo/MSTRNODE

Don't hesitate to message me if you have questions!

Hi all!

I am new to the community, and am finally ready to jump in!
I have been somewhat involved in Dash, as I am developing a monetizing URL shorterner, and I am currently trialing it with the excellent DashAd service.

I'm in the early stages of issuing an asset on Counterparty, MSTRNODE, which will crowdfund the accquisition of my first masternode.
There are 1000 shares total and each share costs roughly one DASH (in XCP), but I also allow direct DASH purchases. Whatever is left after sale, I will purchase myself (to keep distribution fair), then mass convert all proceeds to DASH to use as masternode escrow.

I will distriubte the masternode revenues to every investor in proportion to the amount of shares held, and if this goes well I will regularly fund new masternodes to be added in,
by issuing MSTRNODE in lots of 1000, and hosting sales such as these.

I plan to put all revenues from my share to good use, facilitating some passive income and helping me bootstrap my URL shortener.

Please let me know if interested and how much you would be willing to purchase! I will make an official cross-forum ICO announcement soon,

including on here, bitcointalk and counterpartytalk.

You can view information about MSTRNODE here:
https://blockscan.com/assetInfo/MSTRNODE

Don't hesitate to message me if you have questions!

A master-node derivative. Sounds awesome. So what cut do you take for facilitating the investment?

A master-node derivative. Sounds awesome. So what cut do you take for facilitating the investment?

I don't take a cut per se, as mentioned above my contribution will come from purchasing the remainder. This means my revenue will always be based on the amount of MSTRNODE I hold, which represents the proportion I get from the Masternode rewards. Of course if I want a bigger share in the future, I would buy back from others on the open market.

I don't take a cut per se, as mentioned above my contribution will come from purchasing the remainder. This means my revenue will always be based on the amount of MSTRNODE I hold, which represents the proportion I get from the Masternode rewards. Of course if I want a bigger share in the future, I would buy back from others on the open market.
Sounds like a great idea. Do you have a website link that explains how everything works?

I've made the thread sticky so it doesn't sink.

To all the new members:
  • You are all welcome. Most members are really nice, but there can always be someone who isn't. Don't worry about them.
  • Sometimes written communications may lead to miss interpretations. When in doubt, chose the most favourable interpretation.
  • Crypto in general, and Darkcoin in particular, are complex. Don't worry if you don't understand. Read. Ask. Repeat.
Enjoy, this should be fun!!!
Hi there! New to DASH specifically, not Cryptocurrencies or running servers for coins; I have a dedicated server with bandwidth and performance to spare however I can't imagine where I would come up with 1000 DASH. My X11 contract with Genesis certainly isn't going to cover it! Any thoughts? What have other people in my situation done? I am interested in running a master node but as I said the investment side of things seems to be keeping me from doing so, despite having more than ample resources otherwise. Any advice is greatly welcomed and appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi there! New to DASH specifically, not Cryptocurrencies or running servers for coins; I have a dedicated server with bandwidth and performance to spare however I can't imagine where I would come up with 1000 DASH. My X11 contract with Genesis certainly isn't going to cover it! Any thoughts? What have other people in my situation done? I am interested in running a master node but as I said the investment side of things seems to be keeping me from doing so, despite having more than ample resources otherwise. Any advice is greatly welcomed and appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help.
You might check one of these if you are willing to send your coins to 3rd parties :)

https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1867885

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back