• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

NEW MEMBERS: Welcome to Dash! Introduce yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you sell your litecoin before you sell your bitcoin because I think that litecoin will lose value quicker than bitcoin will.

I sold most of my bitcoin to buy darkcoin but I always have some bitcoin with me and will continue to buy some, because with bitcoin, you can do lot more things...it is the gateway to the cryptocurrency world.

btw, I have sold off most of my litecoin now. :) thanks for the advice.

Hahaha thanks :grin: though any table would do for me, I am just a normal guy. However would love to have more AFK friends to talk to about liberty, financial privacy ect. Most of my "normal" friends don't quite see the urgency of privacy and liberty.

Hey everybody, I Just realized I haven’t introduced myself lol. This might have to do with my desire to stay pseudonymous, emanating from my semi-irrational fear of society/government (hence el gringo). However, reading all the messages in this thread, in particular those of moocowmoo & Bergstrom, gave me some inspiration to still do so and helped me overcome some of my fear :smile:

Here I go: I have joined the forum to learn more about cryptocurrencies, (financial) privacy and to make more friends with similar interests.
Feel free to PM me if you do too.

AFK I am a finance professional. This is kinda ironic because of the fact that I would love to change the financial system so much. This stems from another paradox: the economy.
Wasn’t the main reason of the economy, to promote human welfare though efficient/effective transfer of goods and services?

Considering this, isn't it strange that people use money daily yet they show financial illiteracy? Isn't it weird that if you ask most people, (even mathematicians and physics professors) what money is, that they don't have a clue, even though it is such an integral part of their lives?

I believe we need to balance freedom, privacy and transparency.
Because without privacy there cannot be any real freedom.

Therefore I would say that some of my most valued values :grin: would be balance, transparency, liberty, privacy, efficiency and effectiveness.

Also I don’t believe that (pure) equality can be achieved. Every transaction betweens actors stems from a different need or want and has a different utility for the actors and everybody has different comparative advantages.
However I would like resources to be available to whoever needs them the most, in order to further humanity/ organisms/life/creation in general.
I think Darkcoin can and will help us greatly in that aspect. Thus my support!

Moreover I would love for us to one day be able to escape the box that we call reality / universe. Kinda like a monkey that is able to escape its box. :grin:

My main hobbies are: Philosophy(thinking) Food, Music, Helping friends/ family / others and I like to discover new things and be amazed / surprised.

Last but not least: Happy New Year to all my Darkcoiners!
I would like to wish all of you happiness, good health and success in most of your endeavors in 2015 :smile:

Yours a bit less pseudonymously,

elgringo

Hey everybody, I Just realized I haven’t introduced myself lol. This might have to do with my desire to stay pseudonymous, emanating from my semi-irrational fear of society/government (hence el gringo). However, reading all the messages in this thread, in particular those of moocowmoo & Bergstrom, gave me some inspiration to still do so and helped me overcome some of my fear :smile:

Here I go: I have joined the forum to learn more about cryptocurrencies, (financial) privacy and to make more friends with similar interests.
Feel free to PM me if you do too.

AFK I am a finance professional. This is kinda ironic because of the fact that I would love to change the financial system so much. This stems from another paradox: the economy.
Wasn’t the main reason of the economy, to promote human welfare though efficient/effective transfer of goods and services?

Considering this, isn't it strange that people use money daily yet they show financial illiteracy? Isn't it weird that if you ask most people, (even mathematicians and physics professors) what money is, that they don't have a clue, even though it is such an integral part of their lives?

I believe we need to balance freedom, privacy and transparency.
Because without privacy there cannot be any real freedom.

Therefore I would say that some of my most valued values :grin: would be balance, transparency, liberty, privacy, efficiency and effectiveness.

Also I don’t believe that (pure) equality can be achieved. Every transaction betweens actors stems from a different need or want and has a different utility for the actors and everybody has different comparative advantages.
However I would like resources to be available to whoever needs them the most, in order to further humanity/ organisms/life/creation in general.
I think Darkcoin can and will help us greatly in that aspect. Thus my support!

Moreover I would love for us to one day be able to escape the box that we call reality / universe. Kinda like a monkey that is able to escape its box. :grin:

My main hobbies are: Philosophy(thinking) Food, Music, Helping friends/ family / others and I like to discover new things and be amazed / surprised.

Last but not least: Happy New Year to all my Darkcoiners!
I would like to wish all of you happiness, good health and success in most of your endeavors in 2015 :smile:

Yours a bit less pseudonymously,

elgringo
Very well written. Would you mind if I posted this on my site?

Lol that would make me even less pseudonymous :tongue: hahahaha,
I don't mind as long as you leave out elgringo

Hi Dudes,

I'm seriously considering investing a lot of money into buying Darkcoins and presently am conducting a lot of due diligence. Out of all the alternate currencies out there, this one seems the most promising after Bitcoin because of privacy. When block chain technologies become available, everyone will go to them because they will offer genuine security/privacy. This of course will need discreet currency and so I'm certain all the sites will accept darkcoin coins and this will help shoot up the value.

I did come across an article however from cryptobang, and I'm hoping someone from here can answer it before I start buying darkcoins. Unfortunately I've just registered so I'm unable to provide the link here.

Many thanks!

Hi Dudes,

I'm seriously considering investing a lot of money into buying Darkcoins and presently am conducting a lot of due diligence. Out of all the alternate currencies out there, this one seems the most promising after Bitcoin because of privacy. When block chain technologies become available, everyone will go to them because they will offer genuine security/privacy. This of course will need discreet currency and so I'm certain all the sites will accept darkcoin coins and this will help shoot up the value.

I did come across an article however from cryptobang, and I'm hoping someone from here can answer it before I start buying darkcoins. Unfortunately I've just registered so I'm unable to provide the link here.

Many thanks!

Welcome to DCT
http://www.cryptobang.com/2014/08/27/investigation-of-darkcoin/

do you really belive anything written on this webpage ? I never heard of them before, it smells like FUD all over.
no offence
:wink:

Hello Tungfa :smile:

I don't know anything about that site but as I'm trying to research everything about Darkcoin from all sources, I'm just looking at what they're saying and trying to come to an informed opinion. All the points they've listed does sound reasonable, and I'm just hoping people here who are directly connected to the founders of Darkcoin can confirm/deny what that post says.

Is this technology really anonymous and could they demonstrate that? Perhaps a youtube video demonstrating sending/buying a coin? I'm sure after that everyone will rush into this.

Take care

Hello Tungfa :smile:

I don't know anything about that site but as I'm trying to research everything about Darkcoin from all sources, I'm just looking at what they're saying and trying to come to an informed opinion. All the points they've listed does sound reasonable, and I'm just hoping people here who are directly connected to the founders of Darkcoin can confirm/deny what that post says.

Is this technology really anonymous and could they demonstrate that? Perhaps a youtube video demonstrating sending/buying a coin? I'm sure after that everyone will rush into this.

Take care

you could have a look here
https://darkcointalk.org/forums/darkcoin-news.16/
this should give you a good overview

Edit: the page you quoted writes any story for 1 BTC, go figure how honest that piece of 'journalism' will be ... paid FUD and nothing else.

New members normaly do NOT rush in here with a FUD Aticle under their arm !
I will keep an eye out for you
:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Crow just get into testnet with recent version and anonymise, lets say 100 coins and after that try to find the oryginal tx after denominating coins :)
Do the good research before you`ll invest hard in it.
Cheers and welcome.

Hi Dudes,

Many thanks!
You don't get all the devoted followers that Darkcoin has by having an inferior product!

There are plenty of crypto alternatives that we could be involved in, but we choose Darkcoin.

Why?

Darkcoin has overcome it's rocky beginnings to become a technological powerhouse. The development team, which used to comprise of just Evan Duffield, has grown into a team of six developers that contribute regularly.

Seriously, while anonymity is important, it is now but one aspect of what we are about. InstantX will make us the only crypto with instant transactions.
With Bitcoin, you can have 1 fully confirmed transaction per hour. With Darkcoin, assuming a conservative 20 second confirmation time, you can do 180 Darkcoin transactions in the same time span.

And those are completely private transactions.

Don't even get me started about the possibilities of Masternodes...

Can I welcome you to the Dark, yet?

Tao

Hey new here,

I've been pretty dismissive of cryptocurrencies simply because I believed they were too transparent. I feel like Bitcoin is actually the tax-man's wet dream, but darkcoin is a very different story. So I recently bought 10 DRK just to get an idea of how it works.

I'm from Alberta, Canada. I'm self taught when it comes to economics, and I believe the petrodollar system is just one big unintentional ponzi scheme.

Hey new here,

I've been pretty dismissive of cryptocurrencies simply because I believed they were too transparent. I feel like Bitcoin is actually the tax-man's wet dream, but darkcoin is a very different story. So I recently bought 10 DRK just to get an idea of how it works.

I'm from Alberta, Canada. I'm self taught when it comes to economics, and I believe the petrodollar system is just one big unintentional ponzi scheme.

Nice to have you
you came to the right place !
:wink:
(bunch of Canadians here)

Hey guys, just a short heads up about me, I'm in Crypto since 2011, mostly active on bitcointalk.org and i'm running Suprnova Pools since a bit longer than a year, Darkcoin raised my interest since the instant tx features and masternodes, so i'm quite new here, but enjoying it already. I've also setup a pool for Darkcoin (dark.suprnova.cc) and hope everyone enjoys it. Its great to see such a strong community and I hope I can be part of it :)

Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back