• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

New BAIKAL X10 10 gh miner

Allats

Anyone heard about the new 10 gh baikal ?
Payment only by bank wire, 1200$ release price, late October delivery. Ordering only through email, and no update about the product on the company site...

Anyone heard about the new 10 gh baikal ?
Payment only by bank wire, 1200$ release price, late October delivery. Ordering only through email, and no update about the product on the company site...
I suspect you are not talking to the real Baikal.

'm not sure what's going on with Baikal. I was part of pre order in September and sent monies for miners in that batch. They first delayed the orders until ship date from late October to mid November. Now they informed me my order won't be delivered until late December when the 2nd batch is due for delivery. I hope I'm wrong, but this is unacceptable for first buyers and customers expecting their orders. If I'm wrong and get my miners as expected I'll update this post, but for now, it's hard to be anything but leery..

'm not sure what's going on with Baikal. I was part of pre order in September and sent monies for miners in that batch. They first delayed the orders until ship date from late October to mid November. Now they informed me my order won't be delivered until late December when the 2nd batch is due for delivery. I hope I'm wrong, but this is unacceptable for first buyers and customers expecting their orders. If I'm wrong and get my miners as expected I'll update this post, but for now, it's hard to be anything but leery..

When exactly did they email you?

When exactly did they email you?
I'm pretty sure the reason your miners are getting pushed back is because they couldn't sell enough to go into production. At this point you're screwed either way unless you get a refund. Next time don't pre-order a miner that's obsolete before it even gets here and do some more calculations and get better advice. In September you could've bought a D3 with 19.3 GH/s at 970 W specs for Dec. delivery. Why would anyone choose to order 4 Baikals at almost half the speed and a higher power consumption makes no sense to me. Any rational person would not have chosen to buy that and my guess is they haven't sold many so your order is getting pushed back until they either go out of business or get enough orders.

Best case scenario you get a refund worst case scenario you get nothing. Even if you received the miners you'd essentially generate zero profit so I don't see a silver lining here.

I'm pretty sure the reason your miners are getting pushed back is because they couldn't sell enough to go into production. At this point you're screwed either way unless you get a refund. Next time don't pre-order a miner that's obsolete before it even gets here and do some more calculations and get better advice. In September you could've bought a D3 with 19.3 GH/s at 970 W specs for Dec. delivery. Why would anyone choose to order 4 Baikals at almost half the speed and a higher power consumption makes no sense to me. Any rational person would not have chosen to buy that and my guess is they haven't sold many so your order is getting pushed back until they either go out of business or get enough orders.

Best case scenario you get a refund worst case scenario you get nothing. Even if you received the miners you'd essentially generate zero profit so I don't see a silver lining here.
Hello, Thank you for your imput. The fact of the matter is that these are now the hottest miners on the planet and I'm getting them shortly and I will update my post here with a retraction. First, your assumption is wrong. They use a max of 750 watts. Secondly, they will not be used for Dash since as you say, it's a losing proposition. It's the other algos that make this thing a beauty. Currently the DGB algo producing a minimum of $80 per day.. Show me a D3 that can do that... they can't. Bitmain way oversold those units and even though i have two, I'm a little bitter with them. The Baikals also are opening up two new algos very soon for a total of 7 different algos. So the value proposition outweighs the Bitmain product by 10X at this point since they flooded the market with D3's. Thank you.

Hello, Thank you for your imput. The fact of the matter is that these are now the hottest miners on the planet and I'm getting them shortly and I will update my post here with a retraction. First, your assumption is wrong. They use a max of 750 watts. Secondly, they will not be used for Dash since as you say, it's a losing proposition. It's the other algos that make this thing a beauty. Currently the DGB algo producing a minimum of $80 per day.. Show me a D3 that can do that... they can't. Bitmain way oversold those units and even though i have two, I'm a little bitter with them. The Baikals also are opening up two new algos very soon for a total of 7 different algos. So the value proposition outweighs the Bitmain product by 10X at this point since they flooded the market with D3's. Thank you.

Where did you get that 80$ per day?

What to mine. Plug in the stats : Groestl at 10 ghs. 150 watts.

Here is a quick list of coins using the listed algo's

X11: Dash, Crevacoin, Cryptcoin, Fuelcoin, Startcoin, Crevacoin, Adzcoin, Influxcoin, Cannabiscoin, Darkcoin, Hirocoin, X11coin, Smartcoin, Goldblocks

Myriad-Groestl: Groestlcoin, Securecoin, Myriad-Groestl

Quark: BitQuark, Diamondcoin, Animecoin

Qubit: Geocoin, DGB-Qubit, Myriad-Qubit

Skein: DGB

What to mine. Plug in the stats : Groestl at 10 ghs. 150 watts.
Here is a quick list of coins using the listed algo's

X11: Dash, Crevacoin, Cryptcoin, Fuelcoin, Startcoin, Crevacoin, Adzcoin, Influxcoin, Cannabiscoin, Darkcoin, Hirocoin, X11coin, Smartcoin, Goldblocks

Myriad-Groestl: Groestlcoin, Securecoin, Myriad-Groestl

Quark: BitQuark, Diamondcoin, Animecoin

Qubit: Geocoin, DGB-Qubit, Myriad-Qubit

Skein: DGB

Thanks for the input. However i take these numbers with a pinch of salt ;)

Thanks for the input. However i take these numbers with a pinch of salt ;)

Oh I agree.. I'm sure the difficulty will change like they did with Dash.. but there's a limited number sold and the next batch is full 45 days out. So I'm hoping to make some "Coin" while I can... I remember when D3 could make $120k per year.. that lasted all of a month and dropped 50% and then again, and again. Just saying there's some value here.

I see that Myriad Groestl and Groestl are two different algos. How come when you choose Groestl u get both? Are both supprted by the X10?

Back