• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Multi Cloud DASH Mining Farm

brasilminer

Hello everyone, cheers from Brasil.
(Sorry about my english)

I´m running a cloud company, and have about usd 40k monthly in cloud service that I´m not using...

You think it´s possible to assemble a Mining Farm with these 40k month?

I´m using Softlayer, Google and Amazon, and they have strong NVIDIA GPU servers, if I spend all that money, I will get about 50x NVIDIA GRID K2 8gb DDR5 GPUs working 24/7.

Maybe this make some profit in Dash Mining ?

The idea is to assemble the farm, paying hourly, scalling the machines as necessary.
If it´s not paying off I can shut down them at any time and the charge stops...

For what I read Bitcoin and Litecoin is impossible withouth spec gear... but maybe DASH?

I have about 400k dollars that I can spend on this, maybe I can do about 50k dollars or more in one year ?

I know I would be burning money, but I have all these computational power, maybe it´s worth a try.

Depend on your feedback I will plan and execute the assembling, and post the ongoing data here to spread the results of a experiment in Multi Cloud Dash Mining Farm
tongue.gif

Many thanks and regards.

Viva brasilminer, bem-vindo ao nosso cantinho do mundo virtual !

I would first check the company's policy. Many fiercely oppose anything to do with crypto's. One thing is to have a low spec MN, the other is hogging bandwidth/CPU/resources. If they're ok with it, go for it man! Since Dash uses DGW retargeting, big fluctuations in revenue are to be expected constantly, so check your performance against the varying diff level. Another thing to do is nail the config for 1 card really well before deploying all the servers you have. NVIDIA optimization is still strong and ongoing.

I've only mined with AMD cards, so not 100% inside NVIDIA's specs, specifically which Compute your cards are, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 etc... and which miner makes the best of your cards.

Boy that is a heck of a lot of resources you have there.

Viva brasilminer, bem-vindo ao nosso cantinho do mundo virtual !

I would first check the company's policy. Many fiercely oppose anything to do with crypto's. One thing is to have a low spec MN, the other is hogging bandwidth/CPU/resources. If they're ok with it, go for it man! Since Dash uses DGW retargeting, big fluctuations in revenue are to be expected constantly, so check your performance against the varying diff level. Another thing to do is nail the config for 1 card really well before deploying all the servers you have. NVIDIA optimization is still strong and ongoing.

I've only mined with AMD cards, so not 100% inside NVIDIA's specs, specifically which Compute your cards are, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 etc... and which miner makes the best of your cards.

Boy that is a heck of a lot of resources you have there.

Hello Yidakee, thanks for the answer!!

Should I assume that you are Brazilian because of the portuguese welcome ?? :)

Good feedback, I will start the tests tomorrow to see how much these GPU can handle.

I use a lot of processing monthly, in algorithms, rendering and simulations, so I can mix with DASH Mining without much impact, the cloud are already running 24/07 and there is about 40k processing power monthly laying around…

My main concern is about DASH liquidity, I will be able to sell it (or spend) easily?

Hello Yidakee, thanks for the answer!!

Should I assume that you are Brazilian because of the portuguese welcome ?? :)

Good feedback, I will start the tests tomorrow to see how much these GPU can handle.

I use a lot of processing monthly, in algorithms, rendering and simulations, so I can mix with DASH Mining without much impact, the cloud are already running 24/07 and there is about 40k processing power monthly laying around…

My main concern is about DASH liquidity, I will be able to sell it (or spend) easily?

Sou Português de gema, mas nasci em S.Salvador da Bahia :wink:

You make me curious. Would that be academic or private scientific simulations? Don't want to be a spoil sport, but be careful. I remember a story about some MIT guys who used uni's resources and got caught and it wasn't good for them...

Found the link
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/harvard-student-uses-14000-core-supercomputer-mine-dogecoin/

Spending... yeah, there are some places, but we still need some adoption... hopefully our upcoming video will help on that. Selling, sure, like all things market, just don't dump your coin causing a price crash, if you earn that many. Private bulk sales would be much easier. PM me when you need to, I can hook you up with some big pockets :wink:

Sou Português de gema, mas nasci em S.Salvador da Bahia :wink:

You make me curious. Would that be academic or private scientific simulations? Don't want to be a spoil sport, but be careful. I remember a story about some MIT guys who used uni's resources and got caught and it wasn't good for them...

Spending... yeah, there are some places, but we still need some adoption... hopefully our upcoming video will help on that. Selling, sure, like all things market, just don't dump your coin causing a price crash, if you earn that many. Private bulk sales would be much easier. PM me when you need to, I can hook you up with some big pockets :wink:

Hello again, Salvador that´s great :)

We do only private simulations, not using university servers, but thanks for the link!! I didin´t know about this on MIT, it is interesting, especially because it shows that even with a super computer, CPU Mining not worth much...

I belive in DASH coin, the script is anti ASCI and it has a good community, I thinkvvit has a change to be a strong long last currency, that is why I will invest on it...

Will start the experiment and keep you guys updated, thanks for the help.

Cheers from Brasil.

Hello everyone, cheers from Brasil.
(...)

Fala! Legal ter mais um brasileiro por aqui ;)

Welcome to the DASH community! Please, feel comfortable to always participate here, especially in our Portuguese language section.

About adoption, each one of us are doing what we can in order to help the DASH development and popularity. Brazil is a priority for DASH, and as I live in Brazil (Rio de Janeiro) I have been doing what I can to raise the awareness of the people around here about why is DASH so necessary nowadays. I invite you to help us in this endeavour :smile:

I also invite you to visit a blog I've set at mercadodash.com. There are lots of info about DASH there, in our language, and although most of the content there I've been crossposting here as well, it would be nice to have your opinions, suggestions and contributions there too :wink:

Well, now that we've got someone else from Brazil here, I guess a DASH meetup is much nearer :grin:

Success with your mining enterprise! Please let me know how can I help you.

The machine is ready to go :)
Installing the softwares now..

Any pool suggestion ?? Maybe multi pool converting in DASH ?

Cheers

First machine going, with 2x NVIDIA GRID K2.

Hashing about 8.89 MH/s

Is that good for one PC? What ideia in earning?

I´m running on Xpool, Dash Currency. Also tried Ghash...

Thanks!

First machine going, with 2x NVIDIA GRID K2.

Hashing about 8.89 MH/s

Is that good for one PC? What ideia in earning?

I´m running on Xpool, Dash Currency. Also tried Ghash...

Thanks!

8.98 megahashes is a great first try, (I get 7.4 megahash on a AMD R9 290)
So there are 2 graphics cards on each machine, wondering is that the limit?
You do right to focus on using GPU's to mine, like you say, most of the coins are scrypt or sha256 and even if you go and buy a load of asic's, they'll be out of date by this time next week!

Pools I have used include, trademybit, multipool and xpool.ca, although my preference is for xpool.ca because it chooses the highest profit X11 coin and then pays in Dash.

Good luck with your mining :cool:

8.98 megahashes is a great first try, (I get 7.4 megahash on a AMD R9 290)
So there are 2 graphics cards on each machine, wondering is that the limit?
You do right to focus on using GPU's to mine, like you say, most of the coins are scrypt or sha256 and even if you go and buy a load of asic's, they'll be out of date by this time next week!

Pools I have used include, trademybit, multipool and xpool.ca, although my preference is for xpool.ca because it chooses the highest profit X11 coin and then pays in Dash.

Good luck with your mining :cool:

Thanks Sub-Ether !!
The limit is 2 graphics card per machine, unfortunately...

I´m using xpool.ca it´s mining a lot of coins, but no idea how much it will worth once is converted in Dash....
I will start a new machine tonight and run on p2pool as splawik21 suggested.

Go mining go :)

I also have a hexacore CPU on this machine, that is using about 1%... maybe it worth mining on it as well to increase a little the H/m ?

I also have a hexacore CPU on this machine, that is using about 1%... maybe it worth mining on it as well to increase a little the H/m ?
Yes, you could get some 200-300 khash/sec
Remember to use all threads -1 because you need 1 core for right gpu working process...

Have never averaged it properly and its off sometimes, but 8.5 megahash should give around .12 Dash per day but I have had surprises of .25 Dash when they're doing another coin thats low difficulty that presumably is dumped onto an exchange after a price rise.

For Cpu, I would get 27khash per thread so rough guestimate for 1 Dash is:-

27kilohash * 11 threads = 297 kilohash

8890 kilohash / .12 = 74,083 kilohash per Dash per day

Calculate number of threads, 74,083 / 27 = 2743 threads

1 Dash per day= 2743 threads !

Edit: As far as I know only Stonehedge has managed 1 giga hash of mining with a cpu setup, until now perhaps :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Have never averaged it properly and its off sometimes, but 8.5 megahash should give around .12 Dash per day but I have had surprises of .25 Dash when they're doing another coin thats low difficulty that presumably is dumped onto an exchange after a price rise.

For Cpu, I would get 27khash per thread so rough guestimate for 1 Dash is:-

27kilohash * 11 threads = 297 kilohash

8890 kilohash / .12 = 74,083 kilohash per Dash per day

Calculate number of threads, 74,083 / 27 = 2743 threads

1 Dash per day= 2743 threads !

Edit: As far as I know only Stonehedge has managed 1 giga hash of mining with a cpu setup, until now perhaps :cool:

I hope I can beat your roughly guestimate :p
Because these computer costs around $1100 monthy, by your calculations I could´t do more than $ 70 montly?
That would be a huge lost, even counting with unused resources, it is a lot of computational power, for just a few bucks.

If that is correct is completelly unsustainable to do that unless you have free resources and do it for fun.

(...)

btw, I am really interested in buying DASH periodically. We could always negotiate some p2p DASH/BRL deals, if you're interested. If you're in RJ region, even better, because we can do it personally sometimes (maybe with some heinekens and everything) :tongue:

btw, I am really interested in buying DASH periodically. We could always negotiate some p2p DASH/BRL deals, if you're interested. If you're in RJ region, even better, because we can do it personally sometimes (maybe with some heinekens and everything) :tongue:

Paying heinekens in DASH would be a dream coming true :D
Count me in !

Back