• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Moocowmoo's Magic Masternode Maker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you moocowmoo for your patience and your proffesional knowledge in helping me resolving some of my MN problems.
Guys... believe me or not but moocowmoo is worth your trust.

I vouch for moomoo (moocowmoo) as well
well known in the community
tech savvy
very professional

I'm using your (very nice) service and I'm wondering what happens when the 90 day "Service remaining:" clock runs out? Do we pay more to the original addy or is there a notice of some kind about where and how much to pay? Can we pay in advance to prevent outage? I'm sure you address all this somewhere, but I haven't found it.

Thanks!

hi nemo, thanks for signing up!

when your subscription nears expiration I'll email you a reminder with the payment address and amount.

email me at [email protected]

also follow me on Twitter for occasional direct message updates: @masternode_me

feel free to ask any questions you may have.

and, thanks again for choosing my service!

Thanks for the quick reply, moocowmoo.

My first thought is that email would be a security/privacy vulnerability for both of us. What am I overlooking?

It's a quirk of our era that we have all these fabulous communication tools available - if we don't mind who else reads our private correspondence.

Sorry to sound like a curmudgeon - reassure me (please). :wink:

I use zerobin.net for anything confidential. the "burn after reading" setting guarantees either: only you have access to the message, or you know it was compromised (because the message isn't there to read)

I intend to automate the renewal process eventually, but having a way to contact users is still a necessity due to dash updates and the (very) occasional requirement to resend masternode start due to outages.

any other concerns?

That's the kind of reassurance I was hoping for. Thank you!

I get your point about needing to contact users - I am not completely relaxed about email or social media for that but I have little at stake so it's not a deal-breaker for me. Heh - I don't use social media (Twitter, FB etc.) at all though. Anyway I hope you find a way to handle it elegantly in time (half-baked suggestion - more signed messages to/from MN addys?). Meanwhile, I'm OK and happy with your service - it has already saved me a lot of time and hassle.

That's the kind of reassurance I was hoping for. Thank you!

You're welcome. I do my best to keep things secure.

I get your point about needing to contact users - I am not completely relaxed about email or social media for that but I have little at stake so it's not a deal-breaker for me. Heh - I don't use social media (Twitter, FB etc.) at all though.

Yes, so please do send an email so I can get in touch if need be.
As far as twitter goes, with two-factor auth and using a vpn it's secure enough for direct messages.
The message contents aren't anything that would require high security/protection.

Anyway I hope you find a way to handle it elegantly in time (half-baked suggestion - more signed messages to/from MN addys?). Meanwhile, I'm OK and happy with your service - it has already saved me a lot of time and hassle.

Since there's no keys involved, I'm not sure what you'd like to see secured.
More specifically, the service payment address for each masternode will never change, so you can always refer to your wallet to make sure you're funding the proper address.

Glad you're enjoying the service! I tried to make it as easy as possible.
Version two is in the works, but I'm a full time daddy so I'm not going to make any promises about delivery time. Maybe early next year.

Thanks, moocowmoo, and good luck with parenting - the first twenty years are the hardest.

Perhaps I misunderstand the email vulnerability issue. My impression is that anyone snooping our exchange of email could learn ownership of two Dash addys (your deposit destination and my MN identity). "This email address owns that Dash address" kind of thing. From there a determined snoop could eventually get to "this meatspace-person owns that Dash account", I assume.

Your zerobin.net comment resolves this for single messages, but not for keeping a communication channel open (I think). Maybe if I set up a new dedicated but not throwaway account with some provider.... Gotta think it through more.

As you can probably tell, 'puter security is not my area of expertise. I get a ton of spam directly attributable to the bct email breach a few months back so I tend to be more twitchy about such things than I used to be. Oh - I don't use social media mainly because I'm a hermit irl - it's not a security phobia thing (yet). :wink:

you are way over thinking this.

Send me your email and get notified when action is required on your part, or don't and keep up with dash's development releases and changing requirements.

I recommend the first option.

Ouch - you are probably right.

It's an understanding thing. I'm not sure whether your outgoing emails will say something like "Hey everybody, you have to restart your MNs because there is a new release" or "Attention MN owner X12345blahblah your Service Remaining counter has almost expired. Please send n Dash to address Xblahblah23456." It is the latter possible variant that I am fussing about.

Sorry if I am being obtuse - it's not intentional.

No need to apologize.
I apologize for being curt.

Rest assured I'll keep your information confidential.
Please email me at [email protected] so I can notify you when *needed*.
It's part of the service you're paying for. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back