• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Moocowmoo's Magic Masternode Maker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice, my first article!

You've got one thing wrong though. I'm not a newcomer to the space, I just don't have much time for self promotion and marketing.
Masternode.me was the first masternode service, started December 2014.

I think my users may disagree with the sentence at the end:
"still not a finished product with some bugs to be found and fixed so you may run into issues when running the service"
Either that or they're incredibly quiet people. I haven't had any cancellations or complaints about any issues.
Most importantly, I haven't had any downtime.

I admit some of the webpages are ugly and need some attention, but I think that's part of its charm, hehe.
But seriously, I've just been busy working on other things for the dash ecosystem (dashman, dashvend, armory) is all.
I'll give masternode.me some much needed love over the next few months as I find time.

In any case, if anybody does find issues, please email me at [email protected] and I'll get things straightened out!

@moocowmoo Are your service down? I've been trying to get in contact with you via masternode.me, to get some shares in a masternode. Currently looking at getting into half a masternode.

Hi @Carlh , not down, just backlogged. Took the weekend and Monday off and have many requests to answer still. I'll reply to your email now.

Great site, good value, thanks a ton for providing this. Maybe some UI improvements in the future? :)

I'm still very happy with Moocowmoo's masternode.me service and I've been renewing it without incident for quite a while. This time I was thinking of storing the 1000 Dash MN collateral on a Trezor rather than in a 'puter wallet. I've found instructions for using a Trezor as a server for a MN, but nothing specific for just using masternode.me with a Trezor. Does it need anything special or am I overthinking things (again)?

I'm still very happy with Moocowmoo's masternode.me service and I've been renewing it without incident for quite a while. This time I was thinking of storing the 1000 Dash MN collateral on a Trezor rather than in a 'puter wallet. I've found instructions for using a Trezor as a server for a MN, but nothing specific for just using masternode.me with a Trezor. Does it need anything special or am I overthinking things (again)?

I've created some instructions here: https://masternode.me/docs/trezor/

Email me if you have any questions!

Hi moocowmoo!,

I was using your shared masternode service. I received a payment for every 7 or 8 days and I was very happy.
Now my last payment was 9th october and it's been 12 days. is there any problem or this is just normal? I know it's based on luck to get the payments on time. I hope everything is ok.

Hi moocowmoo!,

I was using your shared masternode service. I received a payment for every 7 or 8 days and I was very happy.
Now my last payment was 9th october and it's been 12 days. is there any problem or this is just normal? I know it's based on luck to get the payments on time. I hope everything is ok.
Has nothing to do with his service. Sometimes you get outliers. When you run only one node, you notice it more dramatically.

There is a degree of entropy involved in nodes being selected for payment.

While odds are that you'll flip a coin 100 times, and it'll land on heads half and tails half... Sometimes there's that day where you flip it 10,000 times, and it lands heads 10,000 times. It's a fluke. It's rare. But, it can happen.

If you run 170 nodes, you see it happen every day. But, you also notice the times that you get a payment in only 6.5 days. Or 3 days. Or somehow you never left the short list, and got 4 payments in 6 hours on the same node...

Weird shit happens with even a small amount of entropy. Because it's entropy. Sometimes it's in your favor. Sometimes it's not.

Last edited:
Has nothing to do with his service. Sometimes you get outliers. When you run only one node, you notice it more dramatically.

There is a degree of entropy involved in nodes being selected for payment.

While odds are that you'll flip a coin 100 times, and it'll land on heads half and tails half... Sometimes there's that day where you flip it 10,000 times, and it lands heads 10,000 times. It's a fluke. It's rare. But, it can happen.

If you run 170 nodes, you see it happen every day. But, you also notice the times that you get a payment in only 6.5 days. Or 3 days. Or somehow you never left the short list, and got 4 payments in 6 hours on the same node...

Weird shit happens with even a small amount of entropy. Because it's entropy. Sometimes it's in your favor. Sometimes it's not.

I'm not complaining. His service is best for me. Before that I was getting paid in every 7 or 8 days, it was very periodic. this is the first time I see this so I get worried. Now I can wait, no problem. That 25 dash in that share is the money I'd like to hodl long time. unfortunately I can not buy more because I am broke.

I'm not complaining. His service is best for me. Before that I was getting paid in every 7 or 8 days, it was very periodic. this is the first time I see this so I get worried. Now I can wait, no problem. That 25 dash in that share is the money I'd like to hodl long time. unfortunately I can not buy more because I am broke.
Hey, I was getting concerned too and looked into this. Sounds like you may have a share on the same MN I do. If you search for the address of the masternode on https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/, you will be able to see the last time the MN received a payout. The address will be in the payout report email you receive - at the top of the email right after "BLOCK REWARD masternode". In my case, entropy is the culprit and everything is normal (nothing to be concerned about).

Last edited:
Hey, I was getting concerned too and looked into this. Sounds like you may have a share on the same MN I do. If you search for the address of the masternode on https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/, you will be able to see the last time the MN received a payout. The address will be in the payout report email you receive - at the top of the email right after "BLOCK REWARD masternode". In my case, entropy is the culprit and everything is normal (nothing to be concerned about).

Thanks for the info.

My share (only tiny 25 dash) is in this masternode. is that the same?
XkxX38U5vzgn2SuBk7NmzSx2sZyrXsCxS4

When I look up, it gets the last payment on 9th october. I think it's just us getting unlucky this time. I do not think it's down. I'll just wait. no worries.

A couple of my shared masternodes didn't get started on the 12.2 network
properly and I didn't notice until 8 days ago.

These two shared nodes are now in the selection queue. They'll get paid soon.

005 last payment: (18 days, 4 hours ago) queue: 255/4481 (selection pending)
025 last payment: (21 days, 10 hours ago) queue: 251/4481 (selection pending)

Sorry about that!

Hello moocowmoo,

I have some trouble with restarting my masternode (ID 91683190) after 12.03 update. Yesterday I got my reward and I waited until you updated the bench of hostnodes to v0.12.03 this morning. Then I restarted my masternode by DMT (v0.9.20 - protocol version 70210) and I got "PRE ENABLED". But later it changed to "SENTINEL_PING_EXPIRED" and finally a "RESTART REQUIERED". I did a restart a second and third time but it didn't solve the problem.

DASH Ninja shows me this (unfortunately can't post the link bc I'm a new user):

dmn01 SENTINEL_PING_EXPIRED Inactive
  • Daemon Version 120302
  • Daemon Protocol 70210
dmn02 WATCHDOG_EXPIRED Inactive
  • Daemon Version 120203
  • Daemon Protocol 70208
dmn03 SENTINEL_PING_EXPIRED Inactive
  • Daemon Version 120302
  • Daemon Protocol 70210

Is there any possibility that I can solve the problem from here?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back