• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

missing dependency: python-virtualenv

I'm getting "missing dependency: python-virtualenv" when using dashman to install mn on ubuntu 18 04 ,, and sentinel will not work any ideas

also
/home/******/dashman/lib/dashman_functions.sh: line 1129: [: too many arguments

any ideas

Did you update Ubuntu recently? Python errors are common when upgrading from 16.04 to 18.04, for example. Try manually installing with "sudo apt install python-virtualenv" to see if you can resolve the dependency manually.

indeed I have always found Tao's guide's work and are very quickly up to date ,,,,, anyway from what i have gathered here is:- in order for dashman to work on ubuntu 18 then Moo would need to do some sort of update ,,, I have there for moved back to my old VPS where i am able to run an older version of ubuntu for now

ok thanks for your help guys ,,,, one more thing
once i have done this

Add a check function to crontab to make sure it checks every minute to ensure your masternode is still running:

crontab -e

Choose nano as your editor and enter the following line at the end of the file, after the line for sentinel:

* * * * * pidof dashd || ~/.dashcore/dashd

is that ALL i need to do to keep dashd running in all eventualities OR do i still need to use the restart script that starts dashd if for some reason the server restarts or dashd simply stops ?

This should be all you need, that one line will check each minute to make sure dashd is running, and if not, it will restart it. This also works in the case of a system restart. Make sure you also have a line to run Sentinel each minute!

Back