• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Missing 1000 coins after darksend

my recommendation is not to swap but do this:
1. get a completely different wallet - eg. Jaxx or Electrum (do not forget to secure the wallet seed!!)
2. then send all funds to this new wallet
3. secure and remove the DashQt wallet file (move it somewhere where its safe and tagged with its timestamp)
4. restart DashQt and secure the newly generated wallet file

one more thing: check your data directory for automatic backups of your wallet and safe them

How do I get my 652 coins back, I don;t want to lose them also. Block explorer says I ve got 0 coins but QT shows as if I have some money left

https://postimg.org/gallery/27sitbt9o/

DARKSEND MIX IS ****** !
NEVER EVER PRESS THAT BUTTON

Why do I have N/A ? where did the money go?

Last edited:
wtf is this - you want to mix 652 DASH / 2 Rounds ??

but the wallet still shows 652 DASH

Your wallet shows that you have your balance still but you dont have a dark send balance, uncheck darksend and use instant send to access your funds

Your wallet shows that you have your balance still but you dont have a dark send balance, uncheck darksend and use instant send to access your funds
what do you mean by access?
I am creating new wallet on new computer, can I send dash coins from old to new now?
How do I retrieve coins from darksend abyss?

Block explorer says I ve got 0 coins but QT shows as if I have some money left

Why do I have N/A ? where did the money go?
These two comments right here tell me you have a very limited understanding of how wallets work in general and DarkSend in particular. You should immediately stop whatever you are doing, save all backups from 2014, 2015 and current, and get someone with some expertise physically at your laptop to help you before to make a critical error, if you haven't done so already - especially given the sums of money involved. You also need that laptop that is "in another country".

When you use PrivateSend, it creates new addresses and distributes the Dash across them. If you try to restore the wallet on another computer using a very dated wallet.dat backup as you seem to have done here, those addresses won't be contained in the old backup. The good news is that they should be in the original wallet back on your other laptop. You just need to make sure that the wallet.dat on that machine is secure.

You should post your location and find out if anyone is in your area to help you in person. It is simply too risky to ensure the information you are passing is accurate and that replies will be executed as intended via a forum. Please, get in person help.

"you have a very limited understanding of how wallets work in general and DarkSend in particular"

I am just an average Joe the Plumber, I don't care about tricks, hoops and loops and jumps, I just want my money back

Could somebody teach me how to join two wallets into one?
Do I just copy old.another.country.wallet.dat + new.laptop.wallet.dat -> god.help.me.bundle3.dat ?

Looking at your screen shots, this is exactly what is happening:

1) In 2014 and 2015, you made a backup of your wallet.
2) On your laptop in country A, you mixed coins AFTER the backups were made. This mixing process added new addresses to your wallet and sent funds there. These new addresses were NOT contained in your backups.
3) You are now in country B with a different laptop and restored your wallet from backups in 2014 and 2015.
  • Because these backups contained SOME of the addresses, but not ALL of the addresses used during the mixing process, it rightfully displays the transactions as "sends" (they go out of an address in your wallet to an address not in your wallet)
  • However, your wallet in country A should still contain those addresses, so that wallet would show them as mixes (transactions that go out of one address in the wallet, and into another address in the wallet)
  • Nearly all of the amounts in your screenshots are PrivateSend denominated amounts
  • Also, a typical "mix" contains many denominated inputs, yet your transactions only show one or two of those being "lost" in any one transaction... this tells me that your backup wallets have MOST, but not ALL of the PrivateSend mixing addresses used in each of the transactions. I would need to look at individual transactions in your wallet and compare them to the blockchain to validate this hypothesis. This means you likely went through all 1,000 autogenerated addresses and the original wallet in country A had to create new ones beyond the 1,000. With enough mixing, most of the funds would eventually end up in one of these newly created addresses.
In short, your backups are very outdated, and don't contain the private keys of all of the addresses contained in the wallet in country A. Obtain the wallet in country A, and I suspect you will find all of your funds. And please, back up your wallet more frequently!

Could somebody teach me how to join two wallets into one?
Do I just copy old.another.country.wallet.dat + new.laptop.wallet.dat -> god.help.me.bundle3.dat ?
No. Please, stop whatever you are doing. Get professional help in person before you damage a wallet. Then your funds really will be lost.

If you ever switch machines, you need to back up the wallet on the old machine and then copy that to the new machine. This entire episode is caused by restoring from a very very old backup that didn't contain all your most recent addresses.

Another country old wallet is on ubuntu laptop in virtualbox windows 7.
I remember some crashes and hangups occurred with virtualbox.

Virtualbox is safer than live usb?
Does vb save data instantly to hdd?

I'm sorry I can't quite follow the story of what happened so let's try to clear it out a bit:
- you had a wallet (state 1, virtualbox)
- made a backup (state 1)
- mixed coins (new keys/addresses were created so now you wallet is in state 2, virtualbox)
- time passes
- you opened a wallet using a backup (now you are back in state 1 btw) and there are coins missing
- you did not mix in new wallet (the one you restored from a backup)

Right?

If so, you should:
- backup all wallets you have
- find you state 2 virtual box wallet (i.e. old.another.country.wallet.dat)
- copy it to dash datadir (new name, do not overwrite wallet.dat yet!)
- rename wallet.dat to wallet.dat.old, rename old.another.country.wallet.dat to wallet.dat
- open wallet as you normally do and you should see all your coins

primary wallet is sitting in another laptop in another country in virtualbox...

Get this wallet and you'll have your coins. Case closed.

(this may sound harsh, but what you're requesting in all your posts is basically "I have a purse with many coins there, and have one with less coins here. I want to have the many coins purse here.")

Back