• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

mining on p2pools

lucasa

i've read all the things on the forum about this type of miinng but i cannot mine with my two baikals on that type of pools,,, simply after 5 hours of mining on p2pool it cointinue to says no shares yet instead of the payout.................terrible,, what should i do?i ve seen miner coming and block found but nothing.....and else with two baikal the diff adjustment fine is 1,28 or is better 0,16

i've read all the things on the forum about this type of miinng but i cannot mine with my two baikals on that type of pools,,, simply after 5 hours of mining on p2pool it cointinue to says no shares yet instead of the payout.................terrible,, what should i do?i ve seen miner coming and block found but nothing.....and else with two baikal the diff adjustment fine is 1,28 or is better 0,16

First off... It is important to note the P2Pool is different from other pools in that to discourage pool hopping P2Pool uses PPLNS (Pay per Last N Shares) for payments.

With P2Pool you are actually mining on two block chains. You mine the normal block chain, as with any other pool, plus you mine on the share chain. The share chain determines what your payouts will be based on how many shares you have in the chain for a period of 8640 shares. It take a while to earn shares in the share chain. Once you earn shares you are rewarded based on the number of shares and the difficulty of those shares.

It can take up to a couple of days, depending on luck, to start receiving payouts from P2Pool. However, you will also notice that once payouts begin. They could continue for several days after you have stopped mining too. This is all based on your shares in the share chain.

Hope this helps...

Back