• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Meetup in Monterrey Mexico on July 1, 2017

Wikiwako

Had a beautiful Dash meet up in Monterrey Mexico last Saturday July 1, 2017. Here is a small report of the event.

Having a little trouble posting the images of the meet up in this forum. Look at them here: http://imgur.com/a/mZwtN

1.- There were 41 present at the meet up including me and a few helping hands (helpers were students also interested in Dash + the wife). I was surprised at the enthusiasm of the people regarding cryptocurrencies. Specially Dash. No marketing was necessary. It was all word of mouth between friends. Prepared a Google Forms form for registration a week before and 3 days later we had a full room. I’m now getting requests for more talks.

I charged $200 Mexican pesos (10.97 USD) fee to each person to keep it only for really interested public and to pay the help. At the same time we collected the $200 pesos and as a surprise to them, I gave the fee back in Dash (0.063 Dash each to 35 official paying attendees) at the registration. A little over 2.2 Dash all in all.

The venue was a 4 star hotel conference room. The contract for the hotel was $5,500 Mexican pesos (about $300 USD) including coffee, soft drinks and cookies for 40. The original plan was for the people to use the Dash to pay for the refreshments, but handling the payments in Dash from so many people was impossible and we quickly forgot about it. The people kept the Dash and were very grateful.

Also bought 50 mugs for 100 pesos each (about $5.50 USD each - urgent delivery) and gave one to each attendee, which worked well for the photos. Still have a dozen to give out.

Lastly, did 3 Dash banners for $1,500 ($500 pesos each for a total of $82.25 USD)

The presentation was on Saturday, July 1 from 9 am to 12 pm including Q&A.

2.- About the subject on how to use the wallet and security, that was the last part instead of the first part, as stated on item 2 of the contest requirements. Wanted to get the attendees enthusiastic about Dash before diving into the wallet. Worked out fine. The presentation was about Dash, Bitcoin and Blockchain. All basic stuff.

The agenda was the following:
  1. Introduction (mostly disclaimers)
  2. History of money (why Bitcoin was created)
  3. Bitcoin (Bitcoin 101 including the pizza story)
  4. Blockchain (basics of how it works)
  5. Dash is Bitcoin 2.0
    • Masternodes
    • Instantsend
    • Privatesend
    • Treasury
    • DAO
    • Evolution
  6. How to buy and sell Dash and Bitcoin (in Mexico you have to buy Bitcoin first to exchange it for Dash)
  7. Safety
The main topics were planned for about 20 minutes each. The dash part was a little longer.

3.- Did not take photos of people with their wallets. We loaded the Dash on the wallets before the event ,but it took so long (35 attendees all at the same time) that we forgot about the photos. It was getting late and we just wanted to get the “seminar” started as soon as possible. I am aware that it was part of the rules, but couldn’t get to it. Do have screenshots of most of the transactions from our Jaxx wallets to their Jaxx wallets.

4.- Coffee and refreshments were free for all.

5.- Photos and available receipts attached:

6.- Had a blast. Lot of fun and enthusiasm. At least one confirmed new investor in Dash. Hopefully a few others very soon.

When I planned this I was not thinking of the Dash Force contest, so I understand that I went over the expected expenses and over did it on the Dash giveaway. So I don’t expect full payment in return.

It was still a lot of fun and a nice way to give back a little to the Dash project.

ZCWwHmB.jpg

ODLSACS.jpg

YmA01Ap.jpg

GcRbP6B.jpg

aQmNkJg.jpg

fnOQyjk.jpg

VPjaxGg.jpg

xPtJnJt.jpg

qOZAakl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a beautiful Dash meet up in Monterrey Mexico last Saturday July 1, 2017. Here is a small report of the event.

Having a little trouble posting the images of the meet up in this forum. Look at them here: http://imgur.com/a/mZwtN

1.- There were 41 present at the meet up including me and a few helping hands (helpers were students also interested in Dash + the wife). I was surprised at the enthusiasm of the people regarding cryptocurrencies. Specially Dash. No marketing was necessary. It was all word of mouth between friends. Prepared a Google Forms form for registration a week before and 3 days later we had a full room. I’m now getting requests for more talks.

I charged $200 Mexican pesos (10.97 USD) fee to each person to keep it only for really interested public and to pay the help. At the same time we collected the $200 pesos and as a surprise to them, I gave the fee back in Dash (0.063 Dash each to 35 official paying attendees) at the registration. A little over 2.2 Dash all in all.

The venue was a 4 star hotel conference room. The contract for the hotel was $5,500 Mexican pesos (about $300 USD) including coffee, soft drinks and cookies for 40. The original plan was for the people to use the Dash to pay for the refreshments, but handling the payments in Dash from so many people was impossible and we quickly forgot about it. The people kept the Dash and were very grateful.

Also bought 50 mugs for 100 pesos each (about $5.50 USD each - urgent delivery) and gave one to each attendee, which worked well for the photos. Still have a dozen to give out.

Lastly, did 3 Dash banners for $1,500 ($500 pesos each for a total of $82.25 USD)

The presentation was on Saturday, July 1 from 9 am to 12 pm including Q&A.

2.- About the subject on how to use the wallet and security, that was the last part instead of the first part, as stated on item 2 of the contest requirements. Wanted to get the attendees enthusiastic about Dash before diving into the wallet. Worked out fine. The presentation was about Dash, Bitcoin and Blockchain. All basic stuff.

The agenda was the following:
  1. Introduction (mostly disclaimers)
  2. History of money (why Bitcoin was created)
  3. Bitcoin (Bitcoin 101 including the pizza story)
  4. Blockchain (basics of how it works)
  5. Dash is Bitcoin 2.0
    • Masternodes
    • Instantsend
    • Privatesend
    • Treasury
    • DAO
    • Evolution
  6. How to buy and sell Dash and Bitcoin (in Mexico you have to buy Bitcoin first to exchange it for Dash)
  7. Safety
The main topics were planned for about 20 minutes each. The dash part was a little longer.

3.- Did not take photos of people with their wallets. We loaded the Dash on the wallets before the event ,but it took so long (35 attendees all at the same time) that we forgot about the photos. It was getting late and we just wanted to get the “seminar” started as soon as possible. I am aware that it was part of the rules, but couldn’t get to it. Do have screenshots of most of the transactions from our Jaxx wallets to their Jaxx wallets.

4.- Coffee and refreshments were free for all.

5.- Photos and available receipts attached:

6.- Had a blast. Lot of fun and enthusiasm. At least one confirmed new investor in Dash. Hopefully a few others very soon.

When I planned this I was not thinking of the Dash Force contest, so I understand that I went over the expected expenses and over did it on the Dash giveaway. So I don’t expect full payment in return.

It was still a lot of fun and a nice way to give back a little to the Dash project.

ZCWwHmB.jpg

ODLSACS.jpg

YmA01Ap.jpg

GcRbP6B.jpg

aQmNkJg.jpg

fnOQyjk.jpg

VPjaxGg.jpg

xPtJnJt.jpg

qOZAakl.jpg

Dash adress please !

I'll actually be in Monterrey Mexico in August and September, any more meetups planned there?

Where is the group page link for meetups? So i can stay up to date.
No such group page yet bluebit. The meetup above was a first and no further meetups were proposed or planned at the time.

In fact it was not really a meetup. It was more of a 3 hour seminar about Dash (Bitcoin and Blockchain had to be in the mix for educational purposes). I guess the reason we had such a great response is because most people want to learn more than they want to socialize. They even paid an $11 USD fee to get in!

We might want to consider this seminar format in further Dash "meetups", which is what I plan to do again the first week of August. Hope to see you there =)

Xok1uBUH6e6DeSTtZiThD298rz6GNhsv8x

tx man
pm'ed u another message

we will cover this from Core Marketing Budget - as this is a PERFECT example (very inspiring for others) for a Professional Dash Meet up !
well done
:D

tx man
pm'ed u another message

we will cover this from Core Marketing Budget - as this is a PERFECT example (very inspiring for others) for a Professional Dash Meet up !
well done
:D
@tungfa
These guys entered the Dash Force meetup contest and won, so looks like they got paid twice :eek::confused::(

@tungfa
These guys entered the Dash Force meetup contest and won, so looks like they got paid twice :eek::confused::(
Not really @mastermined and @tungfa - The contest prize (2.2 Dash) barely covered the amount of Dash I gave to the attendees (see the giveaway above). The cost of the meet up was extra. I still paid the hotel with coffee break, the mugs, the banners and other organization extras out of my own pocket.

I don't wan't to profit from these meet ups. I just want to give back to the project. In fact, I plan to do another meet up next August 12 with hopefully 100 attendees. It would be great if I get the expenses (not asking for any profit) covered by the marketing department again (BTW, not reimbursed yet), but it is NOT a requirement. Still, getting reimbursed would be great; otherwise the increasing cost of these events will prevent me from doing more and bigger ones.

Let me know if it would be better to present a project to Dash Central for each meet up. I would rather not because 5 Dash is about the cost of doing the meet up anyway. That is why it would be better if the cost comes out of the Dash Marketing department. Please let me know if I can count on cost reimbursement @tungfa, so I can look forward to more and bigger meet ups in the future.

I understand that if we agree on reimbursement from Marketing, I will not be reimbursed if I cannot prove the meet up was made (photos) and that I will send the receipts or other proof of payment. As mentioned before, I am not looking to profit from this.

Last edited:
Back