• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode.me masternode POSE_Banned

wizzard.ng

Hello,
Does anyone else have a masternode hosted on masternode.me by moocowmoo? Has it been updated?

In the desktop wallet it says my MN is POSE_BANNED.
On the masternode status page on masternode.me, it says NOT REGISTERED — dashd v0.19.01.00.

Is that the correct version now?

If so, how do I go about getting it reregistered? Run protx update_registrar?

Assuming all is good, how long does it generally take before it is no longer POSE_BANNED?

Last edited:
Correct Dash Core version is currently v19.1.0 so the PoSe ban is most likely related to using an outdated Dash Core version.
See : https://www.dashninja.pl/deterministic-masternodes.html

I am surprised people still use moocowmoo masternode hosting service. He announced a long time ago that he would stop with that service, then disappeared while people were still trying to contact him about retrieving their collateral dash and has been very difficult to get into contact with in general after that. I highly advice you to look for another masternode hosting service.

With regards to Dash Core v19.1.0 (hotfix) : https://www.dash.org/forum/index.ph...-0-to-address-recent-issue.53743/#post-234703

Also be advised there will be a Dash Core v19.2 released in the very near future to fix the issue that caused the Dash blockchain to stall.
Dash Core v19.1.0 is merely used here to postpone the activation of Dash Core v19 and get PoW blocks working again.

After the update to v19.1.0 you need to run a protx update_service command, see : https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/docs/user/masternodes/maintenance.html#dip3-update-service (ProUpServTx part)

That will fix your masternode PoSe ban (after that protx update_service transaction has been processed in a block with 1 confirmation).

Last edited:
The OP is not operating a shared node, which means moocowmoo does not hold his collateral.
As long as moowcowmoo updated the MN itself to v19.1.0 and fully synced it, all this person would need to do is issue a protx update_service to un-ban his node.
The fact that it says "POSE BANNED" in his wallet (I assume that wallet is up to date on the latest v19.1.0) means the MN is still registered as seen on the main chain. masternode.me's status node (not the actual masternode in question) may not be on the wrong version if it shows not registered instead of POSE_BANNED.

But yeah, definitely need to contact the masternode hosting service and make sure they fix the problem. A hosted MN should always be up to date and never get PoSe banned... That's pretty much the main reason for using a hosing service in the first place instead of doing it yourself.

Last edited:
Look again at OP's post : appearently moocowmoo is using v0.19.01.00.
Current Dash Core version is v19.1.0

I am not sure if those two versions are the same. If those two versions are the same, then there could be a different problem that caused that masternode to get PoSe banned. Note though that Spork 23 (Quorum Pose) is still disabled, so masternodes are currently not punished for failing to participate in DKG sessions.

My experience is that an updated desktop wallet (Dash Core v19.1) usually provide correct feedback about masternodes status
(PoSe Banned).

Last edited:
Look again at OP's post : appearently moocowmoo is using v0.19.01.00.
Current Dash Core version is v19.1.0
My interpretation was that masternode.me is detecting those two things about the masternode: 1 that it is "NOT REGISTERED" and 2 that it is on "v0.19.01.00." That data leads me to believe the masternode.me site cannot parse the recent versioning scheme change correctly, as that looks very similar to v19.1.0. And the masternode.me site also has an outdated/unsynced monitoring node if it says not registered while the rest of the network says POSE_BANNED. The OP should look up his masternode's ip address on https://www.dashninja.pl/deterministic-masternodes.html and see what it says there.

Last edited:
How do I find the operator's BLS private key operatorKey to run update_service? Isn't that something moocowmoo would have and keep private?

How do I find the operator's BLS private key operatorKey to run update_service? Isn't that something moocowmoo would have and keep private?
If you can get into your masternode server, you can retrieve your BLS private key from your masternode's dash.conf
If you had a PoSe ban before, you most likely already received your BLS private key from mowcowmoo

If you only did a masternode registration so far (where you only had to use the BLS public key to register your masternode) and you can't get into your masternode server, then you indeed need to ask mowcowmoo for the BLS private key. I just hope for your sake that he will be more easy to contact then in the past.

It depends how you set it up with him initially. If he was the one who generated the BLS key in the first place, and gave you the BLS owner public key to you so you could register the masternode, then that means only he can issue update_service, because only he has the private key.

I never had to generate a BLS key pair. I have only the operatorPubKey which is provided on the website status page. So I'll need to get him to run update_service. It's curious he didn't do it already, assuming he updated it to the correct current version. Is anyone able to get his attention any more?

Just out of curiousity, when did you last communicate with moocowmoo ?

As i understand at some point he changed his email address and became very difficult to reach.
He does not seem to be active on this forum either (see his posts).

Just out of curiousity, when did you last communicate with moocowmoo ?

As i understand at some point he changed his email address and became very difficult to reach.
He does not seem to be active on this forum either (see his posts).

It has been a very, very long time since I had to say anything to him. I never got a reply but the problem was fixed. Things normally work just fine. I was surprised to see it is banned. Masternode.me has contact info. I hope one method or another works.

I never had to generate a BLS key pair. I have only the operatorPubKey which is provided on the website status page. So I'll need to get him to run update_service. It's curious he didn't do it already, assuming he updated it to the correct current version. Is anyone able to get his attention any more?
One thing you could try is a protx update_registrar and keep all the information the same (use "" to keep the currently registered info) In the off chance he fully updated the MN itself and it is synced on v19.1.0 it might reactivate it. I've never tried it that way, and the docs don't say to do it this way, but it might work.

One thing you could try is a protx update_registrar and keep all the information the same (use "" to keep the currently registered info) In the off chance he fully updated the MN itself and it is synced on v19.1.0 it might reactivate it. I've never tried it that way, and the docs don't say to do it this way, but it might work.

Is there a chance something could get messed up?

What would the command look like? Like this?
protx update_service <MyProTxHash> <IpColonPort> "" "" ""

Is there a chance something could get messed up?

What would the command look like? Like this?
protx update_service <MyProTxHash> <IpColonPort> "" "" ""
You cant do an update_service without the privkey which moocowmoo has.
But for update_registrar, you could try protx update_registrar yourprotxhash "" "" "" feesourceaddress (or leave it blank and it uses the payout address if it exists in the wallet you're issuing the command from).
see https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/docs/user/masternodes/maintenance.html#proupregtx for details.

Back