• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Mass marketing campaign using facial recognition

Should we give $5 to everyone who signs up using facial recognition ??

• Yes

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
and they never will , govt has far too much at stake by controlling ID system than giving it away

They already gave it away and unless they're a couple of decades ahead of where they appear to be they'll do the same with digital IDs. Numbers for passports, driving licences, social security, etc. are all unique IDs that can be used by anyone, wrap them up in a decent layer of security and anyone can prove they have a government issued ID without giving away any details on what it actually is, just that it matches.

I really don't understand why you're so determined it must be photos, it's pretty clear it's just about the worst option but you're dismissing all other options with little or no grounds.

They already gave it away and unless they're a couple of decades ahead of where they appear to be they'll do the same with digital IDs. Numbers for passports, driving licences, social security, etc. are all unique IDs that can be used by anyone, wrap them up in a decent layer of security and anyone can prove they have a government issued ID without giving away any details on what it actually is, just that it matches.

I really don't understand why you're so determined it must be photos, it's pretty clear it's just about the worst option but you're dismissing all other options with little or no grounds.
you are probably talking about US or UK where this thing can work, we are talking about third world countries where ID misuse and duplication is rampant , what if people come up with ten fake ids using photoshop

unique validation has to have an element of biometric info else it's just not reliable

unique validation has to have an element of biometric info else it's just not reliable

No. biometric can be easily faked, because biometric also ends up as a digital thing.
The only thing that cannot be faked, is the community assurence.
You have to create local communities, that assure the individuality.
Given a lot of eyeballs watching one another, everything fake disappears.

This is not safe regarding privacy. Only in case the state blindsigns the IDs, it could be considered as privacy safe. But there is no state that supports a blind signature service. Futhermore, the protocol is complicated.

Last edited:
please explain how facial recognition can be faked , can you stop pushing your idea ...
I can find a lot of other people's faces in the internet, for you to recognize.
I can also put them in a video, for you to be believe they are alive.
In order to facial recognize someone, you have to trust the machine which does the facial recognition. And the machine has to be nearby the face. If a network interfears between the face and the face recongition machine, then a man in the middle (the one who controls the network) can fool you.

thats why we use OTP verification along with facial recognition , we can also ask close pic of eyes so we can check iris

thats why we use OTP verification along with facial recognition , we can also ask close pic of eyes so we can check iris
And someone may find close pictures of eyes, and send them to you. There are a lot of close picture of eyes in internet.
You may use OTP verification, or CAPTCHA services, but nothing is as safe as the COMMUNITY assurance.

Last edited:
getting sim cards is extremely difficult in developing countries( they cost more than the 2-3$ that we intend to give), so OTP verification along with biometric validation ensures we get unique individuals per se

getting sim cards is extremely difficult in developing countries( they cost more than the 2-3$ that we intend to give), so OTP verification along with biometric validation ensures we get unique individuals per se

They one who will fool you is not in the developing countries. It will be a hacker from US or Russia.
But there is no hacker who can hack the proof of individuality procedure. He can only distrurb the video broadcast of several meetings whenever the concurrent meetings occur, but hacking is not possible to happen.

Last edited:
if SMS otp can be hacked easily , hackers would have millions already they are so many campaigns that give free money for sign up in US using OTP etc

if SMS otp can be hacked easily , hackers would have millions already they are so many campaigns that give free money for sign up in US using OTP etc

Someone may have many cell phones, and claim many dividends. How do you solve that?
In the developing countries, you cannot even trust the cellphone companies.
If the amount you give is a good one, the cellphone company of the developing country may fool you.

Giving the dividend using SMS otp is a nice idea, but it cannot be used on a regular basis. It will be hacked, sooner or later.

Last edited:
Someone may have many cell phones, and claim many dividends. How do you solve that?
In the developing countries, you cannot even trust the cellphone companies.
If the amount you give is a good one, the cellphone company of the developing country may fool you.

Giving the dividend using SMS otp is a nice idea, but it cannot be used in a regular basis. It will be hacked, sooner or later.

no this wont be on a regular basis , this is just a one time thing per se , its just for like 5% population after which dash will take its roots in that geography

Last edited:
no this wont be on a regular basis , this is just a one time thing per se , its just for like 5% population after which dash will take its roots in that geography
I am a proponent of a dividend on a regular basis. As long as your proposal is one time, I consider it as a good start, for the people to get used on it and for the regular basis dividend to occur some day in the near future. In that sense I support your cause.

I changed my vote to yes, but my "yes" means "use cellphones SMS otp but not facial recognition". I prefer someone to illegaly receive more dividend, than expose people's faces. Maybe you should add my yes as an alternative poll option. Note that I am not a masternode owner, so my vote does not count.

Last edited:
how about you come up with a better marketing ide, that can bring in tens of 1000s of users in the fastest and cheapest way possible ?
You're assuming that this is the goal.

It's not.

Here's another example:
I'm building an Electric Hummer H2.
Buying a Tesla Model S would have been a lot faster and cheaper.
But, the Tesla Model S comes up waayyy short in off road capabilities and self-sufficiency.

Fast and cheap is rarely the best way to do anything.

I am a proponent of a dividend on a regular basis. As long as your proposal is one time, I consider it as a good start, for the people to get used on it and for the regular basis dividend to occur some day in the near future. In that sense I support your cause.

I changed my vote to yes, but my "yes" means "use cellphones SMS otp but not facial recognition". I prefer someone to illegaly receive more dividend, than expose people's faces. Maybe you should add my yes as an alternative poll option. Note that I am not a masternode owner, so my vote does not count.

thanks for the yes vote , we should research SMS otp option thoroughly in a given country before delving into facial recognition stuff , we should use it only if SMS otp is not a viable one like in US or UK where you can get them for free and anonymously

You're assuming that this is the goal.

It's not.

Here's another example:
I'm building an Electric Hummer H2.
Buying a Tesla Model S would have been a lot faster and cheaper.
But, the Tesla Model S comes up waayyy short in off road capabilities and self-sufficiency.

Fast and cheap is rarely the best way to do anything.

i think you are confusing marketing with driving machines , in Marketing cheapest and fastest is the best , no doubt in that.

i want to make one thing absolutely clear , burning money on Air shows , youtube ads ( like dash is cash ) or sexy POS systems is absolute waste of money, unless a user downloads a wallet first and has made at least one transaction they dont give shit about dash

thanks for the yes vote , we should research SMS otp option thoroughly in a given country before delving into facial recognition stuff , we should use it only if SMS otp is not a viable one like in US or UK where you can get them for free and anonymously

There are a lot of countries where it is impossible to get a cell phone anonymously. You can implement your one time dividend idea in these countries. But when the governments demand an ID and a real name in order to allow people to have a cell phone, this is considered as a severe privacy issue and it is not a good thing. If you give dividend only to these countries (by using the SMS otp functionality) then someone may accuse you that you indirectly support the governments of these countries when they spy on their citizents. And that you want this bad government practice to expand worldwide.

The goal of the proof of individuality is this: To prove that you are an individual, while remain anonymous. This is what my proposal tries to solve.

Last edited:
Using Facebook for privacy...That's a good one

Ha, yes I'm already aware of the irony. I'm not advocating people give their data to FB, but where they already have then it could be useful to leverage that, and imo better than duplicating some of that data into lots of separate entitites that then lose that data (eg Target).

I also like Factom idea suggested by stan.distortion. Trying to be constructive with less invasive options for achieving the no-duplicates sub-goal. The theme of replies seems to be 'don't re-invent the wheel' - just use some existing service/facility so that Dashmaximalist can focus on the primary goal - distribution.

Back