• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Mail / push notification on incoming payments

Dash4Ever

For starters think I ask, is the ability to receive notification of incoming payments?

For example, if you have your wallet closed on the computer.
A payment is made on any of your addresses, and you receive a sms / email / note.

Would be very useful especially when you get an incoming payment from a masternode.
I check frequently on dashninja / dashwhale if I got a payment. So this might be a good idéa ?

What are your thoughts?

//Dash4Ever

Most definitely wouldn't want email notification, email is so fragmented, unreliable and old. Unfortunately it's a similar story for sms (easily intercepted / faked).

I would love to see someone produce a dash version of Signal.. send and receive payments that way.

What would be an example of an incoming payment from a masternode?

I think that notifications will almost certainly be a feature of a dash web wallet, for which we are waiting for Evolution.

Something like:

Subject: MasterNode Reward!

+ 1.8 Dash received by Masternode "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
Block
Time and date

Hopefully something we see in dash evolution!

Most definitely wouldn't want email notification, email is so fragmented, unreliable and old. Unfortunately it's a similar story for sms (easily intercepted / faked).

I would love to see someone produce a dash version of Signal.. send and receive payments that way.

Plently of encrypted email providers today...that's only what Im using.

Found this via google...2 years later... is there a solution for this?

Dashcentral.org can set notifications up in a lot of different ways, email, push notifications and so on. Really awesome site go check it out :)

oh yeah and the post is from march this year, you're looking at when Dash4ever joined the forum, i made the same mistake when i joined the forum ;)

Dashcentral.org can set notifications up in a lot of different ways, email, push notifications and so on. Really awesome site go check it out :)

oh yeah and the post is from march this year, you're looking at when Dash4ever joined the forum, i made the same mistake when i joined the forum ;)

Yep, eventhough it is currently disabled due to the network upgrade Dash Central has some nice notifications. Specially the pushover notifications, they seem to arrive much faster then my normal email notifications.
I use the pushover notifications for masternode warnings and masternode errors (i want to receive those as quickly as possible) and the email notifications for received masternode payments.

Back