• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Lowering masternode collateral to 100 pre proposal

Masternode shares are coming to dash: https://github.com/dashpay/dash-roadmap/blob/master/README.md#f1

What concerns me is no explanation of how this will affect the masternode count. i.e. MNOs selling up, keeping half the capital and putting the other half into someone elses masternode... except we're all going to have the same idea. The pay gap better be good!

I'm not privy to any secret Core Team ideas in this space, but I have followed the conversation well enough to know that they will go to great lengths to insure that the miners can still mine profitably, and the Masternodes can still get a good incentive to provide services, and well aligned incentives such that they still govern for the benefit of Dash the currency, and Dash the community.

And trust me when I say that there's plenty (raised to the power of a jillion) of profit margin for all the participants in the Dash ecosystem to benefit financially (and otherwise), miners, Masternodes, the Dash community and users.

To Demo, who suggests that we don't recognize that Dash is a currency, you couldn't be more wrong. We recognize just fine that Dash is a currency, and further, I would put the idea forward that Dash is a virtual nation. It has many of the properties of a nation, like "patriotism", except better and more so. That's why we have such determined Hodlers, this is a consequence of devotion to the community. One benefit of this devotion is so much down side stability to the price.

That's also why I fundamentally disagree with the idea that we have to make masternodes more affordable, so it's "fair" and everybody can have a say. Because we are a virtual nation, and we care about the community, everyday folks who participate in the forum have a lot of influence over policy and direction. You just don't get to vote on proposals...big difference.

Last edited:
Encouraging Masternodes to vote is key though, my colleague and I have put together a professional and cogent proposal of promoting DASH to UK Gold dealers and Jewelers and surveying companies to look at barriers of adoption, with agreed cooperation from a Trade body. It has been greeted with support but I thought it would have garnered more interest, in views, than it has. See https://www.dashtreasury.org/p-2612.pre . Could language be an issue?

Last edited:
Encouraging Masternodes to vote is key though, my colleague and I have put together a professional and cogent proposal of promoting DASH to UK Gold dealers and Jewelers and surveying companies to look at barriers of adoption, with agreed cooperation from a Trade body. It has been greeted with support but I thought it would have garnered more interest, in views, than it has. See https://www.dashtreasury.org/p-2612.pre . Could language be an issue?

Part of the problem is that there is no single place where interested parties can discuss a proposal or pre-proposal. For the best chances for success, you will post to and follow up with the appropriate sections of :

DashNation slack
Dash.org forums
Dashpay subreddit
Dashtreasury
DashCentral
Dash Facebook page

And whatever else is floating around out there that I don't know about.

I believe your idea to be a good one. Are you covering all those bases actively?

Part of the problem is that there is no single place where interested parties can discuss a proposal or pre-proposal. For the best chances for success, you will post to and follow up with the appropriate sections of :

DashNation slack
Dash.org forums
Dashpay subreddit
Dashtreasury
DashCentral
Dash Facebook page

And whatever else is floating around out there that I don't know about.

I believe your idea to be a good one. Are you covering all those bases actively?
I think we should implement voting into the wallet, allowing MNOs a way to view all proposals without any distractions. And then for input can go to sites like dash force and others as well.

And to comment on lowering MNOs price, it's agreed and after seeing the recent interview with Evan and Joël, I am glad to hear Evan has mentioned he wants to have it fully decentralize one day. So I got the answer I was looking for haha. It'll just take time.

I think we should implement voting into the wallet, allowing MNOs a way to view all proposals without any distractions. And then for input can go to sites like dash force and others as well.

This is on my roadmap for electrum wallet, but I'm struggling with the mini-version of the Core Team problem: I have to scale out fast. Yet, it still on my plate.

This is on my roadmap for electrum wallet, but I'm struggling with the mini-version of the Core Team problem: I have to scale out fast. Yet, it still on my plate.
If you need to hire help I'm sure you could put in a proposal to do so. I'm sure all MNOs would love to see that feature!

But on the other side maybe your a solo developer, and I'd understand that.

If you need to hire help I'm sure you could put in a proposal to do so. I'm sure all MNOs would love to see that feature!

But on the other side maybe your a solo developer, and I'd understand that.

The issue is not funding, but the availability of competent result-oriented developers.

This is about the network's needs, not the whiny wants and demands of a crybully.

There is no problem.

Working as intended.

It's supposed to make douche bags cry.

Just like an online dating profile should piss off dumb hos, so you don't have to waste your time on them and they weed themselves out.

I actually presented the argument that we would be better off reducing MN collateral, than designing special MN hardware; in a thread where intelligent, non-snowflake conversation is happening.

The one and only reason to ever consider reducing MN collateral, is the need for more MNs. Not some whiny liberal cunt's demands.

Get a job, hippie!

Not to mention the network would trip over it's own dick to keep synchronized with the current host infrastructure...

Let me know when BTC has 50,000 "full" nodes up and running on dial-up in Kazakhstan... Or even 500... Not to mention DAPI...

I skipped over reading this thread for along time because the title alone is enough for me to say "no thank you", But after reading through it now, I gave Mizzy a whole bunch of "agrees" just to offset the "troll, and stupid" tags.

I don agree with the idea, but the level of vitriol being thrown at the OP is over the top.

Back