• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Logo discussion

It represents protection

That's what I think too, which is why I also think I have a problem with it. It seems redundant because privacy (signified by the lock) is protection. Furthermore, a shield with a keyhole in it doesn't really make sense: it isn't a real object or modeled on anything that would have uti beyond the fact that protection and privacy are related concepts.

I really like the idea of using gold or some kind of yellow for the word coin for the obvious reason, but also because it is a lighter color.

The shield is appropriate because it's a defensive weapon. Like the last line of defense. It seems like a good symbol for darkcoin. And it is very distinguishable from every coin logo to date. As a matter of fact I don't know what the symbols for most coins even mean. The shield with the lock sends people a quick clear message.

J1oVw6V.jpg
I really like this! It seems like we are getting close....

Hey Raze what if you moved the D over to the left a little into the other side of the shield so the middle line of the shield lines up with the inside straight line of the D. I'd attempt it myself but don't have the skills. :(
I tested it, but really wasn't getting very good results. I think the "D" gets a bit lost and ends up looking kind of "P"-ish. Plus it leaves the lock design unbalanced with the keyhole part getting squished on the left side of the shield and leaves too much empty space on the right...unless I misunderstood your idea.

I tested it, but really wasn't getting very good results. I think the "D" gets a bit lost and ends up looking kind of "P"-ish. Plus it leaves the lock design unbalanced with the keyhole part getting squished on the left side of the shield and leaves too much empty space on the right...unless I misunderstood your idea.
Just tried it and I see what you mean with it looking p-ish.

The shield is appropriate because it's a defensive weapon. Like the last line of defense. It seems like a good symbol for darkcoin. And it is very distinguishable from every coin logo to date. As a matter of fact I don't know what the symbols for most coins even mean. The shield with the lock sends people a quick clear message.
I suppose I am in the minority, but I think the lock does the job quite well without the shield. I liked raze's original design best, thus far, though I would like to see it in other colors (especially the gold). Taurine's, there's something about yours that I find appealing. But I thought about it and the shield is protecting the key, which then exploits the keyhole in coin. Not sure if that is ideal. Regardless, keep them coming.

I really like the shield + lock design (to me that combination of symbols says, "defending your privacy"). My only complaint would be that it has a bit of a medieval feel. I think it should be a modern look, given the space we're competing in. That could be addressed by tweaking the colours, font & shading.

I actually like what the quote feature does to the logo, fading from the bottom. Like:

U5SlF4S.png

Oh my gosh, design by committee, LOL, what a nightmare! LOL Everyone's points are valid, but boy, I'm getting a headache! :eek: LOL

Holy crap there's that many submissions?
68 submissions so far, although several of those are variations on previous submissions. Around 4 days 'til deadline.

Some of them are along the same lines as these ones we're generating here. E.g.:

lW7mRFj.png

F60wfLV.jpg

my own work.

purpose of designs: aimed at consumer financial environment - clean, friendly, easy to transpose to credit card size logo. easy to use on small smart phone screen. blue to appeal to slightly more males. blue is also more trusted tone.

68 submissions so far, although several of those are variations on previous submissions. Around 4 days 'til deadline.

Some of them are along the same lines as these ones we're generating here. E.g.:

After looking at a bunch of these, I think that the "\D" should stay on the coin, but the logo needs to have a regular D, like raze's. The slash D is a fine currency symbol, but it looks strange in the logo - I think it might be that slight feeling of "just a bit much" when I look at some of them. I was looking at Taurine's idea, which I also really like, and I think it was the \D that made it feel ... dunno, slightly off?

I also really like EmmsT's three circles with DRK in them. Just like Visa or Mastercard, it's a good small logo that could be tagged in websites on a button or whatnot. Let's think about all the uses for a logo when we are looking at these, because I think we might want to consider using more than one.

Back