• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Is this strange

Geostone

There is a fundamental issue with all currencies. I think I have a fix for it, but to be perfectly honest that is way out of my league, I just have the idea..... I have nobody to tell it to that would understand what Ii am trying to get out of my head.

Ok, so now that I got that of my chest I will tell you about myself, because I have ZERO post and this is a really weird one for my first, so that even if I turn out to be a kook at least you know I'm a real kook.... I am a retired vet after 20 years of service in the military. I have traveled all over the world, met all kinds of people. Ive been retired for the last two years or so and have not worked because of medical problems (not asking for sympathy, just saying two years sitting at home gives you LOTS of time to think). I grew up in Alabama and yes, I have a hillbilly accent, and am even missing a tooth.. Guess that makes me full blooded hillbilly... Anyway, cant really think of much more to say, but I would really like to tell someone my idea just to see if I'm crazy.....

Thanks,
Geo

PS- I just read the post. Probably the strangest thing I have ever done in my life....

we are all a bit crazy here
do not worry about it

idea ?

Welcome fellow hillbilly :) I'm interested in hearing it too, it's one I've turned over many times as well and always interested in hearing different takes on it.

Hello,
So far no tech is discussed here, moved this to off topic subforum.
Feel free to create another thread once you have your idea crystallized :)

Hey, that's not fair, his idea is the idea of an idea! How can we be constructive if all ideas are moved off-topic!

I will give the general description I passed to tungfa, basic idea for you to toss around.....

"The problem is that in order to produce any amount of currency, energy and oil are consumed and debt is created. What if the currency was based on the PRODUCTION of power? So in my head I envision two parts to this idea. As a miner, I always hated that no matter how hard I tried or tweaked, the amount I mined was minuscule compared to mining in a large pool. Here is my basic idea, a currency powered by the generation of energy through green means (wind, solar, etc). When I saw Elan Musk had introduced a roof that produces solar power I had to get it off my chest. Homes could produce a small coin to supplement income or maybe provide a complete income. That would be the solo miner, for the large miner (municipalities, power cooperatives, etc) the would produce a large "coin" equal to an amount of power produced. Those "energy coins" would be sold in blocks as power....

Does that basic idea make any common sense? I have way more in my head but, I dont want to say to much.

Geo"

I will give the general description I passed to tungfa, basic idea for you to toss around.....

"The problem is that in order to produce any amount of currency, energy and oil are consumed and debt is created. What if the currency was based on the PRODUCTION of power? So in my head I envision two parts to this idea. As a miner, I always hated that no matter how hard I tried or tweaked, the amount I mined was minuscule compared to mining in a large pool. Here is my basic idea, a currency powered by the generation of energy through green means (wind, solar, etc). When I saw Elan Musk had introduced a roof that produces solar power I had to get it off my chest. Homes could produce a small coin to supplement income or maybe provide a complete income. That would be the solo miner, for the large miner (municipalities, power cooperatives, etc) the would produce a large "coin" equal to an amount of power produced. Those "energy coins" would be sold in blocks as power....

Does that basic idea make any common sense? I have way more in my head but, I dont want to say to much.

Geo"
This actually reminds me of an andreas talk where he described bitcoin as a battery.

When people aren't using their solar or wind energy they could use it to mine crypto. Then spend that cash later.

I dont think you need a new blockchain to do that though.

Perhaps later down the track someone will create a dash app that plugs into evo and provides a nice UI to provide that functionality.

And maybe when collateralised mining is intoduced, specific mining contracts could be awarded to renewable generators.

Wow! i've just realised there are lots of contries that provide subsidies to companies who strike long term renewable energy contracts.

I think we may have stumbled upon a new idea for a dash DAO.

Last edited:
Fancy getting one started? I've been thinking along the same lines and have been waiting for 12.1 to see how a DAO for something like that could be established. It's kind of inevitable Bitcoin mining will end up primarily as a renewable energy provider with mining as a secondary business soaking up the surplus and the same should apply to Dash if mining grows the same way.

I am pleased that I am not getting blasted. I honestly had started to think I might be going crazy. I would be very interested in sharing my idea completely via PM. It works very well in my head, but I need people with skills I do not have.

Your idea is generaly an old idea, as @GrandMasterDash pointed in his #13 post.

But what I marked as bold, seems interesting.

It is difficult nowdays to have an original idea that is not implemented somehow.

Only voting with numbers, which is a very old idea, is not implemeted yet NOWHERE!!

Think of it...
An idea mentioned in the bible ("Here is wisdom, and whoever has a mind in him, let him vote the number") that is not implemente NOWHERE, and I challenge everyone to point me a place on earth where voting with numbers is implemented.

Isnt this strange?

Last edited:
Back