• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

iOS Wallet Support

tungfa

Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
iOS Official Dash Wallet on iTunes
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1206647026

For support questions, please check the documentation:
https://docs.dash.org/en/latest/wallets/ios/getting-started.html

or post here and tag @QuantumExplorer

iOS.png

DashWallet%20Banner.png

Dash Wallet (a fork of breadwallet) is a real standalone Dash client. There is no server to get hacked or go down, so you can always access your money. Using SPV mode, Dash Wallet connects directly to the Dash network with the fast performance you need on a mobile device. Dash Wallet is designed to protect you from malware, browser security holes, even physical theft. With AES hardware encryption, app sandboxing, keychain and code signatures, Dash Wallet represents a significant security advantage over web and desktop wallets, and other mobile platforms.

Simplicity is Dash Wallet’s core design principle. A simple backup phrase is all you need to restore your wallet on another device if yours is ever lost or broken. Because Dash Wallet is deterministic, your balance and transaction history can be recovered from just your backup phrase.

Features:
  • "simplified payment verification" for fast mobile performance
  • no server to get hacked or go down
  • single backup phrase that works forever
  • private keys never leave your device
  • import password protected paper wallets
  • "payment protocol" payee identity certification
  • ShapeShift integration (Pay any BTC Address by just scanning the BTC QR Code)

Dashwallet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @QuantumExplorer

I wonder if you are planning to add NFC support to the wallet. Scanning qr codes is OK but all major payments systems also use NFC. It is even more convenient than scanning codes.

Actually NFC is ApplePay only on the iPhone. I believe in iOS 11, this will change, as NFC will be slightly opened up to developers (for the use of tags I believe). However I am worried that crypto apps won't be allowed to use NFC. There is no way to know at this point the limitations that Apple will put in place.

iOS Wallet ver 0.7.6 released - please update !

Ye5hohA.jpg

Hi quantum explorer, I keep getting error code when trying to import paper wallet to my iOS Dash app. Please help.

Hi @QuantumExplorer i sent dash to my bitcoin wallet with shapeshift using this IOS wallet and the transaction status has been Shapeshift status: shapeshift depositing for 2 days now.
not sure what to do first time encountering this problem. block#769875 sent on 11/12 9:53pm
usually it takes max 30 min

thanks
Jack

@Devata New update should work for you now.

@mrjacks2o Bitcoin had been disabled in shapeshift due to incredibly high fees, and ridiculous confirmation times, it was really an issue with the bitcoin network and almost looked like bitcoin might die for a while. Can you go into your transaction history and send me a screenshot of the transaction?, I'll do my best to figure out what happened.

@Devata New update should work for you now.

@mrjacks2o Bitcoin had been disabled in shapeshift due to incredibly high fees, and ridiculous confirmation times, it was really an issue with the bitcoin network and almost looked like bitcoin might die for a while. Can you go into your transaction history and send me a screenshot of the transaction?, I'll do my best to figure out what happened.

thank you. attached the transaction.

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 153
Hi @QuantumExplorer i sent dash to my bitcoin wallet with shapeshift using this IOS wallet and the transaction status has been Shapeshift status: shapeshift depositing for 2 days now.
not sure what to do first time encountering this problem. block#769875 sent on 11/12 9:53pm
usually it takes max 30 min

thanks
Jack

are you sure the problem is not on BTC side ?
as far as i know they are still super slow and meme pool all backed up / shapeshift even out a warning up related to BTC speed

are you sure the problem is not on BTC side ?
as far as i know they are still super slow and meme pool all backed up / shapeshift even out a warning up related to BTC speed
not sure honestly in my previous post i uploaded the picture of transaction. i am not sure exactly whats going on. i think its stuck in shape shifting.

Hello.
What to do if you forgot pin?

How I can restore from my recovery phrase??

But when I enter the recovery
phrase it again requires a password !
After entering a recovery phrase it again requires my password !)
How to restore access?

Try to uninstall the app and install it again, then enter your recovery phrase. It should give you the option to specify a new password.

Howdy! Running iOS wallet on an iPhone SE. There were always problems with synchronisation percentages jumping back and forth and eventually getting stuck at some level. But it usually was enough to kill/restart the application once or twice and it used to eventually synchronise. Now, with the latest version I wasn't able to synchronise not even once, no matter how many times I kill/restart it after it gets stuck. The other difference is that the latest version stops most of the times at 99.x% rather than a seemingly arbitrary value, like the older versions. Any solutions to this?

Howdy! Running iOS wallet on an iPhone SE. There were always problems with synchronisation percentages jumping back and forth and eventually getting stuck at some level. But it usually was enough to kill/restart the application once or twice and it used to eventually synchronise. Now, with the latest version I wasn't able to synchronise not even once, no matter how many times I kill/restart it after it gets stuck. The other difference is that the latest version stops most of the times at 99.x% rather than a seemingly arbitrary value, like the older versions. Any solutions to this?
Can you go to the Settings on the app and then About and shake the phone till you get a popup window (sometimes you need to shake a bit before it jumps out and sometimes it's getting after a second not sure why). Copy the logs and send them here [email protected] please?

Yes, absolutely - done. BTW - when doing this, the synchronisation stays at 99.0% for hours now
Please check your email. Your wallet is stuck. Please rescan from the settings of the app.

Please check your email. Your wallet is stuck. Please rescan from the settings of the app.
Doing full-resync (didn't try the recommended "transactions only") had in fact helped. Thank you!

P. S. The percentages did their usual pastime of jumping back'n forth during resync - FYI

Back