• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

iBeLink™ DM11G ASIC Dash Miner Support Thread

Hi All,

What's the proper way to shutdown the iBeLink DM11G ?
I see reboot and restart options in the control panel, but no shutdown.
It always feels bad to just turn off the power switch...

Hi,
Since the miner is designed to be run 24/7, there is no proper way to shut it down. You just flip the power switch to turn it off. You're not alone in feeling bad by doing it. ;)

@Etin, Thanks for the input on nicehash and the exodus wallet. Will take a look at both.
I had bumped into a discussion by an iBeLink owner and a NiceHash support person suggesting that the iBeLink would not work without extranonce support. I have not tried it myself so I appreciate hearing about your success. Have you been pleased with the profitability on NiceHash so far?

Hi Steve,

I read that too, but do not forget a lot of information on mining originates from the days of CPU/GPU mining. NiceHash has a software "Miner" which CPU and GPU rigs connect to mine solo or within the pool. This is my first rig so I have no basis to compare. I am however mining to CoinMine pool today to compare. I have previous tried mining to Supernova and I found Nicehash better. I will send you a screenshot of my earning since I started in the DM

Hi,
I received my miner yesterday and I cannot get to the login page and none of the lights on the miner are on. Not red or blue but the fans are spinning. It is showing an ip address on my Lanscan but there is no page available when I enter it into chrome. The other miner I have setup with no issue. Please let me know if something is possibly disconnected or theres another issue.

Thank you.

Hi, I have same issue, trying to refresh SD card, but no instructions I can find - from MacOSX using Disk Utility it does not recognise the image downloaded as a valid image for restoring to the SD card :-(
This has to be done from Windows? Or from MacOSX I can do it with another program??

Thanks!
Andy
:)

EDIT: copied over the image to Windows and used Image Tool to restore image, OK! now just revising hashrates, that seem a bit low... any recommended pools?

Last edited:
Hi, I have same issue, trying to refresh SD card, but no instructions I can find - from MacOSX using Disk Utility it does not recognise the image downloaded as a valid image for restoring to the SD card :-(
This has to be done from Windows? Or from MacOSX I can do it with another program??

Thanks!
Andy

EDIT: copied over the image to Windows and used Image Tool to restore image, OK! now just revising hashrates, that seem a bit low... any recommended pools?

Hi Andy,
Low hashrates are sometimes limited by the temperature the miner is detecting. What temperatures are shown on the web console page? If it is near or above 38C, it will lower your PLL settings which will affect your hashrate. If temperature is not an issue, can you provide a screenshot of the web console page for me to check if there are other issues involved?

I got set up and have been mining for nearly a week now with very few issues. However last night one of the machines just stopped mining. It wouldn't boot up either. It turned out that the program on the SD card was corrupt so I had to re-image it. It now boots up but it won't let me change the Host name. I had no issues with it out of the box and all the other machines were no problem to change. Now it says that it has changed and that I need to reboot, but every time I reboot I get a message saying "Error loading reboot XML document" after I press the reboot button. It does reboot but it doesn't keep the new host name. I have even tried just shutting the miner off after I make the change and press the change button but it still reverts back to the iBeLink default hostname. Suggestions?

I got set up and have been mining for nearly a week now with very few issues. However last night one of the machines just stopped mining. It wouldn't boot up either. It turned out that the program on the SD card was corrupt so I had to re-image it. It now boots up but it won't let me change the Host name. I had no issues with it out of the box and all the other machines were no problem to change. Now it says that it has changed and that I need to reboot, but every time I reboot I get a message saying "Error loading reboot XML document" after I press the reboot button. It does reboot but it doesn't keep the new host name. I have even tried just shutting the miner off after I make the change and press the change button but it still reverts back to the iBeLink default hostname. Suggestions?

Hi MiningGuy,
When you changed the hostname and clicked the "change" button, you should get 2 dialog boxes asking to reboot and stating the change was successful.

g0M5G5l.jpg

HxDfYAV.jpg

Then hit the "reboot" button which will give you the "Error loading reboot XML document". Wait for about 2 mins while the miner reboots and goes through its self-check. The page will reload and should display your new hostname.

Thanks!
Andy

FYI - I found a tool for OSX that works well for restoring the image file it's called ApplePi-Baker.

Hi MiningGuy,
When you changed the hostname and clicked the "change" button, you should get 2 dialog boxes asking to reboot and stating the change was successful.

g0M5G5l.jpg

HxDfYAV.jpg

Then hit the "reboot" button which will give you the "Error loading reboot XML document". Wait for about 2 mins while the miner reboots and goes through its self-check. The page will reload and should display your new hostname.

Yes, I get those dialog boxes saying the change was successful and then I wait for it to reboot and it doesn't have the change. I've tried it many times now and it worked fine before, not sure what has changed other than I re-imaged the SD. I actually tried restoring it, rolling it back, and updating it again and it still won't keep the new hostname change.

Yes, I get those dialog boxes saying the change was successful and then I wait for it to reboot and it doesn't have the change. I've tried it many times now and it worked fine before, not sure what has changed other than I re-imaged the SD. I actually tried restoring it, rolling it back, and updating it again and it still won't keep the new hostname change.

Hi,
Can you provide a screenshot of your web console page before and after you try to change the hostname? And can you check which version of the firmware you are running. You can find that in the Config at the bottom. It should be IB3.5.21

Hi,
Can you provide a screenshot of your web console page before and after you try to change the hostname? And can you check which version of the firmware you are running. You can find that in the Config at the bottom. It should be IB3.5.21

Yes, the firmware is IB3.5.21

Change hostname 1.PNG Change hostname 2.PNG Change hostname 3.PNG Change hostname 4.PNG Change hostname 5.PNG

I just noticed mine firmware is: Current version cgminer-IB3.5.17
What is the safe way to update it? machine on or off. thanks

UPDATE: It seems to be something with the SD card. I took the SD card from another machine, took an image of it and then took the SD out of the machine that I wasn't able to update the hostname. Changed the hostname of the other SD that was working and it accepted the change. Then took the SD that wasn't accepting the change and re-imaged it with the image from the working SD...what a pain!!! I wouldn't call it a "fix" but it worked. :)

I just noticed mine firmware is: Current version cgminer-IB3.5.17
What is the safe way to update it? machine on or off. thanks

Hi,
You can use the Update button found at the bottom of the Config page. Then just wait for it to update with the machine on. Or you can grab the newest image from the first post and re-image your sd card. Of course this is with your machine off.

Hi,
Hmm that is very strange, the only thing I can think of is maybe the image got corrupted again. First, can you try putting that sd card into another machine and try to change the hostname? Then re-image the sd card 1 more time. If that still doesn't work, I will need to have the software team take a look at this issue.

Yes, I tried to change it in another machine and it still didn't work so I figured it must be the SD card. It seems that they get corrupted very easily - do you have plans to address this issue? I don't see why they should get corrupt spontaneously when they have been mining for many days with no problem. Thanks!

Hi,
You can use the Update button found at the bottom of the Config page. Then just wait for it to update with the machine on. Or you can grab the newest image from the first post and re-image your sd card. Of course this is with your machine off.
Thanks - updated now

Yes, I tried to change it in another machine and it still didn't work so I figured it must be the SD card. It seems that they get corrupted very easily - do you have plans to address this issue? I don't see why they should get corrupt spontaneously when they have been mining for many days with no problem. Thanks!

Hi MiningGuy,
I have only heard a few cases where the sd cards get corrupted, but I will notify the appropriate team about this issue. Thanks.

Hi Etin,
Some pools might not be ASIC friendly. You can try adjusting the difficulty manually on the pool. Btw, what pool are you using that is giving low hashrate?

this result is with Coinmine I experience the same with Supernova. Only NiceHash pool seems to work okay

Back