• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

I think Dash needs some changes

When I say 'signup to Dash' I mean actually signup to Dash - when Grandma asks you 'so how do i get into this crypto thing' you just link to dash.org and theres an actual signup form so she can do the same thing she does with Facebook or Instagram and it creates an actual account on our blockchain she can use from anywhere (with the DashPay wallet).

Not again this narrative about Grandmas!

You should not care about Grandmas, and grandmas dont care about your crypto too. Because they will soon be dead, so other things have priority for them. You should care about the new generation, which is enslaved to the money that is coined by the old generations, and desperately desires to be free. Be honest, do you target to grandmas because they will soon die, so you plan to confiscate their rusty money? You should not do this, you should just ignore the rusty money of the Grandmas and Grandpas, declare it as useless, and create your own money for your own generation. And if you create a money not only for your own generation, but also a money for the new unborn generations too, then this money will succeed in the future, and if governed succesfully will survive after your death (and thus will attract long term investors and funds).

You should not also try to create a community of ignorants. Ignorants cannot be self-governed effectively, they can only be governed and be enslaved. If the ignorants try to govern themselves, they will destroy themselves. You need to make sure you are creating (and belonging to) a community of savants and smarts, because only then you will have a community of free persons. If I create a community of smart savants, and you create a community of grandmas, and for whatever reason those two communities declare war eachother, who do you think will win?

Once again, you have the wrong philosophy, a necrophilia philosophy that has its roots in the "dead" Satoshi or in the "dead" Evan.
Above all, and behind all, philosophy stands. The good philosophy leads to life, the bad ones lead to death. Repent before your last breath, otherwise it will be too late.

Mystnodes Leaderboard | Mysterium Network
Home of David Ulansey (mysterium.com)

"Keys, straight from the top of my dome
As I rock, rock, rock, rock, rock the microphone"

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing @maverick44

I don't think it is a garbage post - I think you are right (even if it is inconvenient realisation).
It is not 2015 anymore and no one cares about the next sophisticated, super-complicated decentralised technology and highly technical jargon. The brightest example of this was the release of chain-locks - the revolutionary technology for crypto and... in fact no one cares about.
Look at the roadmap and check what is there - here are some random examples:
  • Multi-package repository
  • Quorum rotation, stronger IS security
  • Initial Enhanced Hard Forking implementation
  • Platform fee system
  • Platform Decentralised API with HTTPS
  • BLS v1.0 implementation
  • Asset lock special transaction
  • ... and many others
Who in the world, except maybe 10 people, understands that?
Which investor would buy Dash because of what is written there??
How people could get excited reading this???
This is the path to nowhere in my opinion. This could be written in ancient Sumerian language and that probably would not make a big difference.
Marketing and business people should recognise and understand market needs, create roadmaps, communicate them, and set the direction, not developers.

During the recent weeks I have spoken with many friends who are not in crypto but heard about crypto. Basically, there are only 2 cases they are interested in:
  1. Speculation / investment (overwhelming majority - 90%)
  2. How can they use it in a real world (they paid some attention to my crypto.com card and asked about DashDirect but got disappointed learning that it is not available in Europe)
So let's drop the delusional thinking about the great future with more and more tech (that is being developed forever). Let's focus on the needs of people and learn from the past mistakes.
- Investors want great marketing and excitement.
- Users want working products (and they don't have to be perfect - hardly anything is perfect).
They don't care about another magic, non-understandable decentralised technology, or another geeky speech or more software development. We just lost the entire bull run waiting for the release of great tech - this is very bad.

I hope the new DCG CEO understands the necessity to make a quick shift from development and tech-oriented project to business- and user-oriented project. And I hope he will hold people accountable for promises and ensure delivery on time and what was promised.
I am curiously waiting for his announcements and changes he is going to implement. I hope that our marketing will be shifted towards investors and users, and development efforts towards releases and products.

Hi Kot, great to see you here, and though I personally pushed hard for a deep change out in the DCG structure, including yourself, I appreciate the fact you are on here providing some great post contents.

I've been saying this for a very VERY long time. No one...not ONE SINGLE person I've talked to understands or CARES about any one of the inventions and tech DASH has spear headed. NOT ONE! I do completely agree with your numbered list above. DASH needs to capture the minds and hearts of small users. We need features that small holders can be excited about. We need a far far simpler message...and we need to stop being so damn technical. We have alienated so many people with this previous direction.

Its really frustrating yet refreshing to see that what a lot of mno's like my self were pushing for is now finally being realized. Alot of us OG's loved this project because of the energy and the focus on the small things, while still have some lofty goals. I'd like to get fired up again...and would love to be a positive force for the project.

Thanks for some great posts above...I look forward to some constructive dialogue. PS Dont let Demo get under your skin. ;) he does that to alot of people...but i think he means well.

Regards,

Richard

When I say 'signup to Dash' I mean actually signup to Dash - when Grandma asks you 'so how do i get into this crypto thing' you just link to dash.org and theres an actual signup form so she can do the same thing she does with Facebook or Instagram and it creates an actual account on our blockchain she can use from anywhere (with the DashPay wallet). Not have to connect a metamask wallet to use some 3rd party token running on Ethereum like the links you gave

We are talking about making Dash the first real cryptocurrency that's a decentralized Brand, in order to make it as easy to onboard as any centralized internet service, because that's something that the community can grow very quickly especially if we incentivize it (via governance, invites, referrals etc)

Its suprising still how many Dash people dont understand one of the most fundamental aspects of Evolution (and DCG still dont as there are zero plans to put anything on Dash.org as far as I know).

These are the kind of features that will make Dash stand out as a unique proposition that people can get interested in, because it's breaking down the barriers for people to actually onboard to crypto, and one of the Evo features that together enable us to become the "Apple of crypto". If we can get back to the fundamentals here which are all in the Evo vision since it was first laid out by Evan D and Platform was envisaged to solve, this is the route back to the front of the market for Dash.

If we do work with a professional marketing agency, we should really make sure they understand this.

Hey @bigrcanada ,
Thanks for joining the discussion. Please don't be frustrated - the understanding of necessity of having business goals in mind was always in DCG (especially when Ryan was still around). Like I wrote previously - we failed by keep believing that the estimates shared by the developers are reliable (at the end of the day, you have to believe your people). Development of the platform was going to take 3-6 months according to the original estimates - if it was true, it would be a good tradeoff to create value proposition, mentioned by Andy before. The estimates weren't unfortunately reliable and I don't think it changed a lot - we are still experiencing the same problems and delays.
The project can't be kept hostage in hands of the devs, because they have a lot of satisfaction just by developing the complicated code (and they don't experience any consequences after not delivering on time, what was promised). Code is great but it can't be the goal - we need products and reliable delivery process. Business-oriented people should lead the project and the company, not devs.
You are right - changes are necessary to shift the direction. I hope DCG is planning the change with the new CEO.

Last edited:
The project can't be kept hostage in hands of the devs, because they have a lot of satisfaction just by developing the complicated code (and they don't experience any consequences after not delivering on time, what was promised).
  1. The project can't be kept hostage in hands of the devs, because they have a lot of satisfaction just by developing the complicated code but they don't experience any consequences after not delivering on time, what was promised.
  2. The project can't be kept hostage in hands of the DCG managers, CEOs, CTOs etc because they have a lot of satisfaction for hiring devs or organizing things but they don't experience any consequences for the failed structures they created or for hiring stupid devs instead of smart ones.
  3. The project can't be kept hostage in hands of the masternodes/voters, because they have a lot of satisfaction when voting in favor of DCG in the dash budget system but they don't experience any consequences for keep voting for a stupid DCG.
What is the most important? I think 3 is most important than 2, and 2 is most important than 1. But you, @kot, you ignore both 3 and 2 and you focus only to 1. Thats why you failed as a manager. You are looking everywhere for the responsibles of the failure, everywhere except at yourself.

Perseus cuts the head of medussa, so that the dirty past (that medussa and some other gorgoneions represent and remind to us) is forgotten. Who can look medussa straight in the eyes? Wisdom, immortality and perfection is achieved by those who can travel back and forth in time, by those who control the past and the future with the help of gorgoneions that are the gates of time. If you could go back to the past ulimited times and correct all your mistakes, then you can become perfect. When you finnaly reach perfection and success, you have to cut any links from the past because if you keep the gates of the past open you may fall back to imperfection again, and also because your dirty past could be used against you. When you reach perfection and success, you have to cut the head of the dirty past/medussa, and keep it as a protective amulet in your shield, as Athena (the goddess of wisdom) did. But when you fall into the pit of despair and failure, dont cut medussa's head. Look medussa straight in her eyes, look and go back at your dirty past, discover and solve your innumerable mistakes and then, in case you manage to escape from madness, you may be transformed to a wiser person , and this wisdom may lead you to success.

Last edited:
  1. The project can't be kept hostage in hands of the devs, because they have a lot of satisfaction just by developing the complicated code but they don't experience any consequences after not delivering on time, what was promised.
  2. The project can't be kept hostage in hands of the DCG managers, CEOs, CTOs etc because they have a lot of satisfaction for hiring devs or organizing things but they don't experience any consequences for the failed structures they created or for hiring stupid devs instead of smart ones.
  3. The project can't be kept hostage in hands of the masternodes/voters, because they have a lot of satisfaction when voting in favor of DCG in the dash budget system but they don't experience any consequences for keep voting for a stupid DCG.

I disagree with 3. The masternodes/voters experience the most consequences because the value of our invested collateral is at stake. MNOs' satisfaction has nothing to do with favoring DCG. Satisfaction directly depends on investment value.

MNOs govern Dash. For our DAO to succeed, the decision-makers (MNOs) need to make well-informed decisions and be incentivized to maximize the value of our large investment. And, it's in all MNOs' interests to always harmoniously respect and abide by the decision of the supermajority vote. Adversarial hostility to this process by undermining or circumventing the vote harms our DAO.

I don't necessarily believe it is DCG's job, nor mission to market Dash, I would however like to see Dash Marketing Hub streamline its
approval process, with Dash Direct MC on indeifinite suspension, they should have had something else in the pipeline ready to
for a Brave campaign. I am talking about consumer marketing, not B2B.

Last edited:
I don't necessarily believe it is DCG's job, nor mission to market Dash, I would however see Dash Marketing Hub streamline its
approval process, with Dash Direct MC on indeifinite suspension, they should have had something else in the pipeline ready to
for a Brave campaign. I am talking about consumer marketing, not B2B.

I think it doesn't matter if DCG does it or Dash Marketing Hub does it or they do it together or anyone else does it.
What matters more is the right people doing right things - effective, experienced people, who know what they are doing.
Having right people is more important than the name of the company they work with - DCG or DMH is just an organization to handle administrative and operational tasks around these people/employees/contractors. Whatever is better prepared should be used.

Last edited:
When censoring me, could you at least send me the message you censored in a private message?
Randomly deleting my messages without informing me, it is not fair.

When censoring me, could you at least send me the message you censored in a private message?
Randomly deleting my messages without informing me, it is not fair.

You've been warned before about off-topic comments on posts, the OP filed a report on that comment, stay on topic, it is simple as that.

Quite a lot of time passed by and I didn't see any news or announcements from the new CEO.
What is happening?

On behalf of the #dash community, contact the CEO of Binance for help. The project in terms of capitalization is dead for any investor, something needs to change.

On behalf of the #dash community, contact the CEO of Binance for help. The project in terms of capitalization is dead for any investor, something needs to change.

Dash fell because of bad governance. But the governance coins are the future, and coinmarketcap proves it. Cardano, Solana, Polkadot are governance coins and all of them are ranked among the first ten coins. They replaced the market's need for good governance after Dash's crash due to mismanagement. Because the market really craves for good governance.

I hope Dash will recover and regain the place it deserves into coinmarketcap, but this means that it needs to be governed well. Dash needs accountability (Polkadot already implemented a form of it). Dash needs firstly to spot , and then weaken the voting power of all the bad actors that vote stupidily or maliciously. Dash needs to vote the numbers.

Binance is the biggest known Dash whale, but they have done nothing so far to help Dash be governed effectively. Binance does not propose in the Dash's budget, Binance does not vote at all, so what else could Dash expect from the CEO of Binance? If he is really interested in Dash, let him propose into the budget, and let him vote. We are watching him.

Last edited:
Dash fell because of bad governance. But the governance coins are the future, and coinmarketcap proves it. Cardano, Solana, Polkadot are governance coins and all of them are ranked among the first ten coins. They replaced the market's need for good governance after Dash's crash due to mismanagement. Because the market really craves for good governance.

I hope Dash will recover and regain the place it deserves into coinmarketcap, but this means that it needs to be governed well. Dash needs accountability (Polkadot already implemented a form of it). Dash needs firstly to spot , and then weaken the voting power of all the bad actors that vote stupidily or maliciously. Dash needs to vote the numbers.

Binance is the biggest known Dash whale, but they have done nothing so far to help Dash be governed effectively. Binance does not propose in the Dash's budget, Binance does not vote at all, so what else could Dash expect from the CEO of Binance? If he is really interested in Dash, let him propose into the budget, and let him vote. We are watching him.

That's what I'm talking about, we need to send an official request why they don't vote.

That's what I'm talking about, we need to send an official request why they don't vote.

If they don't bother to vote, do you think they will bother to explain why they don't vote?

The solution is not to beg for the participation of the inactive/dead. The solution is to ignore them.
If you ignore them, and especially if you vote against their interests, they may become active/alive again.

If we take into account the government decisions only from the active-alive masternodes, and if all decisions taken in the past by today non active masternodes are today considered as not valid, then the masternodes are incentivized to remain active and alive into the dash community for a long time.
The masternodes, by knowing that they are long residents of the dash community, they tend to take good decisions and they are not superficial!!!
The above is the path to the good governance. Respect the alive, forget the decisions of the dead.

No one in the Universe is allowed to try a system where old decisions cease automatically upon the death/inactivity of the decider (in case of course the alive/active desire that) because if that system succeeds it could threaten the world order of the agents.

Respect the alive/active, forget the decisions of the dead/inactive.

One rule to ring them all!

Last edited:
I just watched the latest sprint review video on YT. Another month passed by and it still doesn't look like tremendous progress towards the actual, final release of the platform is being made but devs are happy and doing their thing (just developing). Or am I wrong?

One of the comments there says: "Prime example of vaporware stuck in development hell".
Very accurate description of the situation imho.

Hey @Marine - are there any positive news on the marketing front?

Back