• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

I am running for Trust Protector. Feel free for all the candidates to turn this into a thread with information about all of the candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

solarguy

Interested in Bitcoin since it was a dollar.

Interested in Dash since 2016.

Decided Dash was going to change how money worked and invested in 2017. Still invested.

I have been active on the forums for a long time. I have only had one username, Solarguy (or slight variants) the whole time.

I took some macroeconomics back in the day and since then have studied more in depth Keynesian and Austrian economic thought. I am also a student of game theory.

Before crypto caught on, I traded gold and silver because of the inflation problem that is a fundamental aspect of fiat.

I am a libertarian and have been for a long time.

I have a degree in biology and chemistry, and an advance degree in Optometry. I originally got interested in Bitcoin because of the math, encryption, and the deflationary and known supply (emission curve).

My goal for a long time in the Dash community is to facilitate productive discussion. I have helped people work on proposals, ideas, etc because without good information and vigorous discussion, we as a community cannot make effective and wise decisions to promote Dash.

I do not break trust. If I say a conversation is private, it stays private. I show up when I say I will show up. I do good work.

If you have questions, don’t hesitate.

Amanda asked a thoughtful question over on Discord, so I will copy that information here also.:

1. Amanda_B_JohnsonToday at 11:55 AM
    I have a question for you, @solarguy don't send dash to me : why did you disappear for several months/years (at least as far as my r/dashpay memory serves)? And only reappear quite recently?

2. solarguy don't send dash to meToday at 1:20 PM
    My wife got breast cancer and we were pretty busy for a bit over a year. She beat the cancer and our life is now back to normal.

Three questions, addresed to all Trust Protectos (TP).

1. What should be the minimum number of votes , as a precentage of the total possible votes, you should receive in order to be named a TP? For example, in the hypothetical case you would receive only 3 votes (out of 4289 possible) and still you would be able to get elected, do you think it would be fair to receive the TP title ?
  2. The TP election procedure allows voters to cast only positive votes, and not negative votes. I can vote for the TP I trust, but not for the TP I do not trust. For example, in case someone is trusted by 500 masternodes and not trusted by 2000, due to the election system he is elected. Do you think this is fair?
  3. Is trust something that starts at 4 April 2022 and ends at 14 April 2022, during the TP election period? What if I the network trusts someone at 14 April, and at 15 April it stops trusting him? Do you think it is fair for the network to tolerate this TP for the next one year?

TLDR: The TP election system is stupid, and stupid are also all those who do not question it and trust it.

Last edited:
Three questions, addresed to all Trust Protectos (TP).
  1. What should be the minimum number of votes , as a precentage of the total possible votes, you should receive in order to be named a TP? For example, in the hypothetical case you would receive only 3 votes (out of 4289 possible) and still you would be able to get elected, do you think it would be fair to receive the TP title ?
  2. The TP election procedure allows voters to cast only positive votes, and not negative votes. I can vote for the TP I trust, but not for the TP I do not trust. For example, in case someone is trusted by 500 masternodes and not trusted by 2000, due to the election system he is elected as a TP. Do you think this is fair?
  3. Is trust something that starts at 4 April 2022 and ends at 14 April 2022, during the TP election period? What if I the network trusts someone at 14 April, and at 15 April it stops trusting him? Do you think it is fair for the network to tolerate this TP for the next one year?
Here is how we can solve the above issue.
Every Trust Protector should spend 5 dash and add his candidacy into the Dash budget system, as a proposal that expires in 1 year.
The TP that are elected, they will get their proposal fee back.

If ALL Trust protectors add their candidacy into the Dash budget system, the above 3 questions are answered.
  1. minimum number of votes = 10%
  2. negative votes? = ok
  3. stops trusting? = ok

My only concern is this hardcoded 10% number. Why 10% and not 5% or 45% ? Lets vote the numbers, lets create an "adaptive minimum votes percentage for the Trust Protector election" proposal, similar to this.

Actually, this is a splendid idea! and I would suggest that the next DTP election should be run in the DAO, where the candidates raise a proposal for 12 months and post their bio etc and we vote on them in the usual way in the DAO, the proposal is for 12 months, so we can gauge their approval rating as time goes by.

This would be more fair than the current process because voting in the current system is awkward, it is trusted, closed and centralised and in previous years we've gotten poor turn outs because it is a pain in the ass to vote that way. The DTP elections should be done in the DAO and when the proposal fee drops to 1 Dash it will be entirely possible to run it that way.

Actually, this is a splendid idea! and I would suggest that the next DTP election should be run in the DAO, where the candidates raise a proposal for 12 months and post their bio etc and we vote on them in the usual way in the DAO, the proposal is for 12 months, so we can gauge their approval rating as time goes by.

This would be more fair than the current process because voting in the current system is awkward, it is trusted, closed and centralised and in previous years we've gotten poor turn outs because it is a pain in the ass to vote that way. The DTP elections should be done in the DAO and when the proposal fee drops to 1 Dash it will be entirely possible to run it that way.

Why at the next DTP election?
Why not now?

Why at the next DTP election?
Why not now?

There are a multitude of reasons, such as we are already well under-way using the legacy system, the proposal fee is too high at 5 Dash and the idea hasn't been agreed upon by anyone yet. It's a good idea for next year when the fee will be 1 Dash already and we have plenty of time to put the new voting system in place.

....the idea hasn't been agreed upon by anyone yet. It's a good idea for next year when the fee will be 1 Dash already and we have plenty of time to put the new voting system in place.

@Hilawe gave a like when I directly asked him about it.
So he is the first Trust Protector candidate who seems to like the idea.

We dont have to wait until the next year.

Nothing prevents the TPs for adding their name into the Dash budget system (at any time , before or after the centralized TP election deadline), in case they agree with the idea.

After all, nobody ever asked the masternodes whether they prefer to elect their TP the one or the other way.
In that sense we may have two kind of Trust Protectors, the ones elected by the centralized/positive_vote system and the bold ones elected by the decentralized/negative_vote system.

Last edited:
www.negativevote.org said:
What is Negative Vote?
The concept is simple but not yet practiced in any democracy in the world.
負數票協會 Negative Vote Association
www.negative.vote said:
START THINKING NEGATIVE
Improve the democratic republic with a (-1) vote
Negative Vote

Lets make history. Lets make Dash DAO the first place where negative vote for candidates will be re-designed / re-implemented.

320px-Athen_Stoa_Ostrakismos_2.jpg
640px-Athenian_Secret_Ballot.jpg
greek_art1367082336224.png

Of course I am not optimistic. Stupidity/evilness always prevails in this Universe. Similar to voting the numbers, the government's agents who reside among the DTP election system designers along with most of the TP candidates, will never allow a negative vote system for candidates to be established. The government's agents have been ordered and succeed to ban the negative vote for candidates all over the world, they already did the same here in Dash (and will do it again, in case the negative vote movement becomes popular) . Not a single place in the whole world, dont you wonder about it? Be honest and ask yourself, what are the odds of not finding this system anywhere in the whole world? Is it just a coincidence or maybe a succesfully implemented plan?

And you may ask me, who are they the agents? Obviously all those who oppose or intentionally ignore/obfuscate the path of the negative vote for candidates, that is about to lead us to a new world order.... It is that simple, isnt it? They intentionally ignore/obfuscate the path of the negative voting.... All the Dash trust protectors are currently doing this, with the possible exception of @Hilawe who gave a timid and ambiguous "like" to the idea.

Bauhaus Double Dare - YouTube

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back