• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

HPMN FAQ Page

Would quorum selection change with the new masternode type?
In the HPMN solutions, regardless of their increased collateral, a HPMN would be treated the same as a standard Masternode in the quorum selection process. For Platform quorums only HPMNs would be chosen.

Would a HPMN still get PoSe scored in case it does not function correctly (fails to participate in DKG for example), during the quorum selection process on Dash Main Chain ? Or does it get excluded from PoSe penalties, for the small part of the work it does there ?

In other words : could a HPMN end up getting PoSe banned, because of failure to participate in DKG on Dash Main Chain ?

I used to think a HPMN beside the 4K collateral requirement would only have to satisfy certain server hardware requirements (CPU, RAM, Storage, Network Throughput), but now i am not so sure.

Last edited:
Would a HPMN still get PoSe scored in case it does not function correctly (fails to participate in DKG for example), during the quorum selection process on Dash Main Chain ? Or does it get excluded from PoSe penalties, for the small part of the work it does there ?

In other words : could a HPMN end up getting PoSe banned, because of failure to participate in DKG on Dash Main Chain ?

I used to think a HPMN beside the 4K collateral requirement would only have to satisfy certain server hardware requirements (CPU, RAM, Storage, Network Throughput), but now i am not so sure.

Yes, it can get a PoSe score, the real question is what happens when it gets banned on the L1 with the L2? I presume it can also no longer propose blocks for the Evo sidechain, but who really knows?

Back